Danish-speaking Communications Intern
UNDP supports UN member states eradicate poverty, reduce inequalities and exclusion, and build resilience to crisis so countries can sustain progress. UNDP plays a critical role in helping countries achieve the Sustainable Development Goals. Read more about our work here: www.undp.org and www.dk.undp.org. UNDP's Nordic Office is located in the UN City in Copenhagen with satellite offices in Sweden, Norway and Finland. Together we work to raise awareness of, and advocate for, UNDP's mandate, work and results and to strengthen our partnership with the Nordic countries to advance sustainable development. Our small office in Copenhagen offers a professional yet informal work environment that allows for plenty of challenges and learning – as well as opportunity to networking with the other UN organizations, which are located in the UN City.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the overall guidance and supervision of NRO Team Lead for Denmark, the Communications Intern will support the daily work on external communications activities in Denmark and contribute to a number of communications tasks and assignments including:
- Raise awareness, understanding and interest in UNDP’s mandate, work and results around the world, and in the context of the SDGs and the Paris Agreement.
- Support and prepare posts for all UNDP Denmark’s social media platforms (X, LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram)
- Support content update of UNDP’s Danish website www.dk.undp.org.
- Prepare regular news scan.
- Translate and adapt news articles, press releases, and other stories as needed.
- Assist in preparing and coordinating missions, report launches and other events and activities led by UNDP/NRO Denmark.
- Prepare input to presentations and briefing materials for missions and visits.
- Perform other ad hoc tasks as required.
The candidate should possess the following competencies:
- Good written communication skills in both English and Danish.
- A strong interest in international development issues and current global development agendas
- Practical experience with social media.
- Knowledge of publishing-, design- and web- and photo-editing tools is an advantage.
- A demonstrated team player with ability to collaborate effectively and sensitively with colleagues from diverse cultural and national backgrounds
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Knowledge of the UN/UNDP, the UN’s mission, and UNDP's mandate are an advantage.
Required Skills and Experience
- Fluency in spoken and written Danish and English is required.
- Applicants to the UNDP internship program must meet one of the following requirements:
- Enrolled in a postgraduate degree program (e.g., master's program or higher).
- Enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree program (e.g., bachelor's degree or equivalent).
- Recently graduated with a university degree and must start the internship within one year of graduation.
- Enrolled in a postgraduate professional traineeship program and undertaking the internship as part of this program.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: