Senior Financial Engineering Specialist
IDB3188 - Senior Financial Engineering Specialist
Job Purpose:Oversee the development and structuring of innovative financial products for the Bank’s financing, funding, and hedging activities.
Review the structure of IDB funding instruments and develop structures to meet the need of proper asset -liability management and liquidity management while remaining compliant with shariah principles. Support the needs of other units in the Bank for new financing product and structures. Support other functions of the Bank in structuring trust funds and other off-balance sheet funds in terms of resource mobilization mechanisms.
• Oversee the development and structuring of innovative financial products and solutions for the Bank in line with the financial strategies of the Bank to support its financial sustainability.
• Oversee the development of new financial products for the Bank's financing, funding, and hedging activities.
• Review and assess the Bank's needs for product development or new variants of existing asset-liability management products to serve its business needs.
• Review the structures of the Bank’s funding instruments such as the array of Sukuk structures employed by the Bank and develop structures where required to meet the need of proper asset-liability management and liquidity management whilst maintain compliance with shariah principles.
• Support the development of new mechanisms, where required, for the pricing structure of the Bank's financing products that meets the needs of financial management and shariah compliance issues.
• Support concerned functions in the development of new financing products and structures.
• Support other functions of the Bank in structuring trust funds and other of balance sheet funds in terms of resource mobilization mechanisms.
• Share knowledge and ideas with other units in the Bank responsible for development of the Islamic Finance Industry where there is mutual benefit served.
• Provide technical guidance to the lesser experienced team members and review their work.
• Monitor the effective implementation and adherence to respective financial management policies, procedures and controls so that all relevant procedural / regulatory requirements are fulfilled.
• Keep abreast of the latest developments, regulations and leading practices in the field and propose any necessary actions.
• Propose and implement process improvements to increase efficiency, effectiveness and compliance of the related operations.
Academic and Professional Qualifications:• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Financial Management, Investment, Banking, Economics, or related field.
• Minimum 8 years of experience in financial product development or related field and Shariah background on financial and economic transactions.
Skills & Necessary Knowledge:• Building Relationships
• Motivation to Learn and Share
• Passion for Excellence
• Analytical Thinking
• Problem Solving
• Financial Management
• Advanced knowledge of risk management, treasury function, and compliance
• Advanced knowledge of Statistical Analysis, Financial
• Modeling and Reporting
- English - Mandatory
- Arabic - Preferred
- French - Preferred
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: