Project Associate (SMILE Monitoring and Evaluation)
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
UNDP is the leading United Nations organization fighting to end the injustice of poverty, inequality, and climate change. Working with our broad network of experts and partners in 170 countries, we help nations to build integrated, lasting solutions for people and planet. Learn more at undp.org or follow at @UNDP.
UNDP-Indonesia in collaboration with the MoH initiated an innovative solution for better SCM with System Monitoring Imunisasi dan Logistik secara Elektronik (SMILE) project. A pilot project was initiated -with the support from UNDP- in two districts, Bogor and South Tangerang in West Java and Banten Provinces, respectively. At the core of the project is a human resources development component supported by a defined supervision plan and a rigorous training regimen. The system provides an integrated solution to address widespread inequities in vaccine coverage by supporting state governments in overcoming constraints of infrastructure, monitoring and management information systems and human resources. It helps track stock of vaccines as well as storage temperature of vaccines through SIM-enabled temperature loggers attached to the cold chain equipment.
Moving forward, UNDP has now been asked by the Government of Indonesia to expand SMILE implementation to further include 700 cold chain points in 6 additional provinces. The final intent is to expand the SMILE implementation to all cold chain in Indonesia (around 10,000 health facilities) in a phase wise rollout during 2020- 2024.
1. Support the project team to ensure effective project planning and implementation focusing on achievement of the following results:
• Compiles, summarizes, and presents basic information/data on specific project and related topics or issues.
• Implement project standard operating procedures in line with the government and UNDP’s
2. Support to the effective reporting on progress of project implementation
• Assist the data management officer in backstopping issues related with field work which include advising on resolving issues around partnership with intervention team (e.g., Puskesmas, etc.)
• During field work, assist researchers in establishing communication channels and partnerships with key stakeholders at subnational and central level (e.g Digital Health Offices, vaccine manufacturer, etc.)
• Assist data management officer in backstopping issues related with field work which include advising on resolving issues around partnership with intervention team (e.g Digital HealthOffices, vaccine manufacturer, etc)
• Assist data management research in developing the research plan for the project, including assist in designing the research methods to dissemination plan.
• Support the collaboration of project team to design and conduct internal evaluation, and survey, be part of its implementation which include facilitating participatory evaluation with key stakeholders, assist in the analysis process and completion of the project.
• Assist data management officer in working with researchers and counterparts of SMILE projects, especially with Ministry of Health, and assist the Committee to translate research findings into advocacy tools e.g., position papers and policy briefs.
• Assist and support data management officer in advising the project team based on the research results for enhancing the project effectiveness as well as provide technical advice and support.
• Assist data management officer in working with UNDP country office’s communication team to develop and strategize stakeholder engagement on the issues, research and its findings, and meaningful youth participation in research.
• Assist data management officer in the establishment and facilitating dialogue between research partners and central level stakeholders, including MoH, to understand research, its findings, and potential adoption in public policies.
3. Support strategic partnerships, communication and support to the implementation of resource mobilization
• Support in updating database of the relevant public and development partners private sector, civil society and other stakeholders who are counterparts for the project;
• In coordination with UNDP’s Communication unit and other relevant counterpart communications department, support documentation of the project activities as a tool to communicate results, deepen stakeholder knowledge and buy-in to the project, and resource mobilization for the project.
• Effective contribution and support of with data collection for gender analysis and gender mainstreaming at project level.
4. Supports knowledge building and knowledge sharing focusing on achievement of the following results:
• Participation in the trainings for the operations/ projects staff.
• Contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice
• Effective contribution to learning and knowledge sharing in gender analysis and gender mainstreaming
5. The incumbent of the position should avoid any kind of discriminatory behavior including gender discrimination and ensure that
• Human rights and gender equality is prioritized as an ethical principle within all actions;
• Activities are designed and implemented in accordance with “Social and Environmental Standards of UNDP”;
• Any kind of diversities based on ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, disability, religion, class, gender is respected within all implementations including data production;
• Differentiated needs of women and men are considered;
• Inclusive approach is reflected within all actions and implementations, in that sense an enabling and accessible setup in various senses such as disability gender language barrier is created;
• Necessary arrangements to provide gender parity within all committees, meetings, trainings etc. introduced.
Under the overall guidance of the National Data Manager, Project Associate (SMILE Monitoring and Evaluation) provides project support services to ensure high quality of work, ensures accurate, timely and properly recorded/documented service delivery.
|Ability and inclination to rapidly adopt new technologies, either throughskillfully grasping their usage or through understanding their impact and empowering others to use them as needed|
|Business management||Working with Evidence and Data||Ability to inspect, cleanse, transform and model data with the goal of discovering useful information, informing conclusions and supporting decision-making|
|Communication||Ability to communicate in a clear, concise, and unambiguous manner both through written and verbal communication; to tailor messages and choose communication methods
depending on the audience. Ability to manage communications internally and externally, through media, social media and other appropriate channels
|2030 agenda- people||Gender||Gender mainstreaming|
|Finance||Budget management||Ability to support budgetary aspects of work planning process, drawing and management of team budgets|
Ability to manage events, including venue identification,
accommodation, logistics, catering, transportation, and cash
|Business Management||Customer Satisfaction/Client Management||Ability to respond timely and appropriately with a sense of urgency, provide consistent solutions, and deliver timely and quality results and/or solutions to fulfil and understand the real customers' needs. Provide inputs to the development of customer service strategy. Look for ways to add value beyond clients’ immediate requests. Ability to anticipate client’s upcoming needs and concerns.|
|Min. Education requirements||
Secondary education (Candidates graduate from High School) is minimum requirement
University degree (Bachelor’s degree) in public health, economics, computer science and statistic will be given due consideration but it is not requirement.
|Min. years of relevant workexperience||
Minimum 6 years (with Secondary education) or 3 years (with Bachelor´s degree) of relevant experience; preferably in the field of development
Experience in preparing monitoring reports on research design, progress or results would be necessary
|Desired skills in addition to the competencies covered in the Competencies section||
|Required Language(s)||Fluency in Bahasa Indonesia and English|
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: