The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is the knowledge frontier organization for sustainable development in the UN Development System and serves as the integrator for collective action to realize the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). UNDP is the leading United Nations organization fighting to end the injustice of poverty, inequality, and climate change. Working with our broad network of experts and partners in 170 countries, we help nations to build integrated, lasting solutions for people and planet. The Fiji multi-country office covers ten countries including Federated States of Micronesia, Fiji, Kiribati, Republic of the Marshall Islands, Nauru, Palau, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, and Vanuatu as well as provides support to regional initiatives.
UNDP in the Pacific has developed its multi-country programme document (MCPD, 2023-2027) to guide its interventions in the next five years in full alignment and directly to contribute to the United Nations Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework (UNSDCF, 2023–27). The Office covers 10 countries in the Pacific with an extensive portfolio which has grown over time. The UNSDCF and UNDP MCPD are designed in full alignment with the 2030 agenda, Samoa Pathway, and 2050 Blue Content Strategy, which is endorsed by the Pacific Island Countries (PICs) among others. The UNDP Pacific Office next five-year plan strategic priorities are encapsulated under three outcome areas: (i) Planet, (ii) Prosperity, and (iii) Peace. Following a strategic review process which was completed in June 2022, UNDP Pacific office structure is aligned to the emerging priorities of the office. In this regard, the programme portfolio will include mutually reinforcing work streams crafted around two clusters (i) Resilience and Climate Change; and ii) Inclusive growth and Effective governance, supported by a policy and innovation team, Operations team, Management and Oversight team that provides strategic guidance on results Management and compliance entrusted with the corporate alignment, programme finance management and quality assurance, and strategic communications team that provides knowledge management and communication support to all programme interventions.
Within the Pacific Office Multi-Country Office (MCO), the Operation Team provides programme with backbone support and services related to finance, procurement, human resources, digital services, travel, and logistics, as well as common services and CO transactions support. The team further provides demand driven Common services to the UN agencies (per agreed procedures). In addition, the team will provide administrative support to UNDP Staff including project personnel on areas such as protocol, visa facilitation, travel, and others.
Under the overall guidance of the Administrative Analyst and direct supervision of the ICT Associate, the ICT Assistant provides daily technical support to users of information management tools and technology infrastructure in the Pacific office. The ICT Assistant promotes a client-oriented approach and works in close collaboration with Operations, Programme and project team.
- Implementation of ICT management systems and strategies
- Effective functioning of the CO hardware and software packages
- Support to networks administration
- Provision of administrative support.
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Supports to the implementation of ICT management systems and strategies, focusing on achievement of the following results:-
- Compliance with corporate information management and technology standards, guidelines and procedures for the CO technology environment.
- Support to the use of ERP functionality for improved business results and improved client services.
- Provision of inputs to the CO administrative business processes mapping and implementation of the internal standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Provision of inputs to preparation of results-oriented workplans.
2. Ensures effective functioning of the CO hardware and software packages, focusing on the achievement of the following results:
- Performance of specific technical functions, including changing of hardware electronic components (disks, memories, network wiring, power sources, etc.) and routine repairs.
- Assistance in the installation of commercial and in-house developed software and related upgrades.
- Assistance in upgrading patch and anti-virus programs on a timely basis.
- Monitoring of file server traffic, usage and performance on a frequent and regular basis.
- Support to users in backing up and restoring their files by assisting migration of data to the UNDP cloud, as well as in virus detection, removal and prevention.
3. Supports networks administration, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Assistance in troubleshooting and monitoring of network problems.
- Response to user needs and questions regarding network access.
- Assistance in maintenance of all online shared folders, teams’ space in the UNDP cloud.
- Assistance in backup and restoration procedures for local drives, and to migrate them to online (sharepoint/cloud) environment. Maintenance of backup logs.
- Assistance to organization of off-site storage of backups.
4. Provides administrative support, focusing on achievement of the following results
- Maintenance of an up-to-date inventory of software and hardware.
- Maintenance of a library of ICT related reference materials.
- Maintenance of the inventory and stock of supplies and spare parts in cooperation with the Procurement Unit.
- Maintenance of the filing system ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials.
- Extraction of data from various sources.
- Research and retrieval of data from internal and external sources; preparation of statistical charts, tables and reports as required.
- Provision of ICT support to key events
5. Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Participation and assistance in the organization of training for the CO staff on ICT issues.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Perform other duties within the functional profile as assigned and deemed necessary for the efficient functioning of the office.
Achieve Results: LEVEL 1: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline
Think Innovatively: LEVEL 1: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements
Learn Continuously: LEVEL 1: Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback
Adapt with Agility: LEVEL 1: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible
|Act with Determination: LEVEL 1: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident|
Engage and Partner: LEVEL 1: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships
Enable Diversity and Inclusion: LEVEL 1: Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination
Cross-Functional & Technical competencies
- Completion of Secondary education is required with specialized formal training on IT systems, business software (Microsoft Office) and web-based applications.
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) required. If certification is not available at the time of recruitment, it should be obtained within 6 months.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and Information Technology will be given due consideration, but not required
- Minimum five (5) years (with Secondary education) or two (2) years (with Bachelor’s degree) of relevant working experience, including network administration, support to management of hardware and software platforms, telecommunications facilities, knowledge of Windows-based packages/applications.
- Fluency in English is a requirement, local language is an added advantage.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: