Premises Management Officer
UNDP Pakistan works with the Government of Pakistan, civil society, national partners and the people of Pakistan to help find solutions to persistent development challenges. We work to build lasting institutional capacity, provide technical expertise to improve development outcomes, and help link the Government and people of Pakistan to innovative global solutions in areas such as improved data quality and collection, better environmental management, climate change finance and adaptation, strong and accountable governance mechanisms and capacities to respond effectively to conflict and disasters.
The UNDP Country Office in Pakistan provides a range of administrative services in support of the UNDP programme implementation and other UN Agencies including the UN Resident Coordinator Office (RCO). The following main service areas are covered: human resources, procurement, finance, ICT, security, and administration such as premises and common services management, protocol, visa facilitation, travel, and similar services.
UNDP Pakistan manages Common Premises and Common services in several locations including Serena Business Complex in Islamabad, UN Common Premises in Peshawar, and Quetta as the lead agency. The collocated clients include more than 10 UN Agencies and UNDP development projects.
Under the guidance and direct supervision of General Administrative Analyst/Head of General Admin Unit (GAU), the Common Premises/Services Analyst provides variety of services to execute complex inter-related operational and administrative activities aimed to successful provision of the common premises linked common services.
The Common Premises and Services Analyst is expected to analyze and interpret the operations rules and regulations and provides solutions to a wide spectrum of complex issues in the common premises/services management areas. The incumbent promotes a collaborative, client-focused, quality and results-oriented approach in working with UNDP CO units, Projects, and Programmes; UN Agencies and co-located organizational units as the UNDP’s main clients and the partners.
The Common Premises/Services Analyst is required to work in close cooperation with all Operations and Programme Units with special emphasis given to the UNDP ICT team regarding the common ICT services and Security Unit in provision of premises security services. The incumbent supervises common premises support personnel (4) in Islamabad and provides matrix management to common premises support staff in Peshawar (1) and Quetta (1).
Under the overall guidance from the Operations Manager, the Common Premises/Services Analyst directly reports to Head of GAU/General Admin Analyst. The incumbent is expected to work closely with all UNDP Operations and Programme Units, UNOMT, UN Agencies and external parties who are involved in common premises and services.
The Common Premises/Services Analyst supervises common services support staff.
The Common Premises/Services Analyst will be responsible for day-to-day smooth management of Common Premises and relevant services. The incumbent will be directly responsible for successful completion of the below set of tasks within allotted, agreed-upon time frame under the overall guidance of the General Administrative Analyst/GAU Head of UNDP Pakistan CO:
Ensures smooth management of the Common Premises and Common services in line with the UNDP Programme Operations Policy and Procedures:
- Ensures timely preparation of Common Premises/Services AWP (inclusive of procurement, HR plans for the year), annual budgets and cost recovery systems for agreed common services between the collocated UN Agencies and organizational units.
- Ensures smooth implementation of the AWP approved by the UN Common Premises Management Committee and other respective approving authorities.
- Ensures transparency and reporting on revenues, budgets, cost recovery, cost sharing, performance against service level standards, and other measures as may be agreed.
- Serves as Secretary to the Common Premises Operations team and Management Committee meetings by providing full support to organise the required meetings on regular basis and ensuring inclusiveness of all co-located UN Agencies and other offices in critical matters relating to management of Common services and premises
Efficient and cost-effective administration of common services
- Manages the common services/building management support personnel with the highest integrity while ensuring the client-oriented services provision. Timely preparation of unit work plans, annual performance plans and reviews for both UN staff and contracted personnel.
- Develop Common services business process mapping and establishment of internal Standard Operating Procedures to document all critical workflows.
- Serves as the primary focal point to communicate with the facilities management contractors on provision of respective services while ensuring cost effective, safe, environmentally sustainable, and efficient premises and infrastructure services.
- Provides technical analysis and makes recommendations to the GAU Head to ensure efficient premises maintenance and repair priorities are executed in a timely manner for CO and Common Premises.
- Monitor and prepare regular management reports of expenditures of common services
- Performs roles and responsibilities as assigned as per the CO ICF and use of UNALL, Quantum or any other corporate tools as necessary. Timely monitoring and execution of corrective actions as needed for all common premises/services transactions.
- Supports the CO asset and inventory management and periodic certifications as the common asset focal point.
- Ensures efficient contract management is in place for all LTA holders for the premises/services related services contracts as per the approved AWP.
- Ensures the CO warehouse management is aligned with the policy and procedure.
Support to UN Efficiency Agenda: BOS, Common Premises, Common Back Office, and overall Business efficiency
- Provides support to the GAU Head on annual review and update of UN BOS Pakistan on all common admin and common premises relevant data/information for further harmonization of operations across UN Agencies.
- Contributes to up-to-date Business Continuity Plan (including annual BCP testing working closely and in coordination with BCP focal points at the CO or UN OMT when needed.
- Supervises and coordinates the facility management contracts with external service providers, ensuring quality management against key performance indicators and service level agreements, contract cost control, technical performance, health and safety management, risk management, disaster preparedness and contingency planning while ensuring best industry standards in terms of premises operations.
- Foster a culture of innovation and continuing critical review of cost vs performance parameters.
- Provides analysis and recommendations on life cycle costs and compliance with UN and local standards and norms relating to the operation and maintenance of upcoming UNH and existing SBC and Common Premises buildings to ensure energy conservation and environmental sustainability.
- Serves as the EMT focal point for common premises management areas.
Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Organization and facilitation of trainings for the business efficiency, greening, environmental management, use of various innovative tools and contribution to sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- The incumbent performs other duties within their functional profile as needed necessary for the efficient functioning of the office.
The incumbent of the position will uphold the non-discriminatory behaviour and ensure that:
- Human rights and gender equality is prioritized as an ethical principle within all actions.
- Activities are designed and implemented in accordance with “Social and Environmental Standards of UNDP”.
- Any kind of diversities based on ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, disability, religion, class, gender is respected within all implementations including data production.
- Differentiated needs of women and men are considered.
- Inclusive approach is reflected within all actions and implementations, in that sense an enabling and accessible setup in various senses such as disability gender language barrier is created.
- Necessary arrangements to provide gender parity within all committees, meetings, trainings, etc.
- Achieve Results : LEVEL 2: Scale up solutions and simplifies processes, balances speed and accuracy in doing work
- Think Innovatively : LEVEL 2: Offer new ideas/open to new approaches, demonstrate systemic/integrated thinking
- Learn Continuously : LEVEL 2: Go outside comfort zone, learn from others and support their learning
- Adapt with Agility : LEVEL 2: Adapt processes/approaches to new situations, involve others in change process
- Act with Determination : LEVEL 2: Able to persevere and deal with multiple sources of pressure simultaneously
- Engage and Partner : LEVEL 2: Is facilitator/integrator, bring people together, build/maintain coalitions/partnerships
- Enable Diversity and Inclusion : LEVEL 2: Facilitate conversations to bridge differences, considers in decision making
Cross-functional &Technical competencies
- Knowledge Generation : Ability to research and turn information into useful knowledge, relevant for context, or responsive to a stated need
- Integration within the UN : Ability to identify, and integrate capacity and assets of the UN system, and engage in joint work; knowledge of the UN System and ability to apply this knowledge to strategic and/or practical situations
- Communication : Ability to communicate in a clear, concise, and unambiguous manner both through written and verbal communication; to tailor messages and choose communication methods depending on the audience. Ability to manage communications internally and externally, through media, social media, and other appropriate channels
Administration & Operations (Technical Competencies)
- Assets management : Knowledge of policy & procedures on PP&E; ability to prepare financial statements on PP&E; maintain 16 UNDP | People for 2030 –Competency Framework –Technical Competencies Asset Management Module in ATLAS, Asset Dashboard; develop supporting tools for assets certification and further enhancements form module; design and run training programs, etc. on assets management and assets recording; run AP-AM interface; perform AP-AM-GL reconciliation; perform analytical review of AM reports and asset information to ensure completeness and accuracy of asset information
- Building, facilities & office space management : Knowledge and ability to facilitate the renovation and upgrade of offices including review of complex engineering/architectural drawings; negotiate technical agreements to ensure fully operational building infrastructure and services; design policy & procedure (POPP) for premises and facilities including space standards; manage premises and facilities; validate financial statement notes on leasehold data
- System Thinking : Ability to use objective problem analysis and judgement to understand how interrelated elements coexist within an overall process or system, and to consider how altering one element can impact on other parts of the system
- Resource Management : Ability to allocate and use resources in a strategic or tactical Za\ in line with principles of accountability and integrity
- Advanced university degree (master's degree or equivalent) in Business Administration, Public Administration, Finance, Economics or related field is required, or A first-level university degree (bachelor’s degree) in combination with an additional two years of qualifying experience will be given due consideration in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Up to 2 years (with master’s degree) or 2 years (with bachelor’s degree) of relevant experience at the National or International level.
- Proven experience of managing and administering common premises and services
- Demonstrated experience of working in complex environment with multiple stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multicultural, multi ethnic environment and to maintain effective working relations with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems and ERP financials
- Knowledge of United Nations Business Operations Strategy (BOS)
- UN Common Premises management concept is desirable
- Strong financial and administrative background handling similar size and complexity of a project to the one of UNDP managed common premises
Language requirement :
- Excellent written and verbal English and Urdu are required.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: