Monitoring and Evaluation Executive, Project Mesha
motihari | east champaran | bihar
Monitoring and Evaluation Executive, Project Mesha
Motihari, East Champaran, Bihar
Coordinator(Outreach and Scale-up) – Project Mesha
Full-Time Employment Contract till December 2024
TheAgaKhanFoundation(AKF)bringstogetherhuman,financialandtechnicalresourcestoaddresssome ofthechallengesfacedbythepoorestandmostmarginalizedcommunitiesintheworld.Specialemphasis isplacedoninvestinginhumanpotential,expandingopportunityandimprovingtheoverallqualityoflife, especiallyforwomenandgirls.TheFoundationprimarilyworksacrosssixthematicareas-agricultureand food security, economic inclusion, education, early childhood development, health and nutrition, and the strengthening of community institutions to lead development interventions. AKF is a member of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), a group of 11 development agencies addressing the needs of poor and marginalized communities in more than thirty countries where it operates.
Supportedby the Bill andMelindaGates Foundation,AKF(India) is implementing anambitious program indistrictMuzaffarpur,Bihar,totransformandimprovethequalityoflifeoflandlessandmarginalfarming households through improvements in small ruminant production, increasing and strengthening the role of women in the small ruminant value chain, and demonstrating an implementation model that can be expandedatsignificantscale throughpublicinvestment.ProjectMesha,astheinitiativeiscalled,proposes to work directly with over 50,000 women SHG members in four blocks of district Muzaffarpur, and demonstrateproofofconceptofamodelforsmallruminantdevelopment,povertyreductionandwomen’s empowerment.Inaddition,ProjectMeshaisalsosupportingthestaterurallivelihoodsmission(JEEViKA) for scaling up Project Mesha approaches in three additional blocks in district Muzzafarpur (Minapur, Motipur and Paro blocks) benefiting an additional 20,000 women SHG members. In collaboration with JEEViKA, AKF will also support the scaling-up of Project Mesha approaches across 20 districts in the state.
The Foundation is seeking to recruit an articulate, dynamic, enthusiastic and entrepreneurial MonitoringandEvaluationExecutive to coordinate and implement MonitoringandEvaluation(M&E), knowledge management and learning interventions as part of the replication andscale-up ofProject Mesha approachesat the district cluster level,workingin collaboration with JEEViKA. The position will be responsible for ensuring timely collation and sharing of monthly reportsfromallthedistrictsoftheclusterincoordinationwiththedistrictlevelMISstaffofJEEViKAand will also facilitate planned evaluations of project interventions across the cluster of districts.
- Ensure periodic and timely reporting of project activities working closely with JEEViKA MIS staff
- Coordinate and support monitoring activities through field visits and project evaluations ensuring adherence to all agreed field protocols and planning (as per the evaluation/study design)
- Coordinate and ensure logistical support (in terms of identifying villages, households etc.) and any other support required for project evaluations/studies in consultation with the JEEViKA district nodal person
- Ensure field level support in carrying out external evaluations and surveys across all the districts of the cluster
- Support Pashu Sakhis on all data collection templates in coordination with JEEViKA team
- Collate and report pre- and post-training assessment data of the Pashu Sakhis and JEEViKA staff (including Training of Trainers) before and after completion of their respective trainings
- Ensure timely data collection and reporting on incomes and services delivered by Pashu Sakhis to the goat rearers in coordination with JEEViKA
- Create a database of goat rearers and Pashu Sakhi profile and regularly update on new enrolments
- Support JEEViKA MIS staff for training and capacity building of Pashu Sakhis on online data collection through mobile or tab
- Through regular interaction with the trained Pashu Sakhis, track the income earned and any challenges faced by them in developing as an entreprenuerial cadre providing fee based services at the village level
- Conduct periodic verification and validation of the data collected from the field on a sample basis in coordination with the JEEViKA team under the guidance of the Programme Officer-M&E, Project Mesha
- Review all the data received from the field before sharing with the MIS Officer, Project Mesha
- Document and report case studies, lessons learned and best practices across all the districts in the cluster
- Submit a monthly report of activities undertaken, adequately detailing challenges faced, and corrective action taken, and submit a plan for the following month
- Carry out any other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by the organization from time to time
- Atleast3years’relevantexperienceinprojectmonitoring&evaluationanddatabasemanagementwith leading NGOs or Government programmes
- Preference will be given to candidates having a high degree of computer literacy and experience ofworking on livelihood projects
- Musthaveexcellentanalyticalandinterpersonalskillsalongwithstrongorganizational ability
- ExcellentdocumentationandcommunicationskillsEnglishandHindi(bothwrittenandverbal)is desirable
- Willingnesstotravelwithinandoutsidethedistrict;thispositionwillrequireextensive(50-60%)field travel
TheAgaKhanFoundationiscommittedtotheprinciplesofequalopportunityandwillstrivetoensurethat all job applicants, staff and volunteers, do not suffer negative discrimination on the basis of their religion, race, caste, color, nationality, social class, sex, place of birth, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, HIV status, age etc. or any combination of these.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: