Senior Trust Fund Management Specialist
IDB3016 - Senior Trust Fund Management Specialist
Job Purpose:To plan, review, assess, manage and coordinate approved Trust Funds Projects; work closely with donors, beneficiaries and other internal/external stakeholders to successfully implement identified projects; facilitate faster approval and implementation of emergency projects.
Key Accountabilities & Activities:
Strategic & Operational Planning:
• Provide support in developing Al-Aqsa (Palestine Trust Funds) strategies, policies, procedures and programs
• Contribute effectively to the development of the PTF Strategic Framework, and operational KPIs linked to PTF strategy.
• Contribute in the development and implementation of PTF policies, procedures and guidelines.
• Provide necessary assistance in the preparation of annual administrative budget for programs and activities identified to be financed by each Trust Fund.
Project Management and Implementation:
• Assess new projects proposals and determine whether such projects are suitable for funding as per trust funds guidelines, Aqsa Fund and IsDB’s guidelines, vision, mission and objectives.
• Manage the on-going projects to ensure that the work progress is following the agreed plan and the signed contract.
• Follow up with the concerned team internally for timely disbursements of funds.
• Provide necessary guidance on planning, implementation, reporting and closure.
• Assess various contracts, MOUs and other legal documents prepared during the project life cycle in coordination with other departments. • Improve projects portfolio management process, with the aim of maximizing value and successful implementation
• Provide advice and technical expertise on the design and implementation process of trust funds.
Project Communication and Coordination:
• Prepare periodic progress reports on projects performance to donors and Aqsa Fund management committee
• Follow up on projects performance by travelling to sensitive areas like West Bank and Gaza as and when required. And conducting Virtual Field visits when not possible to travel
• Supervise support staff and consultants in the field for timely and effective completion of projects.
• Identify the right tools, techniques, technologies and methodologies required for monitoring a running project.
• Ensure involvement of all necessary stakeholders in the assessment process of new projects.
• Represent IsDB at regional and international conferences, seminars, and workshops on development programs.
• Perform detailed analysis of an emergency request and ensure proper coordination with possible partners in emergency situations.
• Prepare detailed proposal memo for handling the emergency request.
• Assess the received proposals from implementation vendors for identifying the right partner for emergency projects.
• Track the progress of emergency operations, review and assess the submitted progress reports.
Knowledge Sharing & Innovation:
• Provide expertise and guidance to less experienced staff trust funds management techniques.
• Disseminate knowledge and technical information where and when needed.
• Prepare and present regular progress reports to keep the PTF seniors fully abreast of the latest developments in the business.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION & EXPERIENCE::
Academic and professional qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering. (Preferably Civil, Architecture, Industrial)
- Minimum 8 years of relevant experience, of which minimum of 4 years in a development sector.
- Demonstrated experience in managing development and relief programs/operations especially in areas impacted by conflict.
Skills & Necessary Knowledge:
• Demonstrated knowledge of the economic and social challenges in Palestine.
• Good relationship with different stakeholders in Palestine.
• Experience and knowledge of project fundraising and partnership with focus on trust funds and developmental endowments.
• Analytics on performance of funds and reports.
• Sound knowledge of operations including project cycle and project approval process of multilateral development banks.
• Ability to work in multi-cultural environment.
• Ability to present ideas and mobilize support around them.
• Ability to travel to the Palestinian territories on a frequent basis.
• Excellent computer skills with expertise on MS Office & SAP.
• Sound knowledge of banking activities, standards and procedures.
• Passion for Excellence.
• Problem Solving.
• Stakeholder Management.
• Strategic Planning.
• Country Portfolio Assessment.
• Economic Analysis and Assessment Fund Management.
• Fund Mobilization.
• Business Process Knowledge.
• Development Effectiveness.
- English - Mandatory
- Arabic - Mandatory
- French - Preferred
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: