National Online Communications Officer (NP1)
Mission | Sarajevo
The OSCE Mission to Bosnia and Herzegovina (the Mission) continues to play a vital role in strengthening the country’s ability to foster a sustainable and stable security environment, to strengthen Bosnia and Herzegovina’s governance, and to encourage its consolidation as a democratic society. The Mission supports political and education reform and works to promote and protect human rights of all citizens of BiH.
The National Online Communications Officer is responsible for designing and presenting the online public image of the OSCE Mission to BiH. This encompasses both the thematic and technological style of the Mission’s information products for online media.
Should you be selected for the position, you will plan, design and update the Mission’s public online information with on-the-spot and up to date information, including content from the Mission’s field presence and activities. Also, you will be responsible for budget and administration of Mission’s online presentations. You will work closely with Online Communications Assistant to ensure the best possible outreach for Mission’s programmes and activities. You will periodically hold trainings on new communications tools for PPI section, Information officers, Senior Staff members and external partners.
Within and on behalf of the Press and Public Information Unit, you will help to improve internal communication systems, and develop communication tools that meet business requirements.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will be tasked with the following duties:
1. Creating the content and style of the Mission’s online image. Verification of content is ensured through regular contacts with Mission departments/units;
2. Designing and implementing social media strategy to align with Mission goals;
3. Specifically working on maximising effects of Mission’s work online while carefully managing Mission’s financial resources. This will be possible through regular contacts and negotiations with different media outlets and creative community;
4. Analysing engagement data, identifying trends in public interactions and planning digital campaigns to build community online;
5. Monitoring SEO and web traffic metrics;
6. Overseeing social media accounts’ design (e.g. Facebook timeline cover, profile pictures and blog layout);
7. Staying up-to-date with current technologies and trends in social media, design tools and applications;
8. Reviewing content, proofreading, editing and writing texts prior to online publications;
9. Managing the multi-language appearance of information on the public website and acts, if necessary, to correct mistakes 24 hours a day. This is done in close co-operation with the Mission’s programmatic staff and with Mission’s interpreters;
10. Co-ordinating production of the Mission promotional materials and online campaigns;
11. Managing public information presentation including planning, preparation, design and implementation. Serving as the Mission’s focal point for all online presentation;
12. Serving as acting press officer, as needed, drafting press releases, inputs to media inquiries and maintaining contacts with press in the country;
13. Any other duties as assigned.
For more detailed information on the structure and work of the OSCE Mission to Bosnia and Herzegovina, please see: https://www.osce.org/mission-to-bosnia-and-herzegovina.
- First-level university degree in journalism, political affairs or social sciences;
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience in the field of public information including development and management of online information activities preferably acquired in an international organization/environment;
- Established experience producing creative content;
- Experience applying knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram, Google+ and other social media best practices;
- Solid experience applying SEO, keyword research and Google Analytics;
- Experience interpreting social media KPIs;
- Experience with web design and publishing;
- Professional fluency in English with excellent communication (both oral and written) skills and in the local languages;
- Computer literate with practical experience using Microsoft applications;
- Holding a valid driving license.
Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deductions is 3,379.75 BAM/month. Social benefits will include participation in the Cigna health insurance scheme and the OSCE Provident Fund.
Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale. At the discretion of the appointing authority a higher step may be approved up to a maximum of step 3 subject to specific conditions.
This position is open to citizens and permanent residents of Bosnia and Herzegovina only.
If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under https://vacancies.osce.org/
Please note that offline applications submitted via email, fax, or mail will not be considered.
Only those candidates who are selected to participate in the subsequent stages of recruitment will be contacted.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the Organization.
Candidates should be aware that OSCE officials shall conduct themselves at all times in a manner befitting the status of an international civil servant. This includes avoiding any action which may adversely reflect on the integrity, independence and impartiality of their position and function as officials of the OSCE. The OSCE is committed to applying the highest ethical standards in carrying out its mandate. For more information on the values set out in OSCE Competency Model, please see https://jobs.osce.org/resources/document/our-competency-model.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.