Project Manager, specialist in Agriculture and food security (m/f/d), Gaziantep, Turkey
Through a collaboration with GOPA Middle East, the SRTF seeks to hire motivated, self-driven individuals to fulfil leading roles of Project Manager, specialist in Agriculture and food security (m/f/d)
The Syria Recovery Trust Fund (SRTF) was established for the financing of reconstruction activities to rebuild the country and alleviate the suffering of the Syrian people as a result of the on-going conflict. The SRTF was created to provide the international community with a vehicle to offer financial support to the National Coalition for responding to the needs of the Syrian people.
The Management Unit (MU) was established to manage the Fund and its allocations to projects addressing reconstruction, recovery, and stabilization to alleviate the suffering of the Syrian people.
The governing bodies of SRTF are:
• The Steering Board (SB), with frequent meetings two times a year.
• The Management Committee (MC), meets every three months.
• The Director General of SRTF (DG).
1. Key Responsibilities
Note: The specific role being sought is a Project Manager focused on the agriculture and food security sector. Nevertheless, candidates with project management expertise in different sectors or an engineering background could be considered as a viable alternative and potentially preferred if they possess substantial management experience.
Key responsibilities of the Project/s Manager include but are not limited to the following:
1.1 Needs and Stakeholder Assessments and Baseline Surveys
The PM is required to undertake demands-based needs and stakeholder assessment, as requested by the SRTF Program Unit, including meeting various potential implementation partners and local community stakeholders, as part of determining local needs and ensuring stakeholder participation from the onset of the pre-project conceptualization stage.
The PM would always be in Methodology, understanding and preparing comprehensive plans, time schedules, and task priorities.
1.2 Project Concept and Proposals Papers
The PM is responsible for orienting the potential implementing entity(s) in the use of project concept paper template by explaining in detail the definition and meaning of the content within the various parts of the Project Concept Paper template.
Furthermore, the PM should be available to the implementing entity for follow-up and provision of technical advice on completing the template form according to the SRTF requirements. The PM is expected on a per-needs basis to ensure timely feedback from the MU is transmitted to the potential implementing entity in Syria.
The Project Manager is anticipated to assist in creating a range of measurable project metrics, encompassing outputs, outcomes, and results, while also submitting project deliverables and ensuring their compliance with both timeline and quality benchmarks.
1.4 Finance Agreement
The PM is expected to carefully review content and provide advisory feedback based on due diligence to inform the Management Unit of any potential concerns related to the technical and financial content of the proposed Finance Agreement by the implementing entity.
The PM is expected to assist with collecting and collating information on the implemented projects at the various stages of the project, as well as at the completion and closing of the project.
The PM will report directly to the PSH of the Management Unit. The PM will deliver frequent or specific reports due to regulation by the PSH. The PM is expected to contribute to the content of the SRTF quarterly or annual reporting requirements or as needed throughout preparing status reports by gathering, analyzing, and summarizing relevant information.
Coordinating with cross-discipline team members to make sure that all parties are on track with project requirements, deadlines, and schedules and meeting with project team members to identify and resolve issues
1.8 Source of information and reference point
The PM is expected to act as a source of information and reference point on the subject of his/her expertise and respond to the information needs of the SRTF stakeholders.
1.9 Any other tasks
The PM is expected to fulfill any other tasks as assigned by his/her immediate supervisor.
The workstation is in Gaziantep City, Turkey. The assignment requires the ability and readiness to work in an off-capital environment and the ability and readiness to travel frequently, including field trips to Syria if and when the security situation allows.
2. Specific Responsibilities
The PM is expected to
- Cooperate closely with the Program Section Head and other coworkers.
- Provide substantial evidence-based technical advice and guidance related to project issues and keep himself abreast with the subject matter in a Syrian Context.
- Advise and guide counterparts providing capacity development support in the formulation of Multi Sectors Project Concept Notes and Project Proposal Development.
- Assess actual needs for emergency and rehabilitation measures from local and regional sources based on incoming information.
- Identify criteria for evaluation, prioritization, and budgeting of the projects.
- Review and evaluate incoming requests and project proposals for emergency and rehabilitation measures.
- On request, represent SRTF-MU at meetings with other stakeholders.
- Identify technical criteria for tender evaluations.
- Respond to contractor questions.
- Identification of products, services, technology potential suppliers
Identification of potential partners, suppliers, contractors
Supervise the implementation of projects.
- Execute any other task required by the team leader
- Advanced university degree in Engineering or Agronomy. A diploma, besides a greater number of years of experience, would also be considered acceptable.
- Professional accreditation from a recognized education institution;
- A minimum of 10 years of professional experience in project management.
- At least 5 years of work experience in key management posts in multi-discipline projects, including contracts management and institutional capacity building;
- Computer literacy in Microsoft applications (word, excel, PowerPoint, outlook applications and recent state-of-the-art communication applications) is a must;
- Excellent proficiency in Arabic and English is required;
- Working knowledge of any language spoken in the Middle East region countries shall be positively considered.
- Practical knowledge in project implementation and in-depth understanding of countries in-conflict or post-conflict environment;
- Professionalism, integrity and commitment to assigned tasks and duties;
- Expertise in planning, management and mobilization of resources in the introduction and application of technologies in rural communities;
- Understanding and use of project applications which are closely linked with environmental management, community development, gender equality, social dimensions and private sector development.
- Expertise in integrated and multifaceted projects, with several components designed to reinforce each other and meet or contribute to essential needs such as health, shelter, nutrition, income generation, or energy;
- Understanding and sound judgment in multi-cultural workspace;
Versatile capacity to deal in situations of challenging physical environment;
Good communication skills and ability to negotiate and report on project issues.
- Knowledge and understanding of risk factors associated with project implementation in challenging environments and capacity to identify solutions against or minimize the effect of such factors and events;
- Ability to communicate, motivate, manage and coordinate project assignments in order to deliver quality work and meet tight schedules under stressful environment, and a varied cultural context;
- Capacity to establish priorities, address project issues and needs of project within the overall focus of the scope of works for recovery, relief and reconstruction;
- Demonstrate trust and confidence in team-work and provide timely response to stakeholders’ needs.
The PM will be reporting to the Recovery Program Section Head.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Achieving our mission begins with how we build our team and work together. Through our commitment to enriching our organization with people of different origins, beliefs, backgrounds, and ways of thinking, we are better able to leverage the collective power of our teams and solve the world’s most complex challenges. We strive for a culture of trust and respect, where everyone contributes their perspectives and authentic selves, reaches their potential as individuals and teams, and collaborates to do the best work of their lives.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are committed to providing an environment of respect and psychological safety where equal employment opportunities are available to all. We do not engage in or tolerate discrimination based on race, color, gender, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, or any other protected group in the locations where we work.
Ethics. Team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and GOPA/ SRTF Project policies, procedures, values all the time and in all in-country venues.
GOPA/ SRTF Project has the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with GOPA/ SRTF Project at the same grade level and with similar job descriptions, experience, and educational requirements.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOPA/ SRTF Project reserves the right to amend this document.
If you are interested in the assigned position, please send your application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, the position to be used in the email subject. The application should include the following documents and information:
Your CV in English language, EU-format preferred;
A list of reference persons with contact details, if not included in the CV already.
Candidates who are considered for further evaluation and for recommendation to the client will be notified.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: