Project Manager (m-f-d)
FSC works to take care of our forests and those who rely on them: by protecting plant and animal species, Indigenous Peoples’ rights, forest workers’ safety, and much more. We achieve this through FSC certification, ensuring forests around the world are responsibly managed. For more information on FSC, visit our website at www.fsc.org.
To effectively meet the challenge of protecting the world’s forests, we are committed to ensuring we have the world’s most skilled people working with us. This commitment extends to everyone that works in FSC around the world: from those that lead the design of policies and standards, to those that roll out those same policies and standards on the ground, and to those that provide us with backbone to do our work.
We are looking for an engaged Project Manager who brings solid expertise and a passion for FSC’s mission, to work with us in a multinational environment.
The Project Manager will be responsible for leading and facilitating global strategic cross-unit implementation projects, while actively advancing FSC's goal to enhance Project Management expertise across the organization.
Main Roles and Responsibilities
Lead and coordinate strategic cross-unit projects:
- Develop project strategies and objectives.
- Ensure projects align with organizational goals.
- Manage project resources.
- Foster collaboration among teams and units.
- Monitor project progress and performance.
Promote Project Management excellence:
- Implement Project Management best practices.
- Provide guidance and direction to project teams.
- Contribute to the long-term vision for Project Management at FSC.
- Organize workshops and training sessions.
- Foster a culture of knowledge exchange.
Ensure compliance and reporting:
- Maintain project documentation and records.
- Prepare project status reports and updates.
- Ensure adherence to project governance and policies.
- Document and disseminate project management lessons learned.
- Establish clear communication channels.
- Engage with stakeholders and provide regular updates.
- Resolve conflicts and issues among project stakeholders.
- Any other task as assigned by formal supervisor and project work as assigned according to special organizational needs.
Qualification, Experience and Skills
Education and Training:
- Bachelor’s degree (mandatory): business administration, economics, engineering, or related discipline.
- Certifications (preferred): PMP/Agile Certifications are a plus.
Working Experience, Style and Skills:
- At least 3 years of experience in Project Management and strong track record of successful project delivery.
- Ability to manage complex projects in a multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to perform well while handling/overseeing simultaneously a number of projects.
- Experience in remote project management in a global context.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Experience working with Agile Methodologies and OKRs.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Experience at a top-tier consulting firm is a plus.
- Proven ability to lead cross-functional teams.
- Experience creating and facilitating workshops and leading training sessions.
Strong skills in the use of/experience with:
- Standard software packages (MS Office).
- Project management tools.
- OKR tools.
- Visual collaboration tools.
- Strong skills in the use of/experience with:
Language and Communication Skills:
- Fluency in English.
- Other languages are a plus.
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills.
- Commitment to FSC’s mission and values.
- Experience in working in a multi-cultural, multi-lingual, global team.
- Enthusiastic and open minded personality, being ready to belong to a diverse and international team.
Terms and Conditions
- Location: Bonn, Germany.
- Working Hours: Full time - 40 hours per week. (Part time of 75% or more could be considered).
- Duration of Employment: Temporary contract - 2 years (extension possible, subject to satisfactory performance).
- Starting Date: As soon as possible.
- Travel: Sporadic travel could be required.
How to Apply
- Please apply via our website by submitting your CV in English.
- Please do not send any photos of yourself.
- The deadline for applications is 08 October 2023.
We will confirm receipt of your application. However, only candidates shortlisted for an interview will be further contacted and will receive notice of the outcome of the selection process. Should you not receive a confirmation of receipt please check your spam filter and if you cannot find it there contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For FSC, inclusiveness and diversity are important values. As such, we welcome and encourage applications from all backgrounds and are entirely committed to consider all qualified applicants regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age and disability.
Please be informed, that by applying for this position you automatically accept our Data Protection Information on processing your personal data.
We are looking forward to your application!
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: