Driver (Open to Kyrgyzstan Nationals Only) (Re-Advertised)
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
UN Women in Kyrgyzstan is a strong advocate for improving the lives of women and girls in the country. Building on the vision of equality enshrined in the UN Charter, and in the framework of the UN Women Strategic Note for Kyrgyzstan 2023-2028, the Country Office implements a comprehensive programme with a focus to enhance women's leadership; eliminate violence against women; promote women participation in women, peace and security agenda, all aspects of decision making; financing for gender equality, women economic empowerment, gender mainstreaming in humanitarian action, disaster risk management and climate change adaptation.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the overall guidance Head of Sub-Office is based in Osh, Kyrgyzstan, the Driver provides reliable and safe driving services and keeps the vehicle in good technical and overall clean condition, personally implementing cleaning and regular maintenance and minor repairs, ensuring high accuracy of work.
The Driver demonstrates a client-oriented approach, high sense of responsibility, courtesy, tact and the ability to work with people of different national, cultural, social and religious backgrounds. He/she provides driving services to UN Women personnel, Consultants and Experts as specified by the supervisors. The driver will further assist the supervisors in other official tasks that can include logistics, workshop preparation, ad-hoc interpretation and office and administrative support. Non-driving related activities form the minor part of the assignment from a time committed point of view.
Provide reliable and secure driving services
- Drive office vehicles for the transport of authorized personnel;
- Deliver and collect mail, documents and other items to Government – Offices/Embassies/Commercial Establishments/ UN Offices;
- Meet official personnel and visitors at the airport, including visa and customs formalities arrangements when required;
- Verify that all passengers wear seatbelts at all times in the vehicle;
- Ensure all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents;
- Adhere to relevant job specific guidelines and policies of UN Women such as but not limited to the vehicle management policy;
- Ensure vehicle comply with the Minimum Operating Security Standards (MOSS);
- Excellent knowledge of protocol whilst ensuring compliance with local driving rules and regulations and good knowledgebase of the regions and geographic areas of Kyrgyz Republic
Provide proper use of vehicle
- Ensure cost-saving by driving responsibly;
- Maintain daily vehicle logs, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil change, servicing, greasing, repairs;
- Provide inputs to preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports.
Provide day to day maintenance of the assigned vehicle
- Ensure that the official vehicle is kept clean and is always in good working condition;
- Make minor repairs and make arrangements for major repairs;
- Change oil, check tires, lights horn, clutch and brakes and wash car regularly;
- Ensure that vehicles comply with Minimum Operating Security Standards (MOSS).
Maintain and ensure availability of all required documents/supplies
- Maintain and ensure availability of all required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, and map of the city/country, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts in the assigned vehicle;
- Ensure that all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents.
Provide general administrative and logistic support as needed
- Assist office staff in filing, photocopying and maintaining required records;
- Assist in the mailing and distribution of publications and payments of bills, as required.
Key Performance Indicators
• Quality and timely driving services; safe and on-time
• Quality care and maintenance of vehicle
• Timely inputs to logs and records
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
- Excellent driving skills;
- Good knowledge of driving rules and regulations, local roads and conditions;
- Good defensive driving skills;
- Skills in minor vehicle repairs;
- Ability to be on time;
- Security and safety awareness, familiarity with frequently travelled routes in cross border areas and routines of the staff.
Required Skills and Experience
Education and certification:
Applications without the completed UN Women P-11 form will be treated as incomplete and will not be considered for further assessment. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
At UN Women, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment of mutual respect. UN Women recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, ability, national origin, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, competence, integrity and organizational need.If you need any reasonable accommodation to support your participation in the recruitment and selection process, please include this information in your application.
UN Women is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UN Women has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UN Women, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to UN Women’s policies and procedures and the standards of conduct expected of UN Women personnel and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. (Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.)
Applications without the completed P-11 form are incomplete and will NOT be considered for further assessment!
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: