Local expert for development of concept on Logistics centres based on economic analysis (SSA)
Tajikistan pays a big attention to enhancing capacities of country in trade facilitation and export promotion. One of the State Programme on Export Development (SPED) objectives makes a reference on importance of setting up modern logistics centres, which in turn would contribute to other SPED objectives and enhance capacities in trade and transport areas. Logistics centres are the main link in the logistics chain for the delivery of goods, that offer complex technological operations involving goods processing/transport/forwarding, servicing vehicles and containers, as well as cargo clearing and related services (financial, insurance, etc.). With this aim the OSCE Programme Office in Dushanbe (POiD) upon request of the line structures – Export Promotion Agency and the Ministry of Transport will provide its support in developing a concept paper for implementing a feasibility assessment of establishing logistical centres in Tajikistan. The report shall provide relevant suggestions and key findings on type of centres and services that such centres could offer as well as on benefits they could bring to a certain region and overall to Tajik economy.
Objective of Assignment:
POiD plans to hire National Consultant to develop a concept paper on setting up logistics centers in Tajikistan. The concept paper shall focus at extent to which creation of logistics centers may have a positive effect on economy or a particular city or region.
Duration of Assignment:
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the POiD's Head, Economic and Environmental Department, a national consultant will perform the following tasks:
- Conduct regular meetings with respective state partners (also notifying the OSCE) to discuss next steps and expectations from the assessment;
- Analyse local existing environment in terms economic situation of regions and other relevant to logistics centre, to be included into the final report of assessment;
- Support an international expert in conducting an assessment on feasibility of creation of logistics centres for a particular city or region of Tajikistan and its economic and social benefits to national economy;
- Provide relevant recommendations where logistics centres can be created and which types of centres;
- Support an international expert with collecting other information needed for development of the concept;
- Present analysis and assessment to the Senior Management of state partners
- Other issues related to the economic component of logistics centres;
An expert will work remotely being in constant contact with the POiD/Economic Unit and international expert. Upon request, trips to a particular city or region of Tajikistan might take place.
- Assessment of regions of Tajikistan is conducted highlighting strengths and weaknesses for creation of logistics centres, types of logistics centres and its feasibility;
- Based on results of assessment provide recommendations how creation of logistics centres would contribute to development of region(s);
- Other relevant information for development of concept on logistics centres is collected and shared with the POiD and an international expert;
- Concept on logistics centres is developed and presented to partners
- University degree in economics, economic development or analyses, business development or related field;
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in the field of development of economy, business sector and/or assessment of economy;
- Experience in development of programmes, strategies and assessments;
- Knowledge of functions of Logistics centres and their benefits is a big asset;
- Professional fluency in the Tajik and Russian languages (knowledge of English is preferred), both oral and written.
- Demonstrated gender awareness and sensitivity, and an ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and activities;
- Ability and willingness to work as a member of team, with people of different cultural, and religious backgrounds, different gender, and diverse political views, while maintaining impartiality and objectivity;
- Computer literate with practical experience using Microsoft applications.
Remuneration will be based on the selected consultant's/expert's qualifications, experience, the tasks and deliverables for this position and in accordance with the OSCE established rates.
If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under https://vacancies.osce.org/.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise/re-post the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
Only those candidates who are selected to participate in the subsequent stages of recruitment will be contacted.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the Organization.
Candidates should be aware that OSCE officials shall conduct themselves at all times in a manner befitting the status of an international civil servant. This includes avoiding any action which may adversely reflect on the integrity, independence and impartiality of their position and function as officials of the OSCE. The OSCE is committed to applying the highest ethical standards in carrying out its mandate. For more information on the values set out in OSCE Competency Model, please see https://jobs.osce.org/resources/document/our-competency-model.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: