Fundraising Relationship Advisor
Lausanne | Geneva | Pristina | Eu
LocationEcublens and/ or Geneva based position. Home office is possible on certain days. Swiss or eligible EU citizens, or those with a valid work permit for Switzerland, can apply.
Starting Date & Initial Contract Details
January 2024. Full-time open-ended contract.
In collaboration with the institutional Philanthropy Team, develop Medair’s presence in Switzerland by raising funds with foundations and governmental institutions. Increasing the organisation visibility within Philanthropy in Switzerland.
Responsible for strengthening partnerships with active foundations and municipalities in French-speaking Switzerland that will significantly contribute to our annual fundraising target. Develop high-quality proposals and reports.
Key Activity Areas
Fundraising with Foundations & Governmental institutions
- Manage a portfolio of foundations, municipalities and cantons, identify potential projects and submit proposals and reports in a timely manner as per solicitation plan
- Maintain personal contact with representatives of foundations and board members and build positive and sustainable relationships (via Email, phone, letters, meetings, field trips,…)
- Coordinate internally with International Programs, Finance and the field locations to identify projects adapted to partners’ requirements
- Keep up to date information and plan donor journeys using Salesforce (CRM)
- Write appropriate and qualitative funding proposals and reports (mainly French but also English)
- Coordinate internally with International Programs, Finance and the field locations to get the necessary information and resources.
- Create communication material such as writing project summaries, letters and presentations.
- Plan and coordinate internally with the institutional philanthropy team, the development of new proposals and reports. And keep the shared library of proposals up to date to enable access to other teams.
- Increase brand awareness and seek proactively opportunities to position Medair within the targeted audiences. Participate in networking.
- Participate in the revenue forecasting for institutional philanthropy in Romandie
- Monitor philanthropy and fundraising trends and share knowledge
- Contribute to the fundraising and organisational strategy development
- Plan, track and analyse personal targets and results, and report to team leader and manager
Team Spiritual Life
- Reflect the values of Medair with team members, local staff, beneficiaries, and external contacts.
- Work, live, and pray together in our Christian faith-based team settings. Fully contribute to the rich spiritual life of your team, including team devotions, prayers, and words of encouragement.
- Encouraged to join and contribute to Medair’s international prayer network.
This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary.
- Educated to degree level
- International Relations, Business Development and/or Sales, Communication, Account Management
- Excellent French, spoken and written
- Excellent working knowledge of the English language (speaking and writing).
Relief & Recovery Orientation Course (ROC)
What is the ROC and why is it required?
- Minimum of 3 years’ demonstrable professional success in the area of fundraising, sales, relationships or communication.
- Experience and understanding of project management
- Overseas experience in a humanitarian/development setting is a plus
- Advanced user of MS Office
- Desirable: Experience in CRM / sales management software
- Excellent written communication skills incl. translation from English into French
- Ability to bring complex information in a simple way to the point without losing essential content
- Rigorous and organised
- Analytical skills and ability to identify potential of projects and audiences
- Strategic thinking
- Networking skills
- People-oriented and good relational skills
- Goal, output and performance-oriented
- Perseverance and long-term perspective
- Self-starter and proactive
- Collaborative team player
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: