Digital Communications and Social Media Analyst
The United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women (UN Women), grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, humanitarian action, human rights and peace and security. UN Women provides support to Member States’ efforts and priorities in meeting their gender equality goals and for building effective partnerships with civil society and other relevant actors.
UN Women Office in Georgia has steadily grown from year to year starting from 2008 (UNIFEM at that time). UN Women established a full-fledged Country Office presence in Georgia in 2013. UN WomenGeorgia’s Strategic Note (2021-2025) and respectively the Biannual Work-Plan for 2022-20233, cover all impact areas of UNW's Global Strategic Plan (2022-2025)governance and participation in public life, women’s economic empowerment (WEE), ending violence against women and girls (EVAWG), and women, peace and security (WPS). The overarching goal of UNW Georgia is to achieve sustainable empowerment of women and girls towards a gender equal society.
In order to meet the growing public relations and communications’ needs, UN Women Georgia Country Office intends to hire Digital Communications and Social Media Analyst. She/He will work under the direct supervision of UN Women Georgia Communications Analyst with overall guidance from UN Women Country Representative and relevant programme and operations’ team.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Digital Communications and Social Media Analyst will be responsible for the provision of professional services and expertise as described:
- Ensure visibility of UN Women’s presence and work in the country through UN Women Georgia Official Facebook Page as well as Twitter and Instagram in compliance with rules, ethical guidelines and regulations of the agency.
- Plan and execute social media strategies and campaigns
- Create, publish, and share engaging content and stories across different platforms
- Build and maintain a content calendar
- Commissioning user-generated content and nurturing influencer relationships
- Track, measure, and analyze campaign results
- Cultivate, manage, and engage with online community
- Prepare engaging contents covering UN Women’s work in Georgia for UN Women Facebook, Twitter and other social platforms.
- Conceptualize, design and execute a social media strategy for UN Women’s flagship public campaigns #GenerationEquality #HeforShe #Unite #16DaysofActivism as well as social media campaigns for the ongoing projects.
- Develop strategic partnerships with key constituencies, both at Headquarters and Europe and Central Asia offices, including with major social media platforms and digital creative agencies to expand UN Women’s reach and influence.
- Develop and implement a multi-platform strategy to reach a younger audience (Gen Z and younger) and galvanize their actions in support of the #GenerationEquality campaign.
- Take the lead on implementing UN Women’s digital and social media analytics strategy, producing monthly and yearly analytics reports. Gauge reach, engagement and other performance measures for social media posts, accounts and campaigns. Use KPIs to monitor UN Women’s impact and inform results-based decision making and drive the effective use of resources.
- Produce and oversee the production of high-impact social media content in multiple languages, formats and/or platforms (e.g. infographic, GIFs, video, etc.), that effectively informs and engages external audiences and supports media and advocacy campaigns.
- Undertake research to determine appropriate medium and target audience; identify and test new platforms for digital engagement.
- Prepare production plans, write drafts, obtain clearances, finalize texts, and edit and coordinate design approval, printing procedures and distribution.
- Update and maintain guidance notes on social media monitoring and analytics tools for CO colleagues.
- Liaise on a daily basis with other teams within the communications section and the wider organization to ensure coordinated output and editorial consistency, including attending editorial and planning meetings.
- Plan and initiate strategic and proactive outreach to influencers and partners for UN Women’s online platforms.
- Engage in the work of the UN Communications Group functioning at the UN Country Team in Georgia as relevant;
- Provide support to Communications Analyst in ensuring high quality and effective coverage of UN Women events in the country by different social media outlets, as relevant;
- Provide support to Communications Analyst in preparation, updating and regular monitoring of the implementation of UN Women Georgia communication strategy and annual work-plan (that is designed in line with UN Women Regional and global communications-related guidance and frameworks);
- Support Communications Analyst to closely cooperate and provide inputs as requested by UN Women Headquarters and UN Women Europe and Central Asia Office communication colleagues;
- Support Communication Analyst and UN Women Georgia programme team while implementing public relations and communication-related interventions of UN Women different cost-share projects;
- Support Communications Analyst in the development and up-dating of UN Women photo bank in Georgia;
- Perform other duties as required.
- Integrity: Demonstrate consistency in upholding and promoting the values of UN Women in actions and decisions, in line with the UN Code of Conduct.
- Professionalism: Demonstrate professional competence and expert knowledge of the pertinent substantive areas of work.
- Respect for Diversity: Demonstrate an appreciation of the multicultural nature of the organization and the diversity of its staff. Demonstrate an international outlook, appreciating difference in values and learning from cultural diversity.
- Ethics and Values: Demonstrate and promote ethics and integrity by creating organizational precedents
- Organizational Awareness: Build support for the organization and ensure political acumen
- Work in teams: Build and promote effective teams. Demonstrate ability to work in a multicultural, multi ethnic environment and to maintain effective working relations with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
- Communication and Information Sharing: Create and promote an environment for open and effective communication
- Self-management and Emotional Intelligence: Stay composed and positive even in difficult moments, handle tense situations with diplomacy and tact, and have a consistent behavior towards others
- Conflict Management: Surface conflicts and address them proactively acknowledging different feelings and views and directing energy towards a mutually acceptable solution.
- Ability to build strong relationships with partners, focus on impact and results for the partners and respond positively to feedback
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- General knowledge of RBM tools
- Strong knowledge of local country context
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong IT Skills
Please visit this link for more information on UN Women’s Core Values and Competencies: https://www.unwomen.org/sites/default/files/Headquarters/Attachments/Sections/About%20Us/Employment/UN-Women-values-and-competencies-framework-en.pdf
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree or equivalent in journalism, public relations or a related field;
- First degree acceptable with an additional two years of experience in relevant field of communications and/or journalism.
Relevant work experience:
- At least two (2) years of relevant work experience in social media in particular;
- At least two (2) years of work experience of covering human rights issues;
- Demonstrated experience in speedy quality writing in English, analysis and problem solving;
- Proven track record in creating compelling social media campaigns and content for non profit;
- Experience in handling of web-based management systems;
- Experience using graphic editing software desirable;
- Experience coordinating and liaising with government agencies, CSOs and/or donors is an asset.
- Strong command of Georgian and English both written and spoken is a must.
- Knowledge of Russian is an asset.
Application submission package:
- Duly filled Personal History Form PHF11 that can be downloaded from http://www.unwomen.org/en/about-us/employment
How to Submit the Application:
- Download and complete the UN Women Personal History Form (P11) - https://www.unwomen.org/sites/default/files/2022-07/UN-Women-P11-Personal-History-Form-en.doc
- Merge your UN Women Personal History Form (P11), CV and Motivation Letter into a single file. The system does not allow for more than one attachment to be uploaded.
- Click on the Job Title (job vacancy announcement).
- Click 'Apply Now' button, fill in necessary information on the first page, and then click 'Submit Application;'
- Upload your application/single file as indicated above with the merged documents (underlined above).
- You will receive an automatic response to your email confirming receipt of your application by the system.
- UN Women retains the right to contact references directly. Due to the large numbers of applications we receive, we are able to inform only the successful candidates about the outcome or status of the selection process.
At UN Women, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment of mutual respect. UN Women recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, ability, national origin, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, competence, integrity and organizational need.
If you need any reasonable accommodation to support your participation in the recruitment and selection process, please include this information in your application.
UN Women has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UN Women, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to UN Women’s policies and procedures and the standards of conduct expected of UN Women personnel and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. (Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.)
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: