UNDP is the leading United Nations organization fighting to end the injustice of poverty, inequality, and climate change. Working with our broad network of experts and partners in 170 countries, we help nations to build integrated, lasting solutions for people and planet.
Under the broader framework of the SDGs and in line with the UN Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework (UNSDCF), UNDP Tajikistan continues to deliver on its key strategic priorities within its Country Programme for the period 2023-2026, namely: (i) Sustainable, inclusive and green economic growth, (ii) Integrated management of climate and environmental risks, and (iii) people-centered governance and advancing rule of law.
In achieving the above, UNDP supports the acceleration of Tajikistan’s industrialization, economic productivity and competitiveness, trade, innovative entrepreneurship while ensuring that growth is risk-informed and inclusive.
UNDP continues to invest in Tajikistan’s growth in a sustainable manner and to strengthen resilience to climate change through advancing climate change adaptation (CCA), mitigation and disaster risk reduction (DRR).
UNDP invests in improving access to rights and services through strengthening effective, inclusive and accountable governing institutions, promoting a transparent, gender-sensitive and digitalized public administration with innovative solutions. UNDP focuses on the advancement rule of law and access to justice and facilitates people’s meaningful participation – in particular, women and youth - in decision-making to promote equality and social cohesion at local level.
Under the guidance and supervision of Operations Specialist, the Administrative Associate provides proactive client-oriented execution of the full range of CO operational and administrative support ensuring their efficiency, accuracy, transparency and integrity. The key results have an impact on the overall efficiency of the CO including improved business results and client services.
- Ensures full compliance of administrative activities within UN/UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
- Provision of inputs, consolidation and tracking of changes to the CO administrative business processes mapping and implementation of the internal standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Development and maintenance of effective tracking files/tools and monitoring of services and support cost recovery efforts provided by Country office to projects and other UN agencies.
- Provide technical inputs to the annual workplan for the Operations team and support and monitor the implementation of operational and administrative activities.
- Escalate issues to the Operations Specialist, as needed.
- Coordination and assurance of assets management and tracking in the CO, timely preparation and submission of standardized regular inventory and physical verification reports.
- Coordination of procurement for and provision of office supplies, proper functioning of the office equipment, space management, premises renovation,
- Coordination and oversight of assets disposal.
- Support to annual physical inventory verification exercises to ensure accuracy of records and location of property.
- Implementation of control mechanisms for administrative services, maintenance of administrative control records such as commitments and expenditures.
- Review, research, verification and reconciliation of a variety of data and reports, from internal and external sources ensuring accuracy and conformance with administrative rules and regulations; creation of vendor set-up information in ERP systems.
- Review of data integrity in the database, control programme; analysis of results and initiation of corrective actions, when necessary.
- Proper inventory control; supervision of proper issuance of inventory items and supplies.
- Review of travel authorizations, documentation, payments
- Assistance in the preparation of budget, audit and other reports.
- Provision of researched information, reports for audit exercises.
- Coordination with local authorities on premises, customs and other administrative matters.
- Performing Buyer role in ERP systems, processing of purchase orders to support travel and administrative expenditures.
- Coordination of DSA, travel agencies and other administrative related surveys, surveys for organization of common services.
- Provides guidance and facilitates protocol matters, registration of staff, coordination with local authority on space and other administrative matters, as needed.
Ensures proper efficient Common Services support:
- Ensures maintenance and implementation of common services integrated activities.
- Proper planning and tracking of common services budget.
- Preparation and coordination of the common services annual workplan.
- Management of common services activities, control of the services provision for efficiency and effectiveness; proposals to the management on improvement and development.
- Supervision and oversight of cleaning and gardening services and common premises activities.
- Supervision and oversight of security services of protection users accommodated in UNDP premises, control admission of authorized visitors and movements of UN property into and out of the premises.
- Maintenance of the office compound, garden, parking and paths in working condition.
- Assist the UNDP Agency Country Security focal point to ensure the CO is MOSS compliant.
Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing:
- Organization, planning of training for the operations/projects staff on administration.
- Regular briefing to personnel on general administrative matters; policy and guideline changes, provision of advice and administrative support.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Perform other duties within your functional profile as assigned and deemed necessary for the efficient functioning of the office.
- Achieve Results: LEVEL 2: Scale up solutions and simplifies processes, balances speed and accuracy in doing work
- Think Innovatively: LEVEL 2: Offer new ideas/open to new approaches, demonstrate systemic/integrated thinking
- Learn Continuously: LEVEL 2: Go outside comfort zone, learn from others and support their learning
- Adapt with Agility: LEVEL 2: Adapt processes/approaches to new situations, involve others in change process
- Act with Determination: LEVEL 2: Able to persevere and deal with multiple sources of pressure simultaneously
- Engage and Partner: LEVEL 2: Is facilitator/integrator, bring people together, build/maintain coalitions/partnerships
- Enable Diversity and Inclusion: LEVEL 2: Facilitate conversations to bridge differences, considers in decision making
People Management Competencies:
UNDP People Management Competencies can be found in the dedicated site.
Cross-Functional & Technical Competencies:
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise and unambiguous manner both through written and verbal communication; to tailor messages and choose communication methods depending on the audience.
Digital Awareness and Literacy:
- Ability and inclination to rapidly adopt new technologies, either through skillfully grasping their usage or through understanding their impact and empowering others to use them as needed
- Ability to research and turn information into useful knowledge, relevant for context, or responsive to a stated need
- Ability to manage programmes and projects with a focus at improved performance and demonstrable results
- Knowledge of accounting concepts, principles, frameworks, standards, regulations, policies and trends, and ability to apply this to strategic and/or practical situations
- Ability to support budgetary aspects of work planning process, drawing and management of team budgets
- Secondary education is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in business / public administration, or other relevant fields will be given due consideration, but it is not a requirement.
- Minimum of 7 years (with Secondary education) or 4 years (with Bachelor’s degree) of progressively responsible administrative or programme/project support experience is required at the national or international level.
- Knowledge of the Administration management practice in an organization of the United Nations system or similar international organization is desirable.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.).
- Knowledge of handling of web-based management systems is a distinct advantage.
- Fluency in English and Russian language is required.
- Knowledge of local Tajik language is an advantage.
Please note, that continuance of appointment beyond the initial 12 months is contingent upon the successful completion of a probationary period.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: