Consultant - Social Media Strategy and Planning (Open to Indian Nationals Only)
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
As the UN agency with the mandate to work on gender equality, UN Women is responsible for leading and coordinating United Nations system efforts to ensure that commitments on gender equality and gender mainstreaming translate into action worldwide and at the country level. UN Women is also expected to provide strong and coherent leadership supporting countries’ priorities and efforts, building effective partnerships with civil society, the nodal government agency, the private sector, and other relevant actors.
UN Women’s Communications & Advocacy Section is responsible for proactively advancing the strategic positioning of UN Women and its mandate in this context through effective outreach through its strategic communications capacity and function. The UN Women’s communications and advocacy demand and output have grown exponentially with increasing responsibility, an ever-increasing audience of hundreds of millions, and digital/social media outreach and expansion.
In this context, UN Women India Country Office (ICO) seeks the services of a highly skilled and creative Social Media Strategy & Planning Specialist. The Social Media Strategy & Planning Specialist will develop and execute comprehensive social media strategies that align with our organisation’s goals and objectives. The role of the incumbent will be crucial in driving UN Women's social media presence, engaging with a range of diverse target audiences, increasing UN Women's outreach, presence and awareness and engagement with relevant stakeholders with a specific focus on social/digital media.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the UN Women Communication and Partnerships Manager and regular interaction with programme/operation colleagues of UN Women ICO, the incumbent will be responsible for the following:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement social media strategies: Build result-oriented, innovative strategies for UN Women India country office that align with the brand identity, target audience, and mandate. Enhance the performance of our key social media platforms and channels to expand and maintain a strong online presence.
- Content planning and creation: Collaborate with the content team to develop compelling and relevant content for various social media platforms. Create content calendars and schedules for consistent and prompt posting. Ensure content is tailored to each platform and adheres to UN Women branding guidelines.
- Audience engagement and community management: Create strategies and guidelines for audience engagement on social media. Strategies to foster positive relationships with UN Women followers and influencers.
- Social media advertising: Develop and execute targeted campaigns to reach our desired audience and achieve specific aims, such as increasing brand awareness, driving website traffic, or generating leads. Please note UN Women does not have the modality to engage in paid advertising or boosting. The candidate is expected to structure the targeting and basic hygiene of digital marketing in a way that helps UN Women expand its targeted outreach. Monthly monitoring of Social Media and website metrics, optimisation based on performance is required.
- Social media analytics and reporting: Use appropriate analytics tools to track, measure, and analyse social media performance. Provide regular reports and insights on key metrics, trends, and campaign performance to management and relevant stakeholders.
- Overall digital revamp: Identify emerging platforms, trends and best practices. Research and propose new strategies and initiatives to enhance our digital presence and effectiveness.
- Build the capacity of programme teams on content generation for social media.
Deliverable 1: (20% Payment)
- Develop a comprehensive social media and digital strategy for UN Women India Country Office for 2023-2024 across platforms.
- Develop a comprehensive pre, launch and post-launch social media engagement plan and actualise it for the 'Profiling Women's Leadership project.
- Ongoing content creation to promote programs, including online profiling of donor-funded programme/s on Women's Economic Empowerment (WEE).
Deliverable 2: (20% Payment)
- Create content for 4 key UN days that are most relevant to UN Women
- Create a digital strategy and online content for 16 Days of Activism
- Continue generating content to promote programs and profile donor-funded programme/s on Ending Violence Against Women (EVAW).
Deliverable 3: (20% Payment)
- Strategize social media content and seek pro-bono partnerships to achieve a ten-fold increase in UN Women's social media followers.
- Create a digital strategy and online content for International Women's Day 2024
- Continue generating content to promote programs and profile donor-funded programme/s on Gender Responsive Budgeting (GRB).
Deliverable 4: (20% Payment)
- Develop a social media hygiene plan to revamp all platforms for expanded outreach. Implement targeted posting plans and website keyword optimisation across digital platforms.
- Create a digital strategy and online content CSW'68
- Continue generating content to promote programs and profile donor-funded programme/s on IGP.
Deliverable 5: (20% Payment)
- Monitor progress, analyse and report performance on all social media channels and websites. Conduct a SWOT analysis report to guide strategies for 2023-2025.
Core Values / Guiding Principles:
- Demonstrate consistency in upholding and promoting the values of UN Women in actions and decisions in line with the UN Code of Conduct.
- Demonstrate professional competence and expert knowledge of the pertinent substantive work areas.
Cultural sensitivity and valuing diversity:
- Demonstrate an appreciation of the multicultural nature of the organisation and the diversity of its staff. Demonstrate an international outlook, appreciating differences in values and learning from cultural diversity.
Ethics and Values:
- Demonstrate and safeguard ethics and integrity.
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment.
Work in teams:
- Demonstrate ability to work in a multicultural, multi-ethnic environment and to maintain effective working relations with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
Communicating and Information Sharing:
- Facilitate and encourage open communication and strive for effective communication.
Self-management and Emotional Intelligence:
- Stay composed and positive even in difficult moments, handle tense situations with diplomacy and tact, and have consistent behaviour towards others.
- Surface conflicts and address them proactively, acknowledging different feelings and views and directing energy towards a mutually acceptable solution.
Continuous Learning and Knowledge Sharing:
- Encourage learning and sharing of knowledge.
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Demonstrates good oral and written communication skills;
- Focuses on impact and result for the partners and responds positively to feedback.
- Sound understanding of development issues and gender;
- Adheres to deadlines and follows up on time-bound issues;
- Maintains diplomacy, tact and strict confidentiality with internal and external partners and clients.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, or a related field (or equivalent experience).
- Proven experience of at least 5 years in developing and implementing successful social media strategies/campaigns for brands or organisations.
- In-depth knowledge of major social media platforms, their features, and best practices.
- Strong understanding of target audience segmentation, online consumer behaviour, and digital marketing trends.
- Proficiency in social media management tools and analytics platforms.
- Creative thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong organisational and multitasking skills with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Experience in social media advertising and campaign management is a plus.
- Familiarity with graphic design tools and basic knowledge of Photoshop or Canva is a plus.
- Experience in working with UN organisations, Bilateral/Multilateral organisations, or NGOs is desirable.
- Excellent written, reading and verbal communication skills in English are necessary for preparing reports, presenting findings, and conveying technical information to diverse audiences
Interested applicants should apply to this announcement through UNDP jobs site: jobs.undp.org
Interested individual consultants must submit the following documents/information to demonstrate their qualifications in one single PDF document:
- All applications must include (as an attachment) the completed UN Women Personal History form (P-11) which can be downloaded from http://www.unwomen.org/about-us/employment;
- Kindly note that the system will only allow one attachment, please combine all your documents into one (1) single PDF document. Applications without the completed UN Women P-11 form will be treated as incomplete and will not be considered for further assessment;
- Applications received after the close date will not be accepted;
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Evaluation and Selection Criteria
Criteria for shortlisting of CVs will be based on the following assessment:
- Required Degree and Qualification (5 points);
- Minimum Experience relevant to the assignment (10 points);
- Working knowledge and experience of writing on Gender Issues (5 points).
The evaluation process for selection of the candidate will be based on the following assessment:
- Written Test (20 points)
- Writing Sample Review (20 points)
- Interview (60 points)
- For an assignment requiring travel, consultants of 65 years or more require full medical examination and statement of fitness to work prior to engagement in the consultancy.
- Due to large number of potential applicants only competitively selected candidates will be contacted for remaining steps of the selection process.
- The consultant is expected to use their own computer equipment. The office will not provide any computer equipment for this assignment.
- This is a full-time assignment. The consultant is expected to disclose any outside activity and shall not be permitted to take up any outside work during the course of this assignment.
In July 2010, the United Nations General Assembly created UN Women, the United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women. The creation of UN Women came about as part of the UN reform agenda, bringing together resources and mandates for greater impact. It merges and builds on the important work of four previously distinct parts of the UN system (DAW, OSAGI, INSTRAW and UNIFEM), which focused exclusively on gender equality and women’s empowerment.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: