Trademark Officer (m-f-d)
FSC works to take care of our forests and those who rely on them: by protecting plant and animal species, Indigenous Peoples’ rights, forest workers’ safety, and much more. We achieve this through FSC certification, ensuring forests around the world are responsibly managed. For more information on FSC, visit our website at www.fsc.org.
To effectively meet the challenge of protecting the world’s forests, we are committed to ensuring we have the world’s most skilled people working with us. This commitment extends to everyone that works in FSC around the world: from those that lead the design of policies and standards, to those that roll out those same policies and standards on the ground, and to those that provide us with backbone to do our work.
We are looking for an engaged Trademark Officer who brings solid expertise and a passion for FSC’s mission, to work with us in a multinational environment.
The Trademark Officer drives the visibility of the FSC trademarks, to help consumers make informed decisions about the products they purchase. The Officer also ensures the correct use of public claims made with the FSC trademarks to maintain the credibility of the system.
Main Roles and Responsibilities
- To engage with companies to drive visibility and correct use of the FSC trademarks in line with the goals of the organisation.
- To support the development and implementation of trademark use requirements for various user groups, including FSC certificate holders and FSC promotional licence holders.
- To support the development of trademark guides, training materials and tools for various user groups, including FSC certificate holders and FSC promotional licence holders.
- To respond to trademark-related inquiries from various user groups, including FSC certificate holders and FSC promotional licence holders.
- To process misuse reports from stakeholders, to maintain the integrity of the system.
- To support communication and knowledge sharing of trademark related information, to ensure alignment and effective collaboration across country, regional and international FSC teams.
- To ensure the maintenance of various databases and files for Trademark Management.
- Additional tasks as agreed with the supervisor and project work as assigned by special organizational needs.
Qualification, Experience and Skills
Working Education and Training:
- University degree or equivalent training or experience in a relevant field, such as business administration, marketing, communications, international relations, forest product markets, law.
Working Experience, Style and Skills:
- At least 3 years of professional experience with certification schemes, trademark management, customer relations, project management or other related fields.
- Very strong English writing and speaking skills.
- Solution oriented attitude to work.
- Service oriented attitude to work.
- Ability to perform well while handling simultaneously several processes and projects.
- Project management experience and proven ability to plan and organize work.
- A strong sense for diligence and accuracy.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Fluency in English (spoken and written).
- Spanish is a plus.
Computer Skills – good skills in the use of/experience with:
- Standard software packages (MS Office).
- Database management platforms is a plus.
- Content Management Systems is a plus.
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to establish and maintain positive interpersonal relations.
- Experience in working in a multi-cultural, multi-lingual, global team.
- Commitment to FSC’s mission and values.
Terms and Conditions
- Location: Bonn, Germany (home office option 2 days/week with additional 2-weeks remote work option from abroad).
- Working Hours: Full time - 40 hours per week.
- Duration of Employment: Temporary contract - 2 years, with interest to extend.
- Starting Date: As soon as possible.
How to Apply
- Please apply via our website by submitting your CV in English.
- Please do not send any photos of yourself.
- The deadline for applications is 05 October 2023
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
We will confirm receipt of your application. However, only candidates shortlisted for an interview will be further contacted and will receive notice of the outcome of the selection process. Should you not receive a confirmation of receipt please check your spam filter and if you cannot find it there contact us at email@example.com
For FSC, inclusiveness and diversity are important values. As such, we welcome and encourage applications from all backgrounds and are entirely committed to consider all qualified applicants regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age and disability.
Please be informed, that by applying for this position you automatically accept our Data Protection Information on processing your personal data.
We are looking forward to your application!
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: