Chief of Party, USAID/Ukraine New Transitional Justice and Human Rights Activity
IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information. Founded in 1968, IREX has an annual portfolio of over $100 million, offices in 20 countries, and a global staff of over 600. We work in more than 100 countries worldwide.
IREX seeks qualified Chief of Party (COP) candidates to lead an anticipated five-year USAID-funded New Transitional Justice and Human Rights Activity in Ukraine. The purpose of the activity is to advance victim-centered approaches to justice for war crimes and gross human rights violations committed during Russia’s full-scale war against Ukraine while promoting human rights domestically to further reintegration in newly liberated areas as well as European integration. Based in Kyiv, the Chief of Party will oversee all aspects of program implementation, providing vision to the program and ensuring that objectives are met on time and within budget.
This position is contingent on funding.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide strategic and technical leadership to the program.
- Serve as principal liaison with USAID, as well as with key government officials, other donors and implementers, private sector and civil society partners, program beneficiaries, and other stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain effective partnerships with local, regional, and international organizations active in the transitional justice and human rights space.
- Ensure program activities are implemented on schedule and within budget.
- Supervise, manage, and mentor program staff; lead recruitment of specialized technical staff; and work in close coordination with IREX’s home office.
- Oversee program budgeting, financial management, and compliance.
- Oversee monitoring, evaluation, and reporting of program activities.
- Represent IREX publicly and support its organizational development.
- Ensure that IREX’s safety and security policies and procedures are applied to all program and staff operations.
- Other duties, as assigned.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Advanced degree in a relevant field with at least 10 years of progressive international experience working in transitional justice, human rights, and rule of law; or a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field with at least 12 years of relevant experience.
- Successful track record of at least five (5) years supervising, designing, managing, and implementing complex donor-funded programs in conflict and post-conflict environments (with strong preference for past USAID-funded justice and accountability project management experience).
- Knowledge of related technical areas such as peacebuilding, conflict resolution, human rights documentation, investigation and prosecution of war crimes, trauma- and violence-informed care, IDP integration, and people-to-people activities.
- Strong understanding of the local context.
- Ability to establish productive relationships with senior government officials and justice sector actors; civic, media, and private sector leaders; international donors; and other stakeholders.
- Experience working effectively with local partners and empowering local leadership, preferably in Ukraine.
- Proven leadership qualities and excellent management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to track and manage budgets and plan both strategically and creatively to meet project objectives.
- Experience convening diverse stakeholders to address legal and institutional reforms.
- Experience working with private and public sector partners to leverage additional sources of funding to meet program objectives.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Strong representational and organizational skills.
- English language fluency is required, including the ability to provide written reporting in English; local language skills highly preferred.
Click on the link below to submit your CV along with a cover letter that summarizes your experience and includes your salary range requirements: https://irex.applytojob.com/apply/hmMFH4551h/Chief-Of-Party-USAIDUkraine-New-Transitional-Justice-And-Human-Rights-Activity