The Nigerian Women Trust Fund (NWTF) was established in 2011 through an unusual government and civil society collaboration to mobilize and institutionalize technical and financial resources to support women towards closing the gender gap in governance. These resources are to support female leadership and participation, address the growing concerns about the gender imbalance in elective and appointive positions and drive strategies to increase the representation of women in governance at all levels. NWTF is a legal entity registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission as a company limited by guarantee.
To institutionalize access to resources for women towards a balanced representation in leadership and governance in Nigeria
- Transparently provide women with resources for leadership and governance.
- Sustain activism and leadership through mentorship of young women on the Nigerian women agenda
- Engage in research, use of data for advocacy and networking opportunities to further expand women’s spaces
- Mobilise resources for the implementation of the Fund’s objectives, collaborate with and provide support to like-minded organisations
- Enhance institutional effectiveness for transformation and sustainability
Our target beneficiaries include Women considering participation in leadership processes and decision-making processes; CSOs, groups, networks and CBOs focused on gender and increased balanced representation and civic education; Constituencies and political parties; Women leaders and Young women and persons with Disabilities.