Asia and the Pacific: India
POSITION: Finance Manager
LOCATION: New Delhi
TYPE OF CONTRACT: Fixed-term contract for three years
REPORTS TO: Deputy Country Director (Technical), ACCESS Health International and Chief of Party, FHM Engage
ACCESS Health International (AHI) is a non-profit, think tank and advisory group with the mission of improving access to high-quality and affordable healthcare for all people. AHI advises national and regional governments and the private sector on the design and management of healthcare finance and delivery systems. Established in 2007, the organization is located in India and Singapore and is headquartered in the USA.
AHI’s vision is that all people, no matter where they live, and no matter what their age, have a right to access high-quality and affordable healthcare and to lead healthy and productive lives.
For more information about AHI, please visit: https://accessh.org/
The Finance Manager is responsible for the overall financial management of programmatic and operational activities, including financial monitoring and reporting, budgetary management, accounting, financial analysis and disbursement of payments while ensuring compliance of all financial operations with regulations, ethics, accountability and transparency.
Frontier Health Markets (FHM) Engage is a global cooperative agreement designed to provide technical assistance (TA) supporting local actors to improve the ability of health markets to meet supply-side capacity gaps and consumer preferences and contribute to equitable provision of and access to high-quality family planning (FP) and other health services and products in mixed health systems. FHM Engage is implemented by four core consortium partners – Chemonics International (prime and co-technical lead), Results for Development (R4D) (co-technical lead), Pathfinder International, and Zenysis Technologies.
In India, FHM Engage seeks to support commercial actors to create healthier, sustainable contraceptive markets. The project’s core objectives in India include:
- Facilitate stewardship to encourage private sector engagement for improved access to quality comprehensive FP/reproductive health (FP/RH) products and services through alliances and collaborations to support India’s FP 2030 commitments.
- Improve young people’s access to FP/RH in India by expanding the range and reach of contraceptives with an expanded basket for contraceptive choices.
- Strengthen focus on adolescents and youth to catalyze increased demand for priority sexual and reproductive health (SRH) products and services in the private sector for improved health outcomes for young people.
ACCESS Health International is the project'sNetwork Implementing Partner (NIP) for implementing many key aspects of the country program. ACCESS Health will lead two areas:
- Serve as managing entity for all FHM Engage activities in India.
- Build market actors' capacity at the national level to steward market initiatives in multiple states.
- Ensure timely payments and trackingof all accounting and other subsidiary books of accounts and records to ensure timely and accurate statutory compliance and reporting relatedto project operations
- Managing and tracking funding for grants, processing payments for disbursement
- Coordinate the internal financial reporting deadlines and requirements: ensuringdeadlines are met,consolidatingdata to ensure the client receives accurate and timely financial reporting
- Ensure integrity of accounting information and all financial transactions, review accounts for compliance and quality control of financial reporting.
- Ensure all costs incurred are fully recovered according to the project budget.
- Financial review and oversight of monthlyinvoices, verifying accuracy and completeness.
- Ensure that administrative and financial documentationaligns with the projectrequirements andis properly organized and retrievable. It ensures compliance with AHI’s policies/guidelines and agreements with donors across all financial activities.
- Monthly reconciliation of all project-relatedexpenditures and flagging/resolving issues that arise in a timely manner.
- Review & prepare timely, high-quality financial reports for donors, ensuring necessary adjustments are made, and that reports are accurately captured in AHI’s financial record systems
- Assist with internal financial control policies & procedures of AHI-restricted funds.
- Coordinatewith funding agency to ensure preparedness for donor audits andprovidethe requisite support for these audits.
- Ensure financial data management and record keeping of required documents, as per the donor (USAID) and AHI guidelines.
- Ensure appropriate closure of the projects followingrequisite procedures.
- Work closely with the AHI finance and HR team
- Adhere tothe Human Resource and Finance policies of the organisation
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Academic Specialisation:A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, commerce, business administration or related field.
- A valid professional certification (CA; CPA ; etc.) from an accredited accounting institution preferred
- Experience: At least 5 years of experiencein a similar role (financial management, grants management, auditing, budgeting, accounting, etc.)
- Communication/ Language:Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Competencies: Advanced level MS Office skills (particularly MS Excel)
DESIRABLE SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Prior experience working on donor-funded projects in India
- Knowledge of USAID requirements for financial reporting and financial tracking
- Strong decision-making andproblem-solvingabilities
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of risk analysis
Eligible candidates interested in this position are requested to share their resumes with the job title mentioned in the subject line to below email id by September 25, 2023.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: