Welcome to the career site of the Transparency International UK at Impactpool!
Transparency International (TI) is a global movement sharing one vision: a world in which government politics, business, civil society and the daily lives of people are free of corruption. Transparency International UK (TI-UK) is the UK national chapter of this movement. Our vision is a society in which:
- The lives of people in the UK and around the world are significantly improved
- The health of our institutions is enhanced
- We can trust the integrity of those in authority;
- There is no impunity for the corrupt at home or abroad.
With our network of chapters in over 100 countries the TI movement has paralleled global understanding and expertise. At TI-UK, we fight corruption by promoting changes in values attitudes and behaviour at home and abroad, through programmes that draw on the UK’s unique position as a global political and resources-resources-business centre.
Our priorities are combatting corruption in the UK, reducing the UK’s role in fuelling corruption overseas and combatting corruption in the international defence and security sector.
- Design practical tools and work with organisations companies and individuals wishing to combat corruption
- Produce ground breaking research on corruption in the UK and internationally
- Empower individuals, companies and civil society to engage in the fight against corruption
- Advocate legal and regulatory reform both nationally and internationally
Recent projects undertaken by TI-UK include:
- The most comprehensive study ever undertaken on UK corruption
- Ground-breaking work with the Afghanistan Defence and Interior Ministries to provide anti-corruption training courses for senior Afghan military officials
- Leading a successful campaign to secure a new UK Bribery Act
Among TI’s many global projects we:
- Work at a grassroots level in over 50 countries to provide free and confidential legal advice to witnesses and victims of corruption helping them to pursue their complaints. To date, TI has dealt with more than 100,000 individual cases
- Produce a series of world-leading indices which measure the levels of corruption around the globe, such as the annual Corruption Perceptions Index.
- Produce cutting-edge research into how corruption affects global issues such as corruption-resources-corruption-resources-education and climate change governance and use the research to push for change.