National Consultant to develop the Executive Plan for the Gender Mainstreaming Policy for the Ministry of Labour
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security. UN women is supporting the Ministry of Labour (MOL) in Jordan to develop the executive plan for its first Gender Mainstreaming Policy. The executive plan shall guide action, and identify roles and responsibilities, and the allocation of resources, over a specified period of time and towards the fulfilment of the gender mainstreaming policy. The plan shall be as well aligned with the National Women’s Strategy and the Economic Modernization Vision and its relevant government documents. The objective of this assignment is to develop the executive plan of the Ministry of Labour’s Gender Mainstreaming Policy. The executive plan shall be developed in full partnership with the Ministry to provide an agreed-upon roadmap, with objectives and interventions to reach the gender mainstreaming policy goal for the Ministry of Labour. The executive plan shall be in alignment with and contribute to national frameworks for inclusive national development. It is expected from the plan to provide the Ministry with guidance to succeed in mainstreaming gender into its policies, regulations, operations, and processes with specific goals and interventions. It is expected for the plan to identify the roles and responsibilities, and timeline for each intervention and resources needed based on the consultations with all relevant stakeholders. In addition, the document should include a clear monitoring and evaluation framework, and capacity development plan. The Consultant will be supervised by the technical Lead of Women’s Economic Empowerment Portfolio to ensure the successful implementation of the consultation objective.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Women’s Economic Empowerment technical lead, the Consultant will be responsible for producing an executive plan for the gender mainstreaming policy for the Ministry of Labour in Arabic. The document should include the following outline: Introduction, background, a summary of gender mainstreaming at MOL, then the implementation matrix, M&E framework, and capacity development plan. the following deliverables during the period of the consultancy:
• Draft a detailed executive plan that explains the steps/actions for the development of the executive plan of the Ministry of Labour’s Gender Mainstreaming Policy, which will identify the timeline and stakeholders with the expected results and/or products. The work plan should be aligned with the description of the responsibilities and expected deliverables.
• Draft the introduction part of the plan that includes stakeholders and relevant internal and external national framework analyses, including but not limited to MOL gender mainstreaming policy, MOL strategies, National Strategy for Women, Economic Modernization Plan, and MOL situation analysis.
• Work with the Ministry and UN Women to identify 5 main Directorates to consult with for the executive plan.
• Carry out at least 2 workshops to consult and work with the selected Directorates, present the first draft, and the third workshop is to launch the final product.
• Conduct at least 3 meetings with each one of the selected directorates with the support from the Ministry.
• Draft the first version of the executive plan and share it with UN Women and MOL teams for revision. The executive plan should include a monitoring and evaluation framework, a capacity development plan, and an estimated budget.
• Revise the draft executive plan based on the feedback received and share the revised version with MOL and UN Women teams to reach an agreement for a version for verification.
• Present, and discuss the revised executive plan’s draft at a verification workshop with agreed-upon stakeholders with UN Women and MOL teams. The workshop will be organized by UN Women with MOL to receive final feedback on the final revised version of the plan.
• Reflect on the received feedback and finalize the executive work plan for MOL’s gender mainstreaming policy in collaboration with MOL and UN Women focal points and submit the final version to UN Women, which the latter will share with MOL for the Minister’s approval.
Number of days
Percentage of payment
| || |
2 working days
| || |
8 working days
| || |
20 working days
| || |
15 working days
| || |
5 working days
| || |
15 working days
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
Please visit this link for more information on UN Women’s Core Values and Competencies: https://www.unwomen.org/sites/default/files/Headquarters/Attachments/Sections/About%20Us/Employment/UN-Women-values-and-competencies-framework-en.pdf
- Extensive experience in program design and development, preferably in the field of gender equality, women's empowerment, community development, or equivalent fields.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Jordanian socio-economic context, development challenges, and best practices in promoting gender equality and women's empowerment.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to conduct gender analysis, needs assessments, SWOT analyses, and stakeholder consultations from a gender-responsive perspective.
- Excellent communication and report writing skills, with a demonstrated ability to effectively communicate complex ideas and recommendations to diverse stakeholders.
- Excellent knowledge in planning and designing monitoring frameworks for government agencies
Required Skills and Experience
Education and Certification:
- Master’s degree in (social science, economics, business, gender studies, organizational behavior, strategic planning, etc…) or any relevant academic field
- Bachelor’s degree in one of those fields in combination with 2 additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the master’s degree.
- Proven experience working and understanding gender equality and women’s empowerment issues, especially in the labour sector for at least 7 years.
- Proven record of excellent analytical and critical thinking, and corporate strategic planning for national entities.
- Previous experience with government institutions. An experience working with the Ministry of Labour is an asset.
- Working proficiency in speaking and writing in Arabic and English.
Individual consultants will be evaluated based on the following methodology:
Only candidates obtaining a minimum of 49 points in the technical evaluation would be considered for the financial evaluation. Criteria Weight Technical: 70% (70 points) Criterion
1: Master’s degree or equivalent in business, economics, social science or other related fields. A Bachelor’s degree in one of those fields in combination with 2 additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the master’s degree (25 points) Criterion
2: Proven experience working and understanding of gender equality and women’s empowerment issues, especially in the labour sector for at least 7 years (30 points) Criterion
3: Proven record of excellent analytical and critical thinking, and corporate strategic planning for national entities (30 points) Criterion 4: Excellent command of written and spoken Arabic and very good command of written and spoken English (15 points)
Financial: Lowest Financial Proposal: 30% (30 points) The points for the Financial Proposal will be allocated as per the following formula:
- Contract will be awarded to the technically qualified consultant who obtains the highest combined score (financial and technical).
- The points for the Financial Proposal will be allocated as per the following formula: (Lowest Bid Offered*)/ (Bid of the Consultant) x 30.
- 'Lowest Bid Offered' refers to the lowest price offered by Offerors scoring at least 49 points in the technical evaluation.
Interested Individual Consultants must submit the following documents/information to demonstrate their qualifications:
- UN Women Personal History form (P-11) which can be downloaded from http://www.unwomen.org/about-us/employment;
- Personal CV; and Financial proposal; Proposed inclusive daily rate.
The above-mentioned documents should be merged in a standalone file including all them, since the online application submission does only permit to upload one file per application. Incomplete submission can be a ground for disqualification.
At UN Women, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment of mutual respect. UN Women recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, ability, national origin, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, competence, integrity and organizational need.
If you need any reasonable accommodation to support your participation in the recruitment and selection process, please include this information in your application.
UN Women has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UN Women, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to UN Women’s policies and procedures and the standards of conduct expected of UN Women personnel and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. (Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.)
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: