Remote - Based
Title: Software Engineer
Report to: The Engineering Team Lead
myAgro is a non-profit agritech social enterprise based in West Africa. We have developed a mobile savings model that allows farmers to invest their own funds in high-quality seed, fertilizer, and agricultural training to increase their harvest and income by 50-100%. Our North Star is to support 1 million farmers in 2026 - providing them the tools they need to prosper. Our organization has received recognition and support from Skoll Foundation, Echoing Green, World Bank, and The Audacious Project from TED. Learn more from our founder and CEO here.
About the Role:
The Software Engineer is a member of the one of our global teams.These small (5-6), all-remote (#Li-Remote) teams shares core hours of 11am - 3pm GMT. You will develop features for our digital layaway platform in Python. These apps and services are used by myAgro program staff to track and perform their work in the field. You may also grow into other areas of the system like the User Interfaces in ReactJS or the infrastructure in Terraform. This role is grant-funded and ends December 31, 2024. Contract or Full Time.
- Python Engineering: Build, test, and fix Python modules
- Support: Troubleshoot, fix bugs and be responsive to our ticketing platform.
- Collaborate: Work quickly and communicate with teammates
- The ability write, debug, and fix Python code in the Django Framework
- The ability to write unit tests and explain the benefits of using a test-driven approach
- The ability to function and relate in culturally diverse situations
- A team orientation
- Health insurance (including dental, vision and health coverage)
- Approximately 4 weeks of paid time off each year
- Professional development and laptop stipends
- Co-working Space stipend
- The opportunity to make a difference for farmers everyday!
Application Process and Deadline
To apply, submit an application on our website. Include a cover letter (motivation letter) and a resume or CV. You should also complete the Plum survey. You can find a link to the Plum survey on the application form for the role. Please submit your application and documents in English. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by our team.
There is no fixed deadline as we hire on a rolling basis. If someone else is selected while you are interviewing, we will let you know and consider your application for future positions. The interview process includes the application form, the Plum assessment, short virtual interviews and typically a short written assignment or a visit to the field or one of our offices.
myAgro provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, national origin, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, and genetics. myAgro complies with all applicable federal, provincial and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: