Finance Assistant for USAID Enhance Activity
The USAID-funded Enhance Activity in Thailand, implemented by Tetra Tech International Development (International Development Jobs - Tetra Tech), is currently accepting expressions of interest for a Finance Assistant. This position will be located in the main office in Bangkok.
The Finance Assistant will work closely with the Accountant to complete regular financial transactions and ensure compliance with Tetra Tech, Inc. policies, USAID regulations, local laws and tax regulations related to the statutory requirements of the local legal entity. The Finance Assistant will be based in the Bangkok Office and provide financial and accounting support for both the Bangkok and Yala Offices. The Finance Assistant will report directly to the Accountant.
* Review and process the vouchers of all receipt and disbursement transactions
* Review various accounting transactions, e. g., final payments, travel claims, grants, subcontracts, etc., to ensure accuracy of disbursements and adherence to relevant financial regulations and rules, administrative instructions, and practices
* Ensure transactions are appropriately recorded in QuickBooks/Salesforce and Tetra Tech, accounting and procurement standard procedures and policies are properly implemented
* Ensure tax is properly withheld and the relevant tax form is correctly issued to the payee
* Ensure timely processing of statutory reports and payments i.e. Value Added Tax, withholding tax, etc.
* Review, verify and ensure proper processing of all travel expense reports in line with travel authorizations/request approvals from the Chief of Party
* Assist in preparing and providing M&IE for workshop participants
* In coordination with Grants Team, ensure timely disbursement and reconciliation in line with grants agreements guidelines
* Assist in the closing of monthly accounts and preparing financial statements for submission to Home Office
* Reconcile bank statements for all funds in foreign and local currencies
* Ensure all financial documents are electronically filed and submitted in a timely manner per Tetra Tech internal requirements
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or similar field
* Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an equivalent position. Experience with accounting software is preferred but not required. Experience working in a similar position for an NGO or an international organization is preferred. Experience with USAID-funded projects is a plus.
* Knowledge and understanding of Thai accounting rules and requirements. Good computer skills (MS Office). Able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing. Good interpersonal skills. Can work independently and as part of a team.
* Working knowledge of English, both written and spoken.
To be considered, please submit the following:
* Cover Letter
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Please ensure that only the requested documents noted above are submitted. Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Tetra Tech International Development is committed to safeguarding and technical excellence in equality and social inclusion. Our team of dedicated Gender, Youth, and Social Inclusion (GYSI) advisers work closely with our staff and partners to share international norms and best practices to improve the livelihoods of the world’s most marginalized groups. Tetra Tech International Development is especially interested in candidates that can contribute to our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) initiatives that aim to expand inclusion and an authentic sense of belonging to all our staff regardless of background.
We are dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please visit Tetra Tech’s Disability Assistance Page or contact our Global Talent Operations team. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 550 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees — 27,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action/Americans with Disabilities/Veterans employer.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: