Senior Assistant - Security
Working with in-country partners, IRRI develops advanced rice varieties that yield more grain and better withstand pests and disease as well as flooding, drought, and other harmful effects of climate change.
Under the close supervision of the Senior Manager - Safety and Security Services, provide general support in the field of safety and security, oversee compliance of the security provider to the service agreement, and monitor the operation of the security systems and implementation of the standard operating procedures.
This position will be based at the IRRI Headquarters, Los Baños, Philippines and may only be filled by permanent citizens of the Philippines.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide general support in monitoring the compliance of the service provider to the service agreement
- Monitor the operation of the security systems
- Implement establish standard operating procedures in case of emergencies
- Disseminate guidelines and special instructions to all guards through security agency supervisors
- Oversee the operation of the security systems (CCTV, radio, e-door access, UAS, alarm, telephone, emails to security, weather)
- Overlook the dispatch of responders to emergencies (medical, fire, security) and send notifications and alerts as needed
- Coordinate with other security units (PNP, UP, Municipal and Barangay)
- Receive and act upon all safety and security concerns whenever duty as Desk Duty Officer
- Conduct regular inspections to security posts to check the completeness of security details, shift rotation and equipment.
- Review agency-submitted incident and inspection reports (GPS, GTR) and prepare, review/submit reports and daily security bulletin
- Implement established standard operating procedures in case of emergencies to prevent/minimize loss of life or damage to property
- Bachelor’s degree in Criminology, related Security Certification or above three years’ experience in security/guard force management and administration, and
- Experience in supervising security personnel and has excellent organizational skills
- Able to draft and implement security procedures
- Proficient in conversational and written communication (English and Filipino)
- Knowledgeable in MS Office Applications
- Able to drive four-wheeled vehicle and holder of valid Philippine Driving License
- Has worked at least four years for an international organization in security section
- Has received first aid and basic life support training
- Familiar in Laguna area
IRRI offers a highly extensive employee benefits package inclusive of globally-covered medical insurance, retirement plan, life and accident insurance and other allowances.
Join our team and be part of our story!
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
This position will remain open until filled.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: