Moldova: Country Project Development Volunteer – Chisinau
Volunteering | 6 months | January 2024
For the past 30 years, international NGO Acted has been going the last mile to save lives. Currently, Acted supports 20 million people across 43 countries to meet their needs in hard-to-reach areas – and pursues a triple mandate as a humanitarian, environmental and development aid actor. Acted relies on an in-depth knowledge of local territories and contexts to develop and implement relevant long-term actions, with a wide range of local and international partners, building together a “3ZERO” world: Zero Exclusion, Zero Carbon, Zero Poverty
As of February 24th, 2022, Acted deployed an emergency team in Moldova to support people who were affected by the conflict in Ukraine and had to cross the border.
Since then, Acted Moldova has developed to support all the most vulnerable and marginalized population of the country (refugees, stateless and Moldovan).
As UNHCR main implementing partner Acted is still in charge of:
- Transportation from the borders to several destinations in Moldova.
- Organizing site management support activities including infrastructure, distribution, coordination and information management in all Moldova’s RACs.
- Deploying a team of case workers around the country to ensure proper case management is delivered and the most vulnerable individuals are supported.
- Implementing Cash for Rent assistance to support refugee in mid-long terms accommodation and support the governement and the UN exit strategy.
To anticipate and support Moldova as a whole, Acted started implementing in 2023 Disaster Risk Reduction programming targeting Moldovan CSO and private sector in order to improve the country self-resilience.
In addition, and seeing the dire needs in Moldova Acted is developing 5 main pillars of activities which will cover both Moldovan and refugee:
- Infrastructure and shelter
- Protection and Civil Society
- Disaster Risk Reduction
- Waste and Ressource Management
- Socio – Economical development of rural areas
You will be in charge of
The Project Development Volunteer (PDV) ensures proper grant management by developing qualitative project progress reports in compliance with donors’ rules. The PDV facilitates smooth internal communication and coordination with relevant departments and contributes to Acted external communication strategy. The PDV contributes to fundraising efforts by participating in the development of project proposals in line with Acted ’s global and in-country programme strategy.
Expected skills and qualifications
- Master Level education in a relevant field such as International Relations, Development or Political Science;
- Previous related work experience, with knowledge of proposal writing and reporting;
- Familiarity with the project cycle;
- Excellent writing and communication skills;
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure and to manage multiple tasks;
- Good team spirit and ability to work with diverse profiles.
- 300 USD per month living allowance
- Coverage of all accommodation, guesthouse, food, and travel costs, a luggage allowance of 50 kg
- The provision of medical, repatriation, and life insurance.
- One week pre-departure training in Acted HQ, including a 4-days in situ security training
- Psychological assistance
Please send your application (CV and letter of motivation) by email (email@example.com), including the reference: PDV/MOL
Please note that Acted will never charge a fee for the recruitment process.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: