Welcome to The European Molecular Biology Laboratory’ (EMBL) career site at Impactpool,
The European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL) is…
The European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL) is an intergovernmental organisation specialising in basic research in the life sciences, funded by public research monies from more than 20 member states, including much of Europe and Israel, and two associate members, Argentina and Australia (Click here to check out the member states of EMBL).
EMBL is led by the Director General, currently Professor Iain Mattaj, appointed by the governing body, EMBL Council. The Council is comprised of representatives of all member and associate member states.
Careers at EMBL
EMBL offer a wide range of challenging scientific and non-scientific positions at all of our European locations and encourage applications from international candidates at all career levels. EMBL operates from five sites across Europe:
- Heidelberg, Germany - main laboratory
- Hinxton, UK - European Bioinformatics Institute (EMBL-EBI)
- Grenoble, France - research and services for structural biology
- Hamburg, Germany - research and services for structural biology
- Monterotondo, Italy - mouse biology
Research at EMBL emphasises experimental analysis at multiple levels of biological organisation, from the molecule to the organism, as well as computational biology, bioinformatics and systems biology.
Research is conducted by more than 80 independent groups covering the spectrum of molecular biology. EMBL is international, innovative and interdisciplinary. Its 1600 employees from many nations represent scientific disciplines including biology, physics, chemistry and computer science.
One of the world’s leading research institutions
The European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL) is one of the world’s leading research institutions, and Europe’s flagship laboratory for the life sciences. The cornerstones of EMBL's mission are to:
- perform basic research in molecular biology;
- train scientists, students and visitors at all levels;
- offer vital services to scientists in the member states;
- develop new instruments and methods;
- actively engage in technology transfer and to;
- integrate European life science research.
Services provided by EMBL include:
- core biomolecular databases and bioinformatics tools, particularly at EMBL-EBI;
- the provision of beamlines, instrumentation and high-throughput technology for structural biology at the Hamburg and Grenoble outstations;
- Core Facilities, which provide cost-effective and efficient access to methods and technologies that are expensive to set up or maintain, or that require considerable expense.
From now on, you will find featured EMBL positions at Impactpool, update your Impactpool profile to stay alerted when featured EMBL jobs are posted. Find information how to apply in the job advertisements. When sending your application, please indicate you find the opportunity at Impactpool.org.