Program Officer, Ukraine National Identity Through Youth (UNITY) (NEW)
Who We Are
IREX is a global development and education organization. We strive for a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world—where individuals reach their full potential, governments serve their people, and communities thrive. With a projected annual portfolio of more than $100 million and more than 600 staff worldwide, we work with partners in more than 100 countries in four areas essential to progress: cultivating leaders, empowering youth, strengthening institutions, and increasing access to quality education and information.
IREX in Ukraine seeks a qualified Program Assistant for the USAID-funded Ukraine National Identity Through Youth (UNITY) program. UNITY (Mriemo ta diemo) program is funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and implemented by IREX in partnership with Building Ukraine Together (BUR), Center for Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR Ukraine), Making Cents International (MCI), International Republican Institute (IRI), and Zinc Network. This five-year activity launched in 2020 is designed to foster vested ownership among Ukrainian youth in their country’s democratic, European future by further mobilizing youth leadership around a values-based conception of Ukrainian identity grounded in innovation, engagement, and pluralism.
The Program Assistant, reporting to the Access to Education Lead, will collaborate closely with the program team to provide comprehensive support in logistics, document management, translation, and other program processes. The main objective of this role is to assist and ensure the efficient and effective functioning of program operations.
Frequent travel throughout Ukraine will be required, with the position based in Kyiv. The position is contingent upon funding
We are doers. Our decades of on-the-ground experience help us create greater impact, practical recommendations, and lasting partnerships.
Are you the next member of our team?
Your Background & Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in international development, public administration, management, political science, communications and/or another relevant field is preferred.
- 1 year of experience of work in NGO sector and/or international development projects in similar areas.
- Interest in working with youth and creating enabling environment and opportunities for youth.
- Fluency (written and oral) in Ukrainian, Russian and English.
- Ability to multi-task and maintain a calm, friendly demeanor under stressful situations.
- Strong communication and customer service skills.
- A strong work ethic and attention to detail.
- A positive and cooperative attitude and willingness to work as a member of a team.
- You must have unrestricted authorization to work in Ukraine.
Your Daily Tasks
- Provide programmatic, financial, administrative, and logistical support to ensure the smooth implementation of the Access to Education program.
- Assist in the planning and organization of program events, both offline and online, such as trainings, workshops, working group meetings, and conferences.
- Assist in procuring goods and services and provide administrative support for payments, contracts, and other related tasks.
- Provide written and verbal translation services between English and Ukrainian as needed.
- Travel to regions to provide support for program events and activities.
- Collaborate closely with the Access to Education Lead on program activities and initiatives.
- Arrange the delivery and dispatch of program correspondence and materials.
- Facilitate constant communication with participants of educational projects implemented by UNITY, including high-level communication with partners regarding the implementation of activities for the education component.
- Communicate with representatives of other UNITY program teams to ensure support for program activities, including communication with the Communications Department for information dissemination, and the M&E Department for data collection related to the program, among others.
- Utilize experience in educational projects to contribute valuable insights and support the development and implementation of program activities.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions during the planning of UNITY program activities.
- Provide feedback based on acquired experience in supporting program implementation processes to contribute to the development of implementation plans for other activities.
- Perform financial administration tasks under the direction of project leadership.
- Collaborate with the Financial and Administrative Team on payments, contracts, vendors, and consultants, ensuring all necessary documents are obtained and/or sent out.
- Register, organize, track, and file program documentation, including applications, reports, and project documents.
- Seek feedback from team members and use it to make informed decisions.
- Take ownership of decisions and actions.
- Promote effective teamwork within the UNITY program, while adhering to policies and established procedures, to facilitate seamless communication and collaboration among different teams involved in the program.
- Other support duties as needed.
We conduct background checks on all successful candidates.
This position is eligible for Remote work. The eligible employee is a regular, full-time staff who works from a worksite outside the Ukraine on a more permanent or ongoing basis.
This position is not eligible for Immigration Sponsorship.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/vets.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: