Project Assistant (UN WOMEN) - Re-advertised
Brasília | Brazil
Re-Advertised: Those who previosly applied do not need to re-apply.
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
The UN Women Country Programme in Brazil is implemented in line with the national development priorities, as well as in the framework of the international commitments to gender equality and empowerment of women, as well as the UN frameworks and instruments on Human Right, of which Brazil is signatory, such as the CEDAW, CERD, Beijing Platform for Action, Durban Action Plan, Agenda 2030, as well as the UN Security Council Resolutions on Women, Peace and Security. It is aligned with the United Nations Sustainable Development Partnerships Framework.
The UN Women Country Office in Brazil focuses on three key areas:
- Women lead, participate in, and benefit equally from governance systems
- Women have income security, decent work, and economic autonomy
- All women and girls live a life free from all forms of violence
UN Women also coordinates and promotes the UN system’s work in advancing gender equality. As part of the United Nations Country Team, leads the Inter-Agency Thematic Group on Gender, Race and Ethnicity, and actively contributes to the other UN inter-agency mechanisms.
Reporting to the Programme/Project Manager, the Project Assistant works with and provides support to the formulation, implementation and management of Organizational Effectiveness and Efficiency (OEE) projects consistent with UN Women rules and regulations. The Project Assistant provides programme, administrative, and logistical assistance to the Project team for the smooth project implementation.
Duties and Responsibilities
Provide administrative and logistical support to the formulation, implementation and management of OEEF projects
- Provide administrative support in the preparation of project work plans, budgets, and proposals on project implementation arrangements, including tracking the delivery of funds;
- Provide administrative support in the preparation of procurement, recruitment and payment documents;
- Provide administrative support in the monitoring of contracts, processes and workflows through completion;
- Provide administrative support to the executing agencies / responsible parties on routine delivery and reporting of project supported activities and finances, when needed;
- Provide administrative support for the audit of programmes/ projects and support implementation of audit recommendations;
- Identify sources, and gather and compile data and information for the preparation of documents, guidelines, speeches and position papers, in collaboration with the Project team.
Provide administrative support to the financial management of OEEF projects
- Create projects in Quantum system, prepare budget revisions, revise project awards and status; and determine unutilized funds and the operational and financial close of a project;
- Provide administrative support in monitoring and preparation of budget and the finances of programmes / projects, and in the preparation of FACE forms;
- Prepare non-PO vouchers for development projects;
- Process payment for consultants, as delegated;
- Create requisitions in Quantum system for development projects; register good receipts in Quantum system.
Provide administrative support to OEEF projects
- Undertake all logistical, administrative and financial arrangements for organization for meetings, workshops, events, and missions;
- Make travel arrangements for the Project team, including travel requisitions and claims;
- Draft minutes in meetings, as delegated;
- Assemble briefing materials and prepare power-point and other presentations, in collaboration with the Project team;
- Organize and coordinate filing of documents; maintain mailing lists;
- Act as Asset Focal Point.
Provide administrative support to resource mobilization
- Organize, compile, and process documentation and information from donors, and programme team as inputs to various databases and documents.
Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Provide administrative support to the organization of training for the office staff and partners on programme and operations related issues.
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
- Knowledge of project management;
- Ability to create, edit and present information in clear and presentable formats;
- Ability to manage data, documents, correspondence and reports information and workflow;
- Good financial and budgeting skills;
- Good IT skills.
Required Skills and Experience
Education and certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Public Administration, Finance, Economics or related field is required, or additional 3 years of relevant experience to the post, beyond the requirement.
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience in administrative or programme management/support;
- Experience in working in a computer environment using multiple office software packages;
- Experience in the use of ERP systems, preferably Oracle Cloud, is desirable;
- Experience in supporting a team is an asset.
- Fluency in English and Portuguese is required;
- Knowledge of Spanish is desirable.
At UN Women, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment of mutual respect. UN Women recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, ability, national origin, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, competence, integrity and organizational need.
If you need any reasonable accommodation to support your participation in the recruitment and selection process, please include this information in your application.
UN Women has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UN Women, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to UN Women’s policies and procedures and the standards of conduct expected of UN Women personnel and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. (Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.)
** PARA VALIDAR SUA CANDIDATURA PREENCHA O (O DOCUMENTO PODE SER APRESENTADO EM PORTUGUÊS), E ENVIE ATRAVÉS DO ÍCONE "UPLOAD CV". ***. O DOCUMENTO PODE SER OBTIDO ATRAVÉS DO .
A estação de trabalho pode ser alterada dependento das condições da pandemia no Brasil naquele momento.
Podem se candidatar ao processo pessoas de nacionalidade brasileira ou outros legalmente autorizados a trabalhar no Brasil.
Para este cargo, o candidato deve ter inscrição no Instituto Nacional de Seguro Social (INSS).
Para terem candidaturas válidas a este processo, os candidatos deverão submeter o do PNUD/ONU MULHERES devidamente preenchido;
Apenas as candidaturas cadastradas no site do PNUD (www.pnud.org.br), no link “Oportunidades” - “APPLY NOW”, tendo o devidamente preenchido e enviado dentro do prazo, serão examinadas.
Não serão emitidos recibos individuais de confirmação da candidatura devido ao volume de candidaturas.
O PNUD está empenhado em garantir a diversidade da força de trabalho em termos de nacionalidade, gênero, raça e cultura. Os indivíduos pertencentes a grupos indígenas e pessoas com deficiência são igualmente incentivados a se candidatar. Todas as candidaturas serão tratadas com sigilo.
Devido ao grande volume de candidaturas recebidas, apenas os candidatos pré-selecionados serão contatados.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: