Access to Finance Specialist
in two of the most vulnerable of the 20 districts covered by the activity—employ “graduation” approaches to assist the ultra-poor. These initiatives will incorporate conflict sensitivity, local leadership, climate change adaptation, and approaches inclusive of women, youth, the elderly, persons with disabilities, and indigenous groups.
Result 5 of the WFSRCA will ensure there is expanded access to financial resources for men and marginalized groups in the geographic selected areas by 1) Improving knowledge of financial management, 2) Increasing access to diversified types of financial services, and 3) Improving diversified on- and off-farm income. Result 5 is a cross-cutting element to all other Results in the contract.
The Access to Finance Senior Specialist will will have a key role in leading the design, implementation, adaptation, reporting, and learning of all Result 5 interventions, as well as advise other technical personnel on relevant cross-cutting interventions with the other Result areas. The Access to Finance Senior Specialist reports to the Cross Cutting Director.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the design and reporting of all Result 5 activities, to contribute to meeting WFSRCA performance targets under IR6 (i.e., via annual work planning, listening and pause and reflect sessions, and contractual reporting).
- Provide Result 5 supervision and technical support to local partners.
- Oversee the completion of technical deliverables and events related to Result 5.
- Coordinate with the Agriculture Livelihoods Lead, Deputy Chief of Party Technical, Cross-cutting Director, Implementation Director, and other Technical Leads to ensure the comprehensive integration of Result 5 components into WFSRCA programming.
- Support in the development or review of Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning indicators or activities, as they relate to Result 5.
- Engage with local communities and stakeholders to ensure project activities are responsive to their needs and priorities, while also maintaining conflict sensitivity in all stakeholder engagement processes.
- Other tasks, as assigned by supervisor, COP, or their designee.
- Advanced degree Finance, Economics, Business Administration, Accountancy, Development Studies, or related field.
- 9+ years of relevant professional experience. Experience with USAID or donor-funded water-related programs in Uganda preferred.
- Demonstrated skills working in the technical areas of access to finance opportunities and constraints in Uganda. Knowledge of Uganda business and economic environment, preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in training and capacity building of financial services providers, preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of USAID rules and regulations, preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively interact with local counterparts, grantees, USAID, international donors, private sector partners, and other key stakeholders.
- Professional proficiency in English is required, and proficiency in local languages is preferred.
The Access to Finance Senior Specialist will report to the Cross Cutting Director.
To apply, please use the following link - https://fs23.formsite.com/OLJTgx/wjsm4vyrye/index
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: