Human Resources Officer (Data Analytics)(P3)
IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING APPLICATION DEADLINE\: Please note that the closing date for submission of applications is indicated in local time as per the time zone of the applicant's location.
The Division of Human Resources (MTHR), within the Department of Management, plans, acquires and manages human resources to effectively implement the IAEA programmes. It thus delivers the full spectrum of human resource services, including HR organizational development and planning, talent acquisition and development, performance management, and administration of compensation and benefits. The Division serves a multicultural workforce of approximately 2300 people from diverse scientific, technical, managerial and professional disciplines.
Under the overall guidance of the Director, the Human Resources Officer (Data Analytics) provides HR analytics services and advises on innovative automated solutions aimed at improving business processes and systems to meet organizational needs and recommends effective use of technical solutions to meet the evolving needs of human resources management. The incumbent provides essential information processing, analysis and dissemination services.
The Human Resources Officer (Data Analytics) is\: (1) a business analyst to extract, collate, analyse and evaluate HR data/information from various sources to identify trends, opportunities and issues in facilitating business decisions; (2) a technical specialist in HR Management Information to explore how to leverage technology for increased productivity and efficiency; (3) a resource for the Division, taking part in various activities as required, such as quality assurance, data analysis and continuous process improvements.
Functions / Key Results Expected
Ensure that HR data is accurately and effectively retrieved and reported from various systems by improving the reporting process, reconciling the integrity of HR data; analysing and developing ad hoc queries, designing dashboards and providing necessary training to the users.
Serve as an HR data expert by leading various HR Analytics projects and their implementation; providing support in various HR analysis including compilation of statistical reports as requested.
Provide analytical support in monitoring the Divisional performance which includes setting Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), developing tools to track performance against targets and providing quarterly performance reports. Support the analysis of survey results (both quantitative and qualitative) to gauge the overall customer satisfaction, engagement and similar, and to identify areas for improvements.
In collaboration with business owners, provides support in reviewing HR business processes and proposes innovative solutions for their simplifications, efficiency and effectiveness.
Serve as an AIPS focal point to maintain HR issues list including raising change and service requests on behalf of the Division and their resolved status. Develop and deliver systems' training as well as prepare end-user manuals, as needed.
Serves as the Divisional focal point on innovation initiatives.
Competencies and Expertise
Core Competencies(Competency Framework)
|Communication||Communicates orally and in writing in a clear, concise and impartial manner. Takes time to listen to and understand the perspectives of others and proposes solutions.|
|Achieving Results||Takes initiative in defining realistic outputs and clarifying roles, responsibilities and expected results in the context of the Department/Division?s programme. Evaluates his/her results realistically, drawing conclusions from lessons learned.|
|Teamwork||Actively contributes to achieving team results. Supports team decisions.|
|Planning and Organizing||Plans and organizes his/her own work in support of achieving the team or Section?s priorities. Takes into account potential changes and proposes contingency plans.|
|Client orientation||Helps clients to analyse their needs. Seeks to understand service needs from the client?s perspective and ensure that the client?s standards are met.|
|Commitment to continuous process improvement||Plans and executes activities in the context of quality and risk management and identifies opportunities for process, system and structural improvement, as well as improving current practices. Analyses processes and procedures, and proposes improvements.|
|Technical/scientific credibility||Ensures that work is in compliance with internationally accepted professional standards and scientific methods. Provides scientifically/technically accepted information that is credible and reliable.|
|Information Technology||Business System Analysis||Proven analytical and evaluative skills, and the ability to conduct independent research and analysis, formulating options and making recommendations.|
|Human Resources||International Human Resource Management||Knowledge of international HR principles, concepts and practices; Ability to apply HR regulations and rules in a fair and consistent manner.|
|Information Technology - Oracle||Oracle ERP Expertise||In-depth knowledge of reporting tools using Oracle Technologies.|
|Information Technology - Oracle||Oracle Taleo Recruitment||In-depth knowledge and experience in the use of TALEO and provision of support to TALEO users.|
|Information Technology - Oracle||Oracle Developer Tools (SQL/PLSQL/Forms/Reports/WF)||Knowledge of Microsoft Analysis Service based Datawarehouse via Visual Studio and/or SQL Server Management Studio.|
Qualifications, Experience and Language skills
- University Degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Information Technology, or other related fields. A University degree in Human Resources, Business Administration may be accepted when accompanied by work experience in HR data analytics.
- Minimum five years of progressively responsible professional experience in IT related to human resources management, including experience at international level, and experience with HR-related data analysis and modelling tools
- Experience in the use of data analysis, visualization tools and dashboards, such as PowerBI, PowerAutomate and PowerQuery will be an asset.
- Excellent oral and written command of English. Knowledge of other official IAEA languages (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian and Spanish) is an asset.
The IAEA offers an attractive remuneration package including a tax-free annual net base salary starting at US $64121 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance), a variable post adjustment which currently amounts to US $ 30265, dependency benefits, rental subsidy, education grant, relocation and repatriation expenses; Other benefits include 6 weeks' annual leave, home leave travel, pension plan and health insurance. More information on the conditions of employment can be found at\: https\://www.iaea.org/about/employment/professional-staff/conditions
- The IAEA's paramount consideration in the recruitment of staff member is to secure employees of the highest standards of efficiency, technical competence and integrity.
- Staff Members shall be selected without any unfair treatment or arbitrary distinction based on a person's race, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, nationality, ethnic origin, disability, age, language, social origin or other similar shared characteristic or trait.
- The IAEA is committed to gender equality and to promoting a diverse workforce. Applications from qualified women and candidates from developing countries are strongly encouraged.
- Applicants should be aware that IAEA staff members are international civil servants and may not accept instructions from any other authority. The IAEA is committed to applying the highest ethical standards in carrying out its mandate. As part of the United Nations common system, the IAEA subscribes to the following core ethical standards (or values)\: Integrity, Professionalism and Respect for diversity.
- The IAEA has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and the IAEA, including sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination.
- The evaluation of applicants will be conducted on the basis of the information submitted in the application according to the selection criteria stated in the vacancy announcement. Applicants must provide complete and accurate information. Evaluation of qualified candidates may include an assessment exercise, which may be followed by a competency-based interview.
- Candidates under serious consideration for selection may be subject to reference and background checks as part of the recruitment process.
- Appointment is subject to a satisfactory medical report.
- Staff members may be assigned to any location.
- Candidates appointed to posts in the Professional and higher categories are subject to IAEA rotation policy and their maximum tour of service shall normally be seven years.
- The IAEA retains the discretion not to make any appointment to this vacancy, to make an appointment at a lower grade or with a different contract type, or to make an appointment with a modified job description or for shorter duration than indicated above.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: