Programme Manager, Operational Transformation
Result of Service
As described in the functions.Work Location
The duration of this assignment is 11 months with possibility of extension.Duties and Responsibilities
THE ORGANIZATIONAL SETTING
The Secretariat consists of the Office of the Secretary General, five Bureaus, seven Regional Offices, the Strategic Planning, Coordination and Partnerships Office, the Finance Branch, the Office of Internal Oversight, the Communications Section and the Ethics Office. The five Bureaus are as follows: the Air Navigation Bureau, the Air Transport Bureau, the Capacity Development and Implementation Bureau, the Legal Affairs and External Relations Bureau, and the Bureau of Administration and Services, which are located at ICAO Headquarters in Montreal.
The incumbent reports to the Head, Strategic Planning, Coordination and Partnerships Office, and will work closely with the Chief of Finance Branch. She/he will be a member of the implementation team of the ICAO Transformational Objective Transformation Output 5 (TO5) on Financial Management, and Transformation Output 6 (TO6) on Strategic Organizational Reform. The incumbent will be responsible for the programme management of projects under the TO5 and TO6 (collectively, the Operational Transformation Pillar) in particular with the monitoring of the implementation carried out by the Project Manager(s).
The incumbent coordinates the TO5 and TO6 Projects in the Output Programmes ensuring Project Managers are effectively managing all aspects of the Project lifecycle. S/he co-ordinates Project status reports ensuring appropriate escalation and updates to the Operational Transformation Pillar Programme Board; Manages the Output Programme critical path ensuring effective implementation of the Programme; Co-ordinates the Pillar Programme Board information and documentation, supports the Co-Chairs of the Operational Transformation Programme Board, and provides summary outputs; Manages Output Programme dependencies, socializes relevant items and engages with relevant stakeholders; Interacts with the ICAO Transformation Team to manage the implementation plan and change management plan; and Manages the Project Manager deliverables. The incumbent will provide substantive advice and inputs to project implementation and management across the Transformational Objective, particularly as they related to relevance, linkages and dependencies between projects under TO5 and TO6.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Function 1 (incl. Expected results)
Manages the programmes of all projects under Transformation Outputs 5 and 6 (TO5 and TO6) through effective co-ordination, oversight and stakeholder management, and the Operational Transformation Pillar Board coordination, to achieve results such as:
• Define and report on deliverables, milestones, and implementation plans for TO5 and TO6 under the Transformational Objective.
• Maintain the critical path with associated regular status updates of the projects under TO5 and TO6.
• Provide and enable effective engagement and co-ordination across the TO5 and TO6 Programmes and Projects.
• Provide and enable effective monitoring, change management, engagement, communications, reporting and Executive Sponsor level progress updates.
• Prepare and present Project Business cases, in close collaboration with Project Manager(s), as appropriate.
• Oversee and/or produce programme planning, financial and resource management.
• Develop a robust dependency mapping, implementation plan alignment and business impact analysis for TO5 and TO6 Programmes.
• Analyze risks, consolidate mitigations and opportunities.
• Assist with schedule management of the different stakeholders for project team sessions.
• Monitor programme and project progress and acting as the escalator of risks where such are beyond their capacity.
• Enable proactive stakeholder mapping, engagement, collaboration, and strategic intervention.
• Proactively manage programme (and project risks as appropriate) risks, issues and actions ensuring effective mitigation and delivery.
• Oversee and monitor the timeliness and quality of outputs, deliverables and milestones of the consultant(s), supplier(s), personnel and other stakeholders involved in the implementation of projects under the TO5 and TO6 Programmes.
• Conduct regular assessments to evaluate the performance of the TO5 and TO6 Programmes considering relevant KPI’s and metrics.
• Facilitate benefits realization across TO5 and TO6 Programmes by ensuring alignment between projects’ outputs and planned benefits.
• Foster identification and implementation of lessons learned vis-à-vis TO5 and TO6 Programmes for organizational learning and growth.
• Monitor and manage the contractual aspects with the consultant(s) and supplier(s), including but not limited to:
• Provide guidance for payments to the consultant(s)/supplier(s) against approved deliverables in accordance with contractual terms and conditions;
• Provide advice on need to contact modifications/amendments, such as extensions, change orders, review of terms and conditions;
• Draft, as necessary, documents, which may include terms of references, scope of works, etc. in line with ICAO policies and guidance material.
Function 2 (incl. Expected results)
Delivers Transformational Objective governance, reporting and management information, to achieve results such as:
• Plan, co-ordinate and manage the Operational Transformation Programme Board.
• Produce informed and consistent status and progress updates to stakeholders enabling effective engagement and communication.
• Provide assurance and validation of good project planning, financial and resource management.
• Provide assurance and validation of robust dependency mapping, implementation plan alignment and business impact analysis.
• Maintain RAID log, RACI log, stakeholder maps and programmatic document storage.
Function 3 (incl. Expected results)
Provides substantive advice and inputs to across Transformational Objective projects and programmes, to achieve results such as:
• Provide substantive advice and inputs to project implementation and management across the Transformational Objective, particularly as they related to relevance, linkages and dependencies between projects under TO5 and TO6
• Support cross-pillar coordination and collaboration with projects and programmes under the People and Culture Transformation Pillar and Digital Transformation Pillar
Function 4 (incl. Expected results)
Performs other related duties, as assigned.
• A first-level university degree in programme management or in a related field.
• Prince 2, PMI, Agile or equivalent Programme or Project Management qualification.
• Prince 2 or equivalent Practitioner’s Certificate.
• A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in Programme Management, is required.
• Experience in administration and implementation of strategic or operational (action) plans, is required.
• Experience in an aviation, UN or other international organization, is desirable.
• Experience in organizational change/transformation or operational assessment, performance monitoring and assessment, internal process reviews and/or audits, is desirable.
• Experience in managing complex cross-functional change initiatives, is desirable.
• Fluent reading, writing and speaking abilities in English.
• A working knowledge of any other language of the Organization (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish).
Consultants will be held to the highest ethical standards and are required to sign a Code of Conduct and an individual declaration of independence (or statement of confidentiality) upon acceptance of the assignment.
The position is full-time based in Montreal, with presence of the consultant at the HQ office.
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: