Human Resources Coordinator
Who we are
SOS Children’s Villages Ethiopia is an International Non-governmental organization and a member of SOS Children’s Villages International Federation. We started our humanitarian work in Ethiopia with the opening of our first Village in Mekelle, Northern part of Ethiopia in 1974. Since then, we have expanded our programs to different regions where there are significant needs for intervention and where we believe we can work in partnership with all relevant actors to bring sustainable positive outcomes for children’s and young people.
Today, we have grown significantly to meet the persistent challenges that confront Ethiopian children who have lost parental care and those that are at risk of losing their parental care. Working in close collaboration with international donors, local government and community based organizations across seven program locations; we aspire that every child grows up with love, respect and security.
Why we need you?
We are looking for a Human Resources Coordinator who will support the development and implementation of the organization's HR strategy, coordinates talent acquisition, and ensures proper on-boarding of co-workers, learning and development, and performance management of assigned Program Locations and Projects.
What we provide?
An amazing work environment that promotes personal growth through providing professional space to grow and advance your career!
While working with us a Human Resources Coordinator you will be in charge of the following
- In collaboration with the National Office Function and Program Locations, provide support in annual HR planning.
- Support the MA through sourcing and deploying qualified and experienced workforces through implementing an effective and transparent recruitment and selection process
- Support program location to prepare HR plan and sourcing strategy for upcoming projects.
- Develop talent mapping for current and upcoming positions to ensure vacant positions are occupied by the right talent and to ensure the process is effective and efficiently performed.
- Ensure a welcoming environment is created at different stages of recruitment and selection so that candidates have a positive experience with SOS CVE.
- Ensure the on boarding plan is prepared and implemented at assigned program locations
- Keep up to date on the latest trends in talent acquisition and take the initiative in implementing new techniques for attracting talent.
- Ensure that the probation period is properly planned and evaluation is made accordingly
LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENT
- Support the MA on co-workers' learning and development planning and implementation in collaboration with NO functions and Program Locations HROP Managers.
- Compile learning and development implementation reports on a quarterly basis.
- Monitor and evaluate the training and development program annually and provide feedback for improvement.
- Support in organizing, facilitating, and ordering supplies for employee learning and development events.
- Ensure learning and development plans are implemented based on the SOS CV’s guidelines.
- Ensure that all employees working for or on behalf of SOS are provided training on the Child guarding, SOS Code of Conduct, and other relevant policies across the MA.
- Support the HROD Manager in the preparation of leadership and management development programs and assist in its implementation reporting
- Follow up on the quality of individual work plans and learning and development plan
- Ensure that mid-year reviews are conducted at assigned program locations on time
- Follow up and ensure that PAT is completed on time at assigned program locations
- Collect and compile PAT reports from the assigned program location
- Conduct analysis used to improve the quality of performance management like mid-year review completion rate, and annual PAT Completion rate.
- Ensure that the performance conference is conducted on time at assigned program locations.
- Organize capacity building or refresher training on performance management for co-workers and supervisors
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Support the HR Coordinator, HRIS & Compensation in the compilation of data for compensation and benefits survey.
- Provide inputs in the development and implementation of compensation and benefits policies and guidelines.
- Compile and avail data required for review staff of salary, preparation of staffing pattern of the MA
- Plan and implement initiatives help for creating an engaging work environment for co-workers and fostering a positive experience for co-workers.
- Perform yearly climate surveys and develop climate survey plans based on the result of the survey and develop benchmarks for employee engagement
- Ensures that SOS CV’s mission and values are integrated to HROD unit’s activities to ensure new and existing co-workers are familiar.
- Ensure the on boarding are performed accordingly provide a positive experience for new co-workers and ensure off-boarding of co-workers’ are implemented
- Monitor and evaluate Employee Engagement tools, analyse information from the tools, and identify improvement points.
- Support the HROD manager on designing deferent reward and recognition programs
- Provide inputs in the revision and development of various SOS CV’s policies and guidelines for the HROD.
- Perform other tasks such as annual leave planning, medical reimbursement, Child Safeguarding activities, and policies implementation.
- Support the Location Program in HR activities based on the assigned task and ensure the HR policies are implemented.
- Provide initiative and inputs in the latest HR practice in the industry and develop an implementation plan.
- Keep up to date on the labour Regulation and ensure the regulations are implemented.
- Report on a regular basis to the HROD Manager on all HR matters to include training and development, recruitment, employee relations, headcount and employee engagement initiatives
- Perform other tasks assigned by supervisor
- Ensure that Child safeguarding is integrated in all HR Activities such as recruitment, on boarding, performance management, team meetings, annual planning processes, field level monitoring, IWP, IDP etc.
- Review, identify gaps and strengthen recruitment processes to ensure rigorous compliance with the Child Safeguarding Policy;
- Ensure HR staff are trained/skilled in recruiting personnel through a child safeguarding lens;
- Ensure child safeguarding is incorporated into the performance management system
- Ensure that roles and responsibilities regarding child protection are clearly deﬁned in JDs and communicated
- Ensure that all employment contracts and codes of conduct are signed by co-workers and representatives of the organization also refer to the child protection policy
- Ensure the highest standards of selection, recruitment and verification procedures are applied. Applicants for any position, whether co-worker or volunteer, should disclose any previous criminal record. This is accomplished through providing a police check or any other appropriate check, and cross-checking of reference
- Ensure that all co-workers are provided with orientation regarding the child protection policy during the ﬁrst month of their employment code of conduct
- Ensure that adequate working conditions in all program locations by implementing the standards of the SOS Children’s Village Manual and the Human Resources Manual, also taking into account cultural and legal conditions.
Up for the challenge...
Then check out our criteria’s:
- Education: BA degree in Human Resources Management, Management, OD and related field of study
- Experience: 5 years of experience in human resources role preferably in the humanitarian sector
- Strong Understanding of labour proclamation and related laws.
- Demonstrated experience in performance management and training.
- Experience with HR software (HRIS), including recruitment systems,
- Proficiency in written and spoken English language
How to Apply
Excited to take on a new Challenge..
Then send us your application (application letter, detailed CV containing contact detail of there references) electronically through SOS Children Villages Application portal (ICIMS)
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
SOS Children’s Villages Ethiopia holds strict child safeguarding principles and a zero-tolerance policy for conducts of sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse in the workplace and other places where the organization’s activities are rendered. Parallel to technical competence, recruitment, selection and hiring decisions will give due emphasis to assessing candidates value congruence and thorough background checks, police clearance reference check processes.
SOS Children's Villages Ethiopia provides equal employment opportunities to all co-workers & qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, ancestry, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or class.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: