National Consultant to provide admin support to UN Women Moldova CO
N Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
In 2023, in the context of the war in Ukraine and refugee crisis, UN Women implements several initiatives aimed to support Government, local authorities and civil society organizations with response efforts to immediate humanitarian needs of women and girls and efforts focusing on GBV services and protection.
To support effective management and implementation of all activities, UN Women is looking for Local Consultant, who will join the team working on refugee response.
The Consultant will work under guidance and direct supervision of the Project Manager to ensure smooth running of Programme initiatives, provision of administrative and some programmatic services of the highest quality and standards to the UN Women Country Office, as well as national beneficiaries and stakeholders. In addition, the Consultant will assist Project Manager and Programme Officers and other personnel in implementation of day-to-day activities, as required.
The Consultant will apply and promote the principles of results-based management (RBM), as well as client-oriented approach consistent with UN Women rules and regulations. The incumbent is expected to exercise full compliance with UN Women programming, financial, procurement and administrative rules, regulations, policies and strategies, as well as implementation of the effective internal control systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
Provide support to the formulation and implementation of the Programme portfolio:
- Provide operational inputs and administrative support in the preparation of Programme and Country Office Annual Work Plans, programme/project budgets, proposals on implementation arrangements and tracking of the delivery of funds;
- Provide operational guidance and administrative support to the responsible/implementing parties on project implementation, including narrative and financial reporting to UN Women ;
- Provide administrative support for the audit of programmes/ projects and support implementation of audit recommendations;
- Identify sources, gather and compile data and information for and draft internal documents, guidelines, speeches, concept notes and position papers, in collaboration with the Programme and Operations teams.
- Act as primary contact for operational aspects within programme team and liaise with relevant internal and external counterparts for getting additional clarifications/guidance.
Provide support to the financial management of Programme portfolio:
- Provide technical support in preparation and monitoring of programmes/projects budgets in line with UN Women policies/procedures and donor requirements. Create projects in Quantum, prepare budget revisions, revise project awards and status and determine unutilized funds and the operational and financial close of a project;
- Ensure tracking of expenditures and revenue for the programme/projects, prepare regular expenditure/financial plans and reports, initiate corrections, provide advice on financial delivery projections.
- Verify financial documents from programme partners, including those for cash advances’ payment and clearance;
- Prepare documents for payments, create vouchers within the authorities aligned to the Internal Control Framework (ICF);
Provide operational support to the Programme portfolio:
- Provide inputs and draft Terms of Reference and technical specifications for procurement of goods and services for programme implementation, prepare lists of needs and draft analysis for procurement plan, conduct market research;
- Initiate procurement and recruitment processes in line with UN Women procedures, and coordinates with relevant parties the completion of these processes.
- Maintain communication with vendors upon contract signature, coordinates delivery of good/services, maintain records on receipt and distribution of goods, ensure proper documentation of processes, monitor contractors’ performance;
- Undertake logistical, administrative and financial arrangements for organization of meetings, workshops, events, and missions;
- Make travel and transportation arrangements for the Programme Team and partners or beneficiaries, ensuring processing of travel-related payments;
- Provide support in coordination of other Programme personnel (interns, consultants, other administrative personnel);
- Assemble briefing materials and prepare power-point and other presentations, in collaboration with the Programme team; draft minutes of the meetings, as delegated, and maintain follow up communication after events/meetings;
- Organize, compile, and archive/upload to internal databases documentation on programme implementation processes; maintain filing system ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials; maintain mailing lists.
Provide administrative support to partnership and resource mobilization:
- Organize, compile, and process documentation and information from donors, and programme team as inputs to various databases and documents.
- Assist with communication with various stakeholders, Programme’s partners and beneficiaries.
- Provide support in collecting inputs and materials on lessons learnt and knowledge management within Programme area and operational aspects.
- Cultural Sensitivity and valuing Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Human Rights based Approach and Gender Issues
- Ethics and Values
- Self-management and emotional intelligence
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication and Information Sharing
- Continuous Learning and Knowledge Sharing
- Work in teams
- Leading by Example
Please visit this link for more information on UN Women’s Core Values and Competencies: https://www.unwomen.org/sites/default/files/Headquarters/Attachments/Sections/About%20Us/Employment/UN-Women-values-and-competencies-framework-en.pdf
Required Skills and Experience
- University degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or other related field.
- Specialized national or international certification in accounting and finance is an asset.
- At least 6 (six) years of progressively responsible experience in finance/accounting.
- Experience in the advanced usage of office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems;
- Experience of working with civil society organizations;
- Experience of working with international organizations is an asset.
- Previous experience in humanitarian programmes is a strong asset.
- Experience in the use of ATLAS, Quantum or other ERP systems is an asset.
- Proficiency in English and Romanian is required;
- Working knowledge of one or more additional languages relevant for Moldova, including Russian, Bulgarian, Gagauzian, Romani, Ukrainian or sign language would be an asset.
Complete Job Descritipon and and its annextes can be donwloaded following this link. https://sc.undp.md/jobdetails/2831/ .
All applications must include (as an attachment) the completed UN Women Personal History form (P-11) which can be downloaded from: https://www.unwomen.org/sites/default/files/Headquarters/Attachments/Sections/About%20Us/Employment/UN-Women-P11-Personal-History-Form.doc. Kindly note that the system will only allow one attachment. Applications without the completed UN Women P-11 form will be treated as incomplete and will not be considered for further assessment.
Note: The United Nations in Moldova is committed to workforce diversity. Women, persons with disabilities, Roma and other ethnic or religious minorities, persons living with HIV, as well as refugees and other non-citizens legally entitled to work in the Republic of Moldova, are particularly encouraged to apply.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: