Human Resource Total Rewards Director, World Vision USA
Remote | Remote - Based
World Vision US is hiring for a Human Resource Total Rewards Director
At a Glance
Role: Total Rewards Director
Reports to: Senior Vice President of Human Resources
Required Experience: Abachelor's degree, in business administration or related field or equivalent work experience (eight years). In addition to education or education equivalent, requires a minimum of 10 years of work experience in human resources, including a minimum of 5 years of experience leading total rewards programs for a mid-sized organization, with an emphasis on Compensation. Experience to include a minimum of 5 years of previous staff management. Knowledge of employee engagement programs, with a track record of designing and executing impactful programs. Intermediate to advance experience with all MS Office Suite and the ability to use excel to run various reports. Will be a working manager. The ability to do up to 25% domestic travel.
Salary Range: $117,200.00 - $197,028.55/annually. Applies to locations with a market similar to our U.S. HQ in the Greater Seattle area. A different range may apply based on your work location. Typical hiring range is $120,000 - $150,000 annually. Job offers within the range are based on relevant job qualifications and pay equity. See Salary Range & Benefits section below for more details on our compensation and benefits.
In this role, the Total Rewards Director will lead in the development of a comprehensive Total Rewards strategy in support of World Vision US’ business objectives. Responsible for the design, implementation, and ongoing evaluation of the organization’s compensation, benefits, performance management, and employee engagement programs. Ensure related policies and procedures align with organizational objectives and legal requirements. Help carry out our Christian organization’s mission, vision, and strategies. Personify the ministry of World Vision by witnessing to Christ and ministering to others through life, deed, word, and sign.
- Keep Christ central in individual and corporate life. Actively participate in and contribute to the spiritual disciplines of the organization (Christian conduct, devotions, chapel, prayer, worship); incorporate WV Core Values into decisions within scope of role.
- Lead the development and implementation of World Vision US’ Total Rewards strategy optimizing resources across the total rewards portfolio (compensation, benefits, development opportunities and performance management) for highest impact in attracting, retaining and engaging talent in a competitive environment.
- Communicate, educate and engage senior leadership on total rewards programs to senior leadership and manage and nurture effective business relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop new and enhance existing communication plans and resources designed to equip and assist employees and managers.
- Work in partnership with legal counsel, ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Continuously evaluate the effectiveness of World Vision US total rewards programs to ensure that they are aligned with business and talent strategies, and positively influence company culture and employee engagement.
- Ensure World Vision US total rewards strategy and programs continue to adapt to evolving market trends, business strategies and employee needs.
- Serve as a key member of the HR leadership team working in close partnership to lead a holistic talent strategy across the organization, connecting Total Rewards with talent acquisition, talent management, career mobility, learning and development.
- Hire, fire, train, counsel, evaluate, and recommend salary increases and promotions for those under direct supervision.
- Work collaboratively with team members when assigned to work as a member of a team.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Maintain awareness of corporate goals, objectives, organizational announcements, and activities. Reference and follow organizational policies and procedures, seeking clarity as needed.
Education and Experience:
A bachelor's degree, in business administration or related field or equivalent work experience (eight years). In addition to education or education equivalent, requires a minimum of 10 years of work experience in human resources, including a minimum of 5 years of experience leading total rewards programs for a mid-sized organization, with an emphasis on Compensation. Experience to include a minimum of 5 years of previous staff management. Knowledge of employee engagement programs, with a track record of designing and executing impactful programs. Intermediate to advance experience with all MS Office Suite and the ability to use excel to run various reports. Will be a working manager.The ability to do up to 25% domestic travel**.**
You Bring These Skills:
- Compensation and Rewards Focus: Has a broad understanding of the role compensation and rewards play and how to use these tools to recognize performance. Effectively communicates the intent and objectives of World Vision US compensation practices.
- Strategic Visionary Leadership: Takes a proactive, broad-based, long-term perspective and uses key trends to set direction. Maintains a realistic view of strengths, weaknesses, and industry trends. Initiates and articulates broad organizational strategies.
- Systemic Thinking: Demonstrates a comprehensive awareness of the impact and implications of decisions and actions on other units within one's own organization; considers interdependencies before acting**.**
- Employee Benefits Market Practices: Knows standard employee benefits terminology and concepts and understands general employee benefits market practices. Stays abreast of trends and changes in benefits.
- Compensation Market Practices: Knows standard employee and executive compensation terminology and concepts and understands general marketplace compensation practices. Stays abreast of trends and changes in compensation practices.
- Benefits Knowledge: Demonstrates knowledge of WVUS’ employee benefits package. Counsels’ employees on benefits issues/options.
Salary Range & Benefits
Your compensation and benefits are important to you so they’re important to us. The full range for this position is $117,200.00 - $197,028.55/year. This applies to locations with a market similar to our U.S. HQ in the Greater Seattle area. A different range may apply based on your work location. Typical hiring range is $120,000 - $150,000/year. Job offers within the range are based on relevant job qualifications and pay equity. In addition, we have a robust and comprehensive benefits package to round out our total compensation package. Click here to learn more. Additionally, merit, auto allowance, and relocation may be available to eligible employees based on existing plans.
About World Vision USA
When you work at World Vision, your passions and talents come together to meet the greatest needs in the world today. We're a global Christian humanitarian organization, and we partner with children, families, and their communities to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty and injustice. We empower people out of poverty. We're Christian and follow Jesus' example to show unconditional love to the poor and oppressed through serving every child we can regardless of faith. Are you feeling called to explore joining us? We hope so.
Apply online for our next World Vision US Total Rewards Director.
What happens next? We review applications nearly every day assessing strength of fit for the role. Sometimes questions arise on our end, so we message you to learn more. Our most valuable resource is our talented staff. Our goal is to fill this vacancy with the right person in the shortest amount of time, so we have all hands-on deck to move this important work forward.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: