Senior Program Manager - Tuberculosis
New Delhi | Delhi
At Wadhwani AI, we use the power of modern artificial intelligence to help solve some of the most challenging problems in the world. We are looking for a candidate to join our team in Delhi in a full-time role, who can represent Wadhwani AI at national and international avenues as our resident expert in the field of tuberculosis epidemiology.
Location: New Delhi
Wadhwani AI is a nonprofit institute building and deploying applied AI solutions to solve critical issues in public health, agriculture, education, and urban development in underserved communities in the global south. We collaborate with governments, social sector organizations, academic and research institutions, and domain experts to identify real-world problems and develop practical AI solutions to tackle these issues to make a substantial positive impact.
We have over 30+ AI projects supported by leading philanthropies such as Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, USAID and Google.org. With a team of over 200 professionals, our expertise encompasses AI/ML research and innovation, software engineering, domain knowledge, design and user research.
In the Press:
Cultures page of Wadhwani AI - https://www.wadhwaniai.org/culture/
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Bring in domain and NTEP expertise in team discussions and project plans.
- Participate in and contribute to project planning, staffing, coordination, implementation, monitoring, and reporting.
- Implement project activities to ensure the delivery of objectives in a timely and quality fashion.
- Liaise with key stakeholders including project staff, external partners, CTD, and other relevant government health functionaries at field, district, and state levels.
- Serve as the primary day-to-day liaison between the TB program and staff and partners in selected geographies (both domestic and international).
- Assist supervisor in identifying critical issues, mitigation strategies, and potential impact on various responses.
- Work with staff from selected geographies to document activities and successes, and write abstracts, success stories, journal articles, and other materials to share achievements.
- Develop content for communications and external events, including blogs, case studies, policy reports, fact sheets or briefs, newsletters, and presentations.
- Lead the on-field implementation. AI-based research and solution deployment in selected geographies (both domestic and international) through field experiments, pilots, and scale-ups.
- Coordinate with and provide support to an internal team of AI researchers, data scientists, engineers, etc. for acquiring data as needed, liaising with government stakeholders, and conducting field research and field experimentations.
- Conduct supervision and monitoring of project activities to ensure cadence and delivery as per project work plans, timelines, resource allocations, and deliverable schedules through regular contact and coordination with relevant personnel.
- Conducting research, writing, and tracking proposals and business development opportunities for the WIAI TB Program within the domestic and international health ecosystem.
- Perform duties as assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
- An expert-level understanding of ground realities concerning awareness of current status and implementation challenges of relevant national public health program(s) related to TB and competence to manage field-level challenges concerning the deployment of AI solutions.
- Demonstrated ability for advocacy with a variety of stakeholders.
- The candidate is expected to have a thorough understanding of the technicalities of the relevant national health programs in which (s)he has worked.
- Relevant qualification from a recognized university in medicine (MBBS or AYUSH). Additional qualifications (MD, MPH, etc.) will be a plus.
- 10 years of relevant professional experience. Experience in supporting and implementing public health programs especially NTEP is required.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate (orally and in writing) complex issues in a concise, compelling, and easily understandable manner.
- Skilled in successfully working with geographically dispersed teams and working in a multicultural environment.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- A quick and comprehensive learner. An analytical mindset is a big plus.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize deadlines and work in fast-moving environments and teams, while maintaining accuracy.
- Ability to travel frequently.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: