Job Position : Specialist
Sector/Theme : Governance & Health
Current Location : New Delhi
Appointment : Immediate Joining
Duration : 2 years (subject to renewal based on performance)
Since its inception in 2016, Transforming Rural India Foundation (TRI) has been deeply focused on an integrated approach to village development to accelerate mobility across all generations. We believe in bringing solutions through multi-sector changes through engaging community-based institutes like Self Help Groups (SHGs), Panchayati Raj Institutes (PRIs) and Front-Line Workers (FLWs) together to closely work with the government.
TRI works directly with more than one million people in 2000 villages across India’s poorest states and impacts close to over 60 million rural Indians through its formal engagement with governments at different levels.
For more information you may visit https://www.trif.in
Primary Role of the Position: This position will play a critical role in designing, delivering and monitoring of support architecture to strengthen three tier local governance system and its multi-sectoral planning and execution with special focus to health and its determinants for achieving the goals of localization of SDGs. Strengthening of System for Training and Capacity building of elected representatives and officials is one of the major focus of this role.
Strategic Planning & Policy Development
- Collaborate with the Ministry and the training and capacity building division in design, delivery and monitoring of participatory planning and capacity building initiatives aligning localizing of SDGs with specific focus to thematic areas like, Health, Nutrition and Gender Inclusive Panchayats
- Support in developing architecture for smooth roll-out of training and capacity building efforts aligning People’s Plan Campaign (PPC) and create process – protocols, related guidelines and operational frameworks for execution
- Explore innovations for system strengthening and facilitating PRI-CBO convergence, Policy Analysis, operational protocols and on-ground assessments
- Collaborate with national health authorities, relevant stakeholders, institutions to understand national agenda, priorities and align it with decentralization and local governance for integration with People Plan Campaign and local level planning
- Extend handholding support and strategic support to State teams for demonstrating quality planning and monitoring processes
Training & Capacity Building
- Facilitate in developing new age modules, digital platforms and related materials for the training and capacity building for PRIs and related stakeholders like SHGS and FLWs
- Engagement with national training institutions, academic institutions etc. for incorporating health and local governance related components in existing training modules and curricula
Tracking and Monitoring of Investments
- Facilitate developing a tracking system for tracking the investments vis-à-vis plans and formalize process-protocols for it – analysis and visualization of data for strengthening the process and outcome-oriented plans
- Undertake study on expenditure patterns of past years relevant to the needs of women and children related health outcomes
- Facilitate creating central level repository of all relevant materials of Training and Capacity building and develop system for the RLBs to access it smoothly
- Regularly collect data, conduct assessments, measure the impact initiatives and develop index to understand the level of knowledge, skills disseminated
Transparency & Reporting
- Maintain transparency by providing timely and accurate reports on activities, outcomes and challenges
- Sharing and publishing consolidated information for dissemination with the community, Panchayat representatives, and relevant government authorities to ensure accountability and build trust
Advocacy & Communication
- Advocate for additional resources and support from higher government levels or external funding sources when needed
- Effectively communicate the progress and success of initiatives to create awareness and garner support
- Understanding of local, state and national public health policies and frameworks
- Understanding of the specific planning processes and operationalization of large-scale Training and Capacity building programmes
- Familiarity with the structure, functions, and responsibilities of Panchayats, local government bodies, and their thematic areas, especially health and nutrition
- Proficiency in collecting, analysing, and interpreting data to assess the impact of health programs and make informed decisions.
- Knowledge of budgeting and financial management, including the allocation and effective use of funds for health projects
- Strong communication and advocacy skills to effectively convey the importance of public health initiatives to stakeholders and secure support
- Expertise in designing and conducting training programs to build the capacity of Panchayat representatives and community committees
- Understanding of cultural diversity and the ability to tailor health programmes and communication to the cultural and linguistic preferences of the community
Qualification / Work Experience:
- Post-graduate degree in Social Work / Public Policy / Rural Development / Health Management / Governance or related filed, with more than 10 years of experience
- Experience of working with national or state government departments – understanding of process procedure of government working
- Understanding of IT based modules and implementation and training and capacity building programmes for ERs
- Knowledge of central/state sponsored schemes, budgeting and financial processes
- Willingness to stay and travel in rural areas of India
- Excellent reading and writing skills in Hindi and English
To apply, kindly click on the link https://www.trif.in/careers/ . The deadline for submission of application is 01 Dec 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for further process.
Transforming Rural India Foundation (TRI) is an equal opportunity organization. Women candidates that had taken life cycle break are encouraged to apply.
Compensation shall commensurate with experience.
TRI expects the highest standards of professional practice in all its work and contact with people; and recognizes that `safeguarding’ is an organizational and an individual responsibility. It recognizes its responsibility and commitment to promote and ensure security, safety and wellbeing of people in its offices/work - spaces/locations and different work contexts.
Job offer made will be subject to a self-disclosure, satisfactory clearance and satisfactory verification of qualifications and work history.
Thank you for your valuable time and showing your interest in our organization!
This vacancy is now closed.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you:
However, we have found similar vacancies for you:
Mid level - P-4, International Professional - Internationally recruited position
MINUSMA - United Nations Multidimensional Integrated Stabilization Mission in Mali
Closing 1st of January
Mid level - Mid level
ACF - Action Against Hunger
Closing 31st of January
Mid level - S-2, Seconded Position - Open for OSCE's 57 participating States
OSCE - Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe
Closing 31st of December
Kos | Pristina
Mid level - Mid level
Closing 4th of April
Mid level - Manager - Internationally recruited position
BRC - British Red Cross
Closing 11th of July