UN Women: Human Resources Associate (Open to Moldova Nationals Only)
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
The work of UN Women in Moldova is guided by its new Country Strategic Note 2023-2027, aligned with the UN Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework for Moldova (2023-2027), UN Women Global Strategic Plan, National Programs and Strategies and aims to contribute to the gender-responsive implementation of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. The Strategic Note focuses on four main areas: 1) Ending Violence against Women; 2) Women’s Leadership and Governance; 3) Women’s Economic empowerment and 4) Humanitarian and Peace development nexus and UN Coordination on Gender equality.
Under the technical guidance of the Regional HR Business Partner in HQ and the daily supervision of the Operations Manager, the Human Resource (HR) Associate is responsible for administratively and logistically supporting the recruitment and placement, administration of benefits and entitlements of staff and local external contractors, other HR administration issues and separation of personnel.
Duties and Responsibilities
Administer and implement HR strategies and policies in CO in full compliance with UN Women rules, regulations, and HR policies and guidelines
- Provide general, standard information to the management and staff on HR strategies, rules and regulations;
- Identify ways in which the administrative needs can be met within existing policies; interpret processes and procedures, anticipate and manage operational requirements;
- Prepare written response to queries concerning HR related matters.
Provide HR administrative and logistical services to CO and region in full compliance with UN Women rules, regulations, and HR policies and guidelines
- Process, draft, edit, proofread and finalize for approval a variety of correspondence and other communications; maintain files/records, monitor deadlines;
- Provide administrative coordination in the extension of contracts, processing of national benefits and allowances, and entitlements, and renewal of UNLPs and visas;
- Input and track all transactions related to positions, recruitment, benefits, earnings/deductions, retroactivities, recoveries, adjustments and separations through Atlas;
- Facilitate responses to audit findings and recommendations;
- Assume overall responsibility for leave management; record management;
- Process payment, and administer entitlements for international staff as delegated; validate and coordinate local payroll and related issues;
- Facilitate staff separation process;
- Create/update entries of vendors, PO and Receipts in Quantum system.
Facilitate and coordinate recruitment processes in full compliance with UN Women rules, regulations, and HR policies and guidelines
- Draft job descriptions and vacancy announcements; assist in reviewing and processing requests for classification;
- Screen candidates and facilitate and participate in interview panels as necessary;
- Prepare recruitment recommendations/supporting documentation for the Central Review Board (CRB);
- Prepare position establishment, liaise with headquarters and assure that action is completed;
- Provide regular recruitment status reports;
- Provide advice to local recruitment in programmes/projects when necessary.
Provide administrative support to staff performance management and learning and development in full compliance with UN Women rules, regulations, and HR policies and guidelines
- Monitor compliance with the performance appraisal review in the office and region and staff learning and development;
- Facilitate the preparation of Office learning plan and individual learning plans in consultation with the HR Business Partner
Maintain data in relation to HR in full compliance with UN Women rules, regulations, and HR policies and guidelines
- Maintain and update internal database and files on administrative HR matters in a confidential and secure manner;
- Generate a variety of standard and non-standard statistical and other reports from various databases;
- Update position data in Quantum, association of positions to chart fields (CoAs), update of CoA information and setting up vendors.
Facilitate knowledge building and knowledge sharing globally
- Organize training courses, workshops, information sessions, orientations and consultations for staff;
- Provide a synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices in HR administration;
- Liaise with HR headquarters in HR administration and staffing to disseminate information on a variety of HR matters.
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
- Strong knowledge of HR administration, processes and policies;
- Ability to administer and execute administrative processes and transactions;
- Ability to handle information of a confidential nature;
- Ability to provide inputs to business processes re-engineering, implementation of new systems;
- Good quantitative skills; ability to produce reports;
- Strong IT skills.
Required Skills and Experience
Education and certification:
- Completion of secondary education is required;
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, Business or Public Administration is an asset.
- At least 7 years of relevant experience in office administration and/or human resource management;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and experience in handling of web based management system;
- Substantive knowledge of and experience on gender equality and women's empowerment will be considered an advantage;
- Experience in the UN system and agencies, international and development assistance organizations is an asset..
- Fluency in English and Romanian is required;
- Working knowledge of one or more additional languages relevant for Moldova, including Bulgarian, Gagauzian, Romani, Ukrainian or sign language would be an asset.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: