Applicants for vacancies in the National Professional Officer (NPO) category must be nationals of the country in which the position is located (Cote d'Ivoire). IFAD is committed to achieving gender diversity. Women are particularly encouraged to apply.
The Social Inclusion Analyst/Specialist works under the overall strategic, policy and management guidance of the Division Director and the Regional Director of the Regional Division to which s/he is mapped. S/he works under the direct supervision of the Lead Technical Specialist (Social Inclusion Cluster Coordinator), with dual reporting to the respective Country Director/Head of the IFAD Multi-Country Offices.
S/He will work in close cooperation with the all Technical Specialist in the Social Inclusion Cluster as well as with other Technical Specialists and Country Programme Managers to ensure consistency, cohesion, and synergy in the application of technical advice and provision of programme development support facilitating knowledge flows and building of communities of practice.
Key Functions and Results
- Technical and Country Programme Advice
- Knowledge Management and Capacity Building
- Partnerships and Resource Mobilization
- Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting - The Social Inclusion
- Managerial Functions
Essential Criteria to Apply
Education: Advanced university degree from an accredited institution in a technically relevant area. The advanced university degree may be substituted by a first university degree and at least four (4) additional years of relevant professional experience over and above the minimum number of years of experience as stipulated below.
Areas - social sciences, gender studies, sociology, economics, human or development geography, rural development, nutrition/public health.
The degree must be from an accredited institution listed on https://www.whed.net/home.php
- At least five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in, and demonstrated understanding of, poverty analysis, social inclusion (gender equality and women's empowerment, inclusion of youth and indigenous peoples) and improved nutrition issues in rural development initiatives.
- Two (2) years preferably in the United Nations or an international financial institution, or another multicultural organization or institution or a national organization providing support on a global scope.
- Position-specific experience: In-depth technical expertise, demonstrated by substantive work experience, and a solid understanding of social inclusion and improved nutrition issues and impacts on rural development, ideally acquired by working on rural development or poverty reduction projects. Access to networks of technical and professional resources and expertise can be brought to bear on IFAD’s work on gender and social inclusion.
- Required English and French (4 – Excellent)
You must hold a Cote d'Ivoire nationality to apply for this vacancy.