Location Program Director-Gode
Who we are
SOS Children’s Villages Ethiopia is an International Non-governmental organization and a member of SOS Children’s Villages International Federation. We started our humanitarian work in Ethiopia with the opening of our first Village in Mekelle, Northern part of Ethiopia in 1974. Since then, we have expanded our programs to different regions where there are significant needs for intervention and where we believe we can work in partnership with all relevant actors to bring sustainable positive outcomes for children’s and young people.
Today, we have grown significantly to meet the persistent challenges that confront Ethiopian children who have lost parental care and those that are at risk of losing their parental care. Working in close collaboration with international donors, local government and community based organizations across seven program locations; we aspire that every child grows up with love, respect and security.
Why we need you?
We are looking for the Location Program Director who is responsible for providing overall leadership for the location. The position holder leads and supervises co-workers in the various areas of work within the program, including the specialized work with different forms of families (families of origin, SOS families, and other forms of alternative family-based care), as well as the general support work (administrative, educational and other intervention support). The incumbent is also responsible to ensure the implementation of SOS Children’s Villages Safeguarding policies and regulations, the Code of Conduct, the values-based competency frame “Living our Values” and any further international and local regulation that influences safeguarding at SOS Children’s Villages.
What we provide?
An amazing work environment that promotes personal growth through providing professional space to grow and advance your career!
While working with us as Location Program Director you will be in charge of the following,
OVERALL PROGRAM MANAGEMENT
- Lead program and operations implemented in the program location including ACC, FS, and Humanitarian projects.
- Lead and oversee the annual planning, reviewing, and reporting based on the standards of SOS Children Villages.
- Ensure quality service in the ACC and implementation of programs in the program location based on the quality standard of SOS Children’s Village and Donor requirements.
- Monitor and evaluate the progress of the project and service provided by the location and provide a regular report to the line managers.
- Support and closely work with the National Office in developing/designing a program in the program location.
- In collaboration with the National Office ensure, that child safeguarding and SHEA are mainstreamed in the program planning and implementation.
- In collaboration with the M&E unit, ensure all programs implemented are monitored, and evaluated the program implemented in the program location.
- Work closely with the safety focal person regarding the safety of co-workers, children, and young persons under the care of the program location
- Lead and manage the budget preparation, analysis, and consideration for the program location based on the financial manual.
- Ensure all projects and ACC program expenditures are on time and according to the budget planned and the financial manual.
- Work closely with the location program and national office finance unit to ensure effective financial and budget control over the implemented programs/projects in the location.
- Provide strategical oversight in the identification of like-minded organizations and stakeholders in location.
- Forges strong links with like-minded and complementary organizations and represents the organization in local NGO networks and advocacy initiatives and civil organizations.
- Engage in key network activities and movements regarding children and youth in the community
- Contribute to the development and implementation of effective advocacy strategies on the projects implemented in the program location.
- Assures effective cooperation with the local media (so that the organization’s aims and objectives are continuously promoted) and represents the organization’s interests as well as child and youth care expertise (integrated approach) to the local authorities.
- Support the development of publications, media messages, and other internal and external communication regards to the projects implemented in the location
- Support knowledge management by documenting the lesson learned from various advocacy engagements and initiatives of the program location.
HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
- Support Ensure co-workers are aware of the strategy, policies, and procedures of the SOS Children’s Villages
- Responsible for performance management of the staff in the Location Program Director reporting line
- Supports and provides coaching in the realization of the set objectives.
- Monitors objective achievement.
- Ensures support in the recruitment and selection process of co-workers in the SOS Children’s Village programme,
- Ensures organization of initial and ongoing training for key SOS Children’s Villages staff in the reporting line-up to the program locations.
- Work closely with the program location HROD in regard to co-workers’ retention and talent management.
- Responsible to take part in awareness-raising sessions capacity-building training in relation to Child Safeguarding to prevent and protect children and young people from all forms of abuse, abandonment, exploitation, violence and discrimination
- Support children and young people to make them understand the CS risks and protection mechanisms
- Responsible to report any CS suspicion, concern, allegation or incident immediately, following Child Safeguarding reporting procedures. CS reports should be made to the CS team at programme level and/or to the respective line manager
Up for the challenge...
Then check out our criteria’s:
- Education:MA/MSc Degree in Sociology, Management, Public Administration, and other relevant social science streams;
- Experience:Seven years relevant experience in the field or related field out of which three years experience in staff management and supervision;
- Proven Experience in the development, leading, and implementation of large-scale programs.
- Experience in leading teams, coaching, and mentoring especially managing a large team.
- Knowledge of the local language.
Competencies – Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Understanding the organization and commitment to its vision and mission: able to clearly communicate SOS Children’s Villages Who We Are (Vision, Mission & Values), “Living our Values” policies and strategies in all areas.
- Child rights & child development: Working knowledge in all areas of child rights, child protection, child development, family & community development and rights-based programming in a developing country.
- Integrity: able to state views openly and act in line with beliefs, maintain the organization’s values, maintain deadlines and commitments; have ethical standards, ability to gain the trust of co-workers, and desire to be of service.
- Communication: high-level written and verbal communication/presentation skills; ability to interact effectively with partners and staff at all levels; ability to represent the organization externally; exceptional ability to communicate consistently, clearly, and effectively with a range of stakeholders;
- Functional skills: project cycle management - planning, organizing, implementing, monitoring & evaluating (high level); financial management (overview); HR management (working knowledge); fund-raising (overview) and experienced networker and spokesperson in different fora (DFID, Regional and National Offices, technical programmatic communities of practice, media)
- Advocacy: Linking local-level advocacy through to national as a credible voice to national audiences (government and multilateral).
- Project Management: Experience in project management, planning, monitoring, and evaluation
Strong knowledge of Development theory, policy, and practice, with a good knowledge of technical sectors, Fundraising & communicationsAbility to track records on the program and budget management.
- Role Model: Act as a role model for the organization, living our values and inspiring and learning from others
- Collaboration: Remove barriers to participation, share decision making and build partnerships
- Empowerment: Promote inclusion and equitable sharing of power
- Strategic Thinking: Live the values and mission, setting realistic goals and translating them into actionable plans
- Kindness: Act with empathy towards everyone he/she works with.
- Continuous Learning: Make an effort to learn, understand and grow as a person, admitting your own mistakes.
- Inclusiveness: In any actions show respect and care for others.
- Initiative: speak up when things are not right, do not hesitate to act, and adapt to change when necessary.
- Results Orientation: look for solutions and focus on desired results.
How to Apply
Excited to take on a new Challenge..
Then send us your application (application letter, detailed CV containing contact detail of there references) electronically through SOS Children Villages Application portal (ICIMS)
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
SOS Children’s Villages Ethiopia holds strict child safeguarding principles and a zero-tolerance policy for conducts of sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse in the workplace and other places where the organization’s activities are rendered. Parallel to technical competence, recruitment, selection and hiring decisions will give due emphasis to assessing candidates value congruence and thorough background checks, police clearance reference check processes.
SOS Children's Villages Ethiopia provides equal employment opportunities to all co-workers & qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, ancestry, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or class.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: