Resource Mobilization Associate
Org. Setting and Reporting
The Field Operation Section (FOS) is responsible for the development, execution, monitoring, reporting and closure of projects contained in the Capacity Development and Implementation Programme CDIP), as well as for the implementation of other CDI products. The CDIP provides advice and assistance to ICAO Member States in regards to the ICAO Strategic Objectives, in accordance with ICAO’s related Standard and Recommended Practices and Procedures (SARPs) and ICAO’s Regional Plans.
FOS executes the CDIP by developing and implementing projects under the “One-Single Process” (OSP) approach, which is aligned with project management practices. The OSP consists of a seamless and results-based end-to-end methodology for the management of projects by enhancing its service orientation and providing greater value to Member States and stakeholders. All this while ensuring its adherence to ICAO policies and regulations and CDI Quality Management System (QMS) certified under ISO 9001:2015.
The Resource Mobilization function within FOS, works closely with all Bureaus and Regional Offices and is responsible for developing and coordinating relationships with potential and existing stakeholders in mobilizing resources. The Resource Mobilization Associate reports to the Chief, FOS, with whom s/he consults on complex issues.
Function 1 (incl. Expected results)
In support of the RM Officer, maintains databases, analyses data and develops draft reports related to Resource Mobilization, achieving results such as:
• Plan a prioritisation of costed unfunded projects in need of voluntary funding.
• Support the drafting and development of tailor-made materials, publications, brochures to support Resource Mobilization promotional activities.
• Support the RM officers in the implementation of the ICAO Resource Mobilization Strategy.
• Research Official Development Assistance (ODA) trends and processes.
• Participate in the analysis of assistance provided to States by donors and facilitated by ICAO, and based on the outcomes of these assessments, maintain up-to-date findings.
• Maintain, extract and analyse information of donors to demonstrate results achieved while reporting the programme implementation.
• Liaise with ICAO subject matter experts to ensure that allocation of funds is in compliance with donor requirements for an effective relationship.
Function 2 (incl. Expected results)
Updates the donor agreement and report tracking system , achieving results such as:
• Update when necessary, the ICAO Resource Mobilization Strategy of Voluntary Funds and coordinate within ICAO the drafting of Resource Mobilization Strategies.
• Maintain statistical data and prepare reports on different fund modalities for inclusion in the monthly revenue forecast report and other reports/documents relevant to the Branch Review and compile information related to existing and/or prospective partners and donors, including preparation of related income charts, donor profiles, as well as partner and donor interest/priorities databases.
• Maintain statistical data and prepare reports on different fund modalities for inclusion in the monthly revenue forecast report and other reports/documents of relevant to the Branch.
Function 3 (incl. Expected results)
Supports data analysis and research related to public sector donors and nurturing donor relations, achieving results such as:
• Administer agreement fund codes, maintain databases on various fund management issues, correspond and answer queries from budget holders,
• Assist the RM Officer in donor consultations, reporting and drafting routine correspondence to donors.
• Support the establishment of the RMN as the central platform for capturing real-time intelligence on partner policies and priorities, and resource mobilization needs to be disseminated within ICAO.
• Review the agreement of funding consistent with ICAO Rules and Regulations, policies and procedures.
Function 4 (incl. Expected results)
Supports the overall development of ICAO’s resource mobilization capacities with a focus on mechanisms and processes, achieving results such as:
• Support Resource Mobilization Officers with the organisation, agenda setting, and preparation of documents to facilitate the Project Review Committee for all ICAO Voluntary Funds (PRC-IVFs).
• Aid in the user requirement for automation tools on resource mobilization needs. Support its implementation and update as required.
• Support the coordination with Bureaus and Regional Offices for the development and deployment of policy, guidance materials and SOPs, aiming to enhance efficiencies in the management of ICAO voluntary funds.
• Draft pledge acknowledgment letters and other correspondences with current or potential donors under the guidance of the RM Officers.
• Support RM Officers in including a resource mobilization perspective into public awareness, advocacy and outreach efforts to maximize donor expansion and diversification opportunities.
• Support meetings and teleconferences.
Function 5 (incl. Expected results)
Supports internal resource mobilization capacities to foster results-based management and facilitates new mobilization opportunities, achieving results such as:
• Provide administrative support in coordination with donors to demonstrate results achieved in the context of overall programme implementation.
• Participate in research activities regarding the interests and application requirements of the main donors and other funding sources.
• Provide administrative support in coordinating with relevant internal stakeholders to secure the required clearance, including legal and financial clearances for proposals and donor agreements before signature.
• Develop tracking tools to support the oversight of implementation rates and reporting deadlines and ensure activities and expenditures are aligned with the terms and conditions set out in individual donor agreements.
• Support in the coordination with the Communications Office in order to effectively utilize the communication products to inform donors about both ICAO strategies and work to encourage them to fund civil aviation development proposals.
Function 6 (incl. Expected results)
Performs other duties, as assigned.
Professionalism: Shows sound knowledge of protocol and diplomatic procedures; sound knowledge of current events as well as world geography; sound knowledge of the rules, regulations and procedures of ICAO; familiarization with the ICAO internal processes; ability to perform a broad range of administrative functions with strong analytical, proofreading, drafting and editing skills. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations.
Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
Planning and Organizing: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
Accountability: Takes ownership of all responsibilities and honours commitments; delivers outputs for which one has responsibility within prescribed time, cost and quality standards; operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules; supports subordinates, provides oversight and takes responsibility for delegated assignments; takes personal responsibility for his/her own shortcomings and those of the work unit, where applicable.
Creativity: Actively seeks to improve programmes or services; offers new and different options to solve problems or meet client needs; promotes and persuades others to consider new ideas; takes calculated risks on new and unusual ideas; thinks "outside the box"; takes an interest in new ideas and new ways of doing things; is not bound by current thinking or traditional approaches.
Judgment and Decision-making: Identifies the key issues in a complex situation, and comes to the heart of the problem quickly; gathers relevant information before making decision; considers positive and negative impacts of decisions prior to making them; takes decisions with an eye to the impact on others and on the Organization; proposes a course of action or makes a recommendation based on all available information; checks assumptions against facts; the person is in a role where s/he is expected to identify key issues quickly, gather relevant information, consider positive and negative impacts, check assumptions against facts and make tough decisions when necessary.
A Diploma of College Studies (DEC) or equivalent is required.
A first level university degree in administration, social sciences, or related area is desirable. Additional training or certification in office management, public and business administration, secretarial field, or related areas is desirable.
• A minimum of six (6) years of relevant administrative and office management support experience is required.
• Experience preparing correspondence and reviewing reports, presentations, working papers, etc is required.
• Experience in dealing with high-level government officials and international organization environment is required.
• Experience in dealing with sensitive and confidential matters with diplomacy and tact is required.
• Six years' experience in office administration work with international organizations, the United Nations system, a government or public sector is desirable.
• Experience in a high-pressure post is desirable.
• Experience with the latest information technology (IT) software applications, including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Share Point is desirable.
• Fluent reading, writing and speaking abilities in English is required.
• A working knowledge of French is desirable.
• A working knowledge of any other official language of the Organization (Arabic, Chinese, Russian, Spanish) is desirable.
Evaluation of qualified candidates may include an assessment exercise which may be followed by competency-based interview.Special Notice
Please note that this is a locally-recruited position and restricted to Canadian Citizens, Permanent Residents of Canada and applicants with a work permit.
It should be noted that this post is to be filled on a fixed-term basis for an initial period of three (3) years (first year is probationary for an external candidate).
ICAO staff members are international civil servants subject to the authority of the Secretary General and may be assigned to any activities or offices of the Organization within the duty station.
ICAO staff members are expected to conduct themselves in a manner befitting their status as international civil servants. In this connection, ICAO has incorporated the 2013 Standards of Conduct for the International Civil Service into the ICAO Personnel Instructions.
ICAO offers an attractive benefit package to its employees in accordance with the policies of the International Civil Service Commission (ICSC),
The statutory retirement age for staff entering or re-entering service after 1 January 2014 is 65. For external applicants, only those who are expected to complete a term of appointment will normally be considered.
Remuneration: Level Net Base Salary per annum
G-6 CAD 47,249
United Nations Considerations
In accordance with ICAO Staff Regulations, the paramount consideration in the employment of the staff is the necessity of securing the highest standards of efficiency, competence, and integrity. Due regard shall be paid to the importance of recruiting staff on as wide a geographical basis as possible and ensuring equal gender representation. Subject to the foregoing, selection of staff members shall be made without distinction as to race, sex or religion, nor shall there be any discrimination on account of any disability of a candidate who meets the qualifications required to perform the tasks. Unless otherwise permitted under the ICAO Staff Regulations, appointment and promotion of staff members shall be made on a competitive basis.
Candidates will not be considered for employment with ICAO if they have committed violations of international human rights law, violations of international humanitarian law, sexual exploitation, sexual abuse, or sexual harassment, or if there are reasonable grounds to believe that they have been involved in the commission of any of these acts.
Candidates who have committed crimes other than minor traffic offences may not be considered for employment.
Applicants are urged to follow carefully all instructions available in the online recruitment platform, Inspira. For more detailed guidance, applicants may refer to the Manual for the Applicant, which can be accessed by clicking on “Manuals” hyper-link on the upper right side of the Inspira account-holder homepage.
The evaluation of applicants will be conducted on the basis of the information submitted in the application according to the evaluation criteria of the job opening and the applicable Staff Regulations and Rules, administrative issuances and guidelines. Applicants must provide complete and accurate information pertaining to their personal profile and qualifications according to the instructions provided in Inspira to be considered for the current job opening. No amendment, addition, deletion, revision or modification shall be made to applications that have been submitted. Candidates under serious consideration for selection will be subject to reference checks to verify the information provided in the application.
Job openings advertised in Inspira will be removed at 11:59 p.m. (New York time) on the deadline date.
ICAO does NOT charge any fees or request money from candidates at any stage of the recruitment process, nor does it concern itself with bank account details of applicants. Requests of this nature allegedly made on behalf of ICAO are fraudulent and should be disregarded.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: