Project Procurement and Liaison Officer
Who we are
SOS Children’s Villages Ethiopia is an International Non-governmental organization and a member of SOS Children’s Villages International Federation. We started our humanitarian work in Ethiopia with the opening of our first Village in Mekelle, Northern part of Ethiopia in 1974. Since then, we have expanded our programs to different regions where there are significant needs for intervention and where we believe we can work in partnership with all relevant actors to bring sustainable positive outcomes for children’s and young people.
Today, we have grown significantly to meet the persistent challenges that confront Ethiopian children who have lost parental care and those that are at risk of losing their parental care. Working in close collaboration with international donors, local government and community based organizations across seven program locations; we aspire that every child grows up with love, respect and security.
Why we need you ?
We are looking for a Project Procurement and Liaison Officer who will be responsible for ensuring the overall quality, efficiency and proactive administrative and logistical support services in the areas of procurement of goods and services as per SOS CVE policies and procedures and in accordance with relevant Ethiopian government policies and procedures. He/she will also be responsible for handing vehicles yearly registration and maintenance and Coordinate liaison between SOS CVP and other entities for the benefit of the organization.
What we provide?
An amazing work environment that promotes personal growth through providing professional space to grow and advance your career!
As project Procrument and Liason Officer you will be in charge of the following;
- Develops annual procurement plan for the location project and act accordingly:
- Receives and review purchase request (PR) in accordance with the plan and budget;
- Ensures purchase requests (PR’s) are adequately specific and complete
- Based on the approved PRs, prepare Request for Quotation (RFQ), facilitate RFQ/bid opening, do bid analysis and prepare Purchase Request (PO) for selected suppliers and ensure compliance to SOS CVE’s procurement policies
- Advises staff on specifications, prices, availability and other procurement matters
- Ensures detailed understanding and application of the appropriate policy and procedure is followed in solicitation and receipt of quotation and all steps of procurement process
- Ensures that incoming materials from suppliers are in good order and properly checked before receipt
- In collaboration with purchase/bid committee, conduct competitive procurement process and procure requested materials
- Prepares all purchase orders, invoices for accuracy and completeness before forwarding for review
- Analyses the local market and keep an updated database of local suppliers corresponding to SOS CVE needs and eligibility criteria (quality, price, service, and ethics), send the updated supplier list with the monthly report.
- Maintains records/files of all purchases with relevant information
- Ensures the obtaining of GRN’s (Goods Received Note) for goods delivered to store
- Liaises with different government offices, Private Organization, INGO, LNGs and other stakeholders to facilitate the organizational business whenever the needs arise at the project location.
- Provides logistic support to domestic travels, such as arranging lodging and local transportation;
- Provides logistics for program location events, such as conferences, workshops, trainings and meetings
- Follow up and ensures the provision of monthly report of vehicle usage
- Ensures vehicle status reports are submitted periodically
- Ensures maintaining of a logbook for each vehicle
- Maintains records of maintenance and services cost of every vehicle and compiles monthly vehicle expenditure report
- Organizes vehicle accident documents and reports for insurance purposes.
- Responsible for implementing SOS CVE's fleet management guideline
- Supervises the management of vehicles in the pool: (maintenance, daily movement)
- Carries out the driving requirements of the Project/program as directed by the Manager HR &Operations/ project coordinator.
- Keeps car clean and checks regularly light, indicators, brakes, tyre pressure, oil, battery and radiator. Reports any defects to HR OP, Manager
- Drives safely at all times and observes traffic rules, keeps records of trips in logbook.
- Reports immediately any car accident to police and the Manager, HR and OP/ immediate supervisor.
- If vehicle is to be repaired, follows-up the repair work and Programs general check-ups of cars.
- Ensures the annual car inspection is fulfilled on time before the Road Transport Authority’s deadline.
- Keeps properly vehicle documents.
- Performs other similar duties as assigned.
- Responsible to take part in awareness-raising sessions an capacity-building trainings in relation to Child Safeguarding to prevent and protect children and young people from all forms of abuse, abandonment, exploitation, violence and discrimination
- Support children and young people to make them understand the CS risks and protection mechanisms
- Responsible to report any CS suspicion, concern, allegation or incident immediately, following Child Safeguarding reporting procedures. CS reports should be made to the CS the am at programme level and/or to the respective line manager
Up for the challenge...
Then check out our criteria’s:
The Must haves:
- Bachelor’s degree/ Diploma in Management, business administration, accounting, procurement and supply chain or related field preferred
- For Degree holders, 2-years’ experience in Purchasing role is a must
- For Diploma holders, 4-years’ experience in Purchasing role is a must
- 3rd grade driving license with 3 years of driving experience
Competencies – Knowledge, Skills, Abilities :
- Purchasing, negotiation and planning skills (e.g. inquiry/negotiation/ e-commerce, PO issuing, commercial agreements/contracts, work planning etc.)
- Project management skills is advantageous Solid knowledge and understanding of procurement processes, policy, and systems
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel)
- Ability to analyse problems and strategize for better solutions
- Ability to negotiate, establish, and prepare contracts
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Accurate and precise attention to detail
- Ability to work well with management and staff at all levels
- Goal-oriented, organized team player
Lead and core competencies:
- Role model: Act as a role model for the organization, living our values and inspiring and learning from others
- Collaboration: Remove barriers to participation, share decision making and build partnerships
- Empowerment: Promote inclusion and equitable sharing of power
- Strategic Thinking: Live the values and mission, setting realistic goals and translating them into actionable plans
- Kindness: Act with empathy towards everyone he/she works with.
- Continuous Learning: Make an effort to learn, understand, and grow as a person, admitting your own mistakes
- Inclusiveness: In any actions show respect and care for others
- Initiative: Speak up when things are not right, do not hesitate to act, and adapt to change when necessary
- Results Orientation: Prioritize safeguarding, look for solutions and focus on desired results
How to Apply
Excited to take on a new Challenge.
Then send us your application (application letter, detailed CV containing contact detail of there references) electronically through SOS Children Villages Application portal (ICIMS)
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
SOS Children’s Villages Ethiopia holds strict child safeguarding principles and a zero-tolerance policy for conducts of sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse in the workplace and other places where the organization’s activities are rendered. Parallel to technical competence, recruitment, selection and hiring decisions will give due emphasis to assessing candidates value congruence and thorough background checks, police clearance reference check processes.
SOS Children's Villages Ethiopia provides equal employment opportunities to all co-workers & qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, ancestry, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or class.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: