ICT Infrastructure Team Leader
- Noumea-based position
- Attractive expatriate package
- Join the principal development organisation in the region
The Pacific Community (SPC) is the principal scientific and technical organisation in the Pacific region, supporting development since 1947. We are an international development organisation owned and governed by our 27 country and territory members. In pursuit of sustainable development to benefit Pacific people, our unique organisation works across more than 25 sectors. We are known for our knowledge and innovation in such areas as fisheries science, public health surveillance, geoscience, and conservation of plant genetic resources for food and agriculture.
The Operations and Management Directorate (OMD) provides corporate services to all SPC Divisions and Programmes. It consists of three key departments: Finance, Human Resources and Information Services. OMD is focused on improving the effectiveness of systems, policies and management to provide high-quality customer-oriented services.
The role – the ICT Infrastructure Team Leader will be responsible for leading and managing a team of infrastructure specialists that implement and provide support for the organisation’s ICT infrastructure. The role oversees overall day to day operations of the infrastructure team to ensure availability, optimal performance and collaboration with other teams to support business objectives.
The key responsibilities of the role include the following:
Lead the Administration, Maintenance and Support of SPC ICT Infrastructure
- Lead, support and supervise the team providing operational support, maintenance, monitoring and management of all ICT systems (desktop environment, server, networking and storage infrastructure).
- Ensure regular updating and maintenance of routine backup systems and procedures.
- Monitor the corporate ServiceDesk to identify emerging issues.
- Liaise with ICT Teams to ensure the Support Teams are informed and up to date.
- Manage vendor relationships, contracts, service level agreements and compliance relating to procurement of goods and services.
- Generate reports and provide regular updates to management on infrastructure performance.
Provide technical leadership in ICT systems infrastructure related discipline(s).
- Participate in the development, preparation and delivery of training opportunities to enhance the knowledge and efficiency of SPC ICT Technical staff.
- Ensuring that all Systems Administrators are compliant with current change and problem management policies.
- Provide specialist knowledge relating to ICT with key internal and external stakeholders to maintain existing systems and ICT infrastructure.
- Actively contribute to and support the development of the ICT Strategic Plan.
Identify and mitigate ICT operational risks (within known resource constraints) of SPC systems and networks.
- Assist in the establishment and maintenance of security, integrity and business continuity controls and documentation.
- Ensure regular updating and testing of disaster recovery procedures.
- Ensure there are risk mitigation strategies in place for all IT infrastructure/systems, ensuring business continuity in the event of a disaster.
Participation in Infrastructure Design and Implementation of technology solutions
- Defines scope, plans and produces deliverables for assigned projects in collaboration with other ICT Teams.
- Identifies and documents detailed business and system requirements for assigned projects. Collaborates with senior ICT staff to ensure plans and identified solutions meet needs and expectations.
- Ensure that supporting processes are documented and stored in a central location.
- Maintain accurate documentation on project implementations and closure reports.
- Providing input into development of ICT related policies.
Implementation, operational support, monitoring and optimization of ICT infrastructure systems.
- Implements approved ICT solution designs in collaboration with other ICT Teams.
- Performs analysis and review of implemented systems and develops, tests and implements performance tuning and optimization.
- Design, develop, test and implement systems management tools and automation tools which enable efficiencies in operational support of ICT infrastructure systems.
- Ensure that process documentation are current.
People Management, coaching and mentoring a team of infrastructure professionals to foster a cohesive work environment.
- Coordinate management of direct reporting staff to achieve the goals set during annual planning meetings. Oversee work and conduct annual job performance evaluations for those staff under his/her responsibility.
- Assess staff skills and discuss their training needs with the Department head in line with the annual objectives and overall Division strategic plan.
- Ensure Coordination with ICT suppliers and vendors to ensure agreed upon service level agreements are met and adhered to.
- Ensure contractors and consultants are managed in line with network security policies.
For a more detailed account of the key responsibilities, please refer to the online job description.
Key selection criteria
- Specialized Degree in computer Science, IT or related field.
- More than 7 years’ experience in the use of corporate system backup and recovery solutions.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in managing a technical team of experts in a multi-cultural and/or multi-lingual environment.
- More than 3 years’ experience with Microsoft office 365 as an administrator.
- More than 7 years’ experience in medium-sized LAN and WAN environments running Microsoft Windows Server technologies, IIS, System Centre, AD as well as Linux Servers (Ubuntu, CentOS).
- Proven work experience with an ITSM solution, experience with ServiceNow a plus.
- Proven work experience with Microsoft Windows 10 desktop, Linux (CentOS), and Mac OS X operating systems.
- Practical work experience in ICT Security and Identity Management (Okta).
- Practical work experience in the installation, configuration and deployment of network routers and switches (Cisco, HP).
- Demonstrated ability in the provision of user training and support, particularly for SPC standard office automation and customised applications.
- Experience in good customer care, with additional focus on the support of remote users and logistical arrangements, which are common in small Pacific Island countries.
- Excellent command of English or French.
Interpersonal skills and cultural awareness
- Knowledge of Pacific Island countries and territories is an advantage.
Salary, terms and conditions
Contract Duration – This vacant position is budgeted for 3 years and is subject to renewal depending on funding and performance.
Remuneration – the ICT Infrastructure Team Leader is a Band 11 position in SPC’s 2023 salary scale, with a starting salary range of SDR (special drawing rights) 4,206-5,161 per month, which converts to approximately XPF 637,132-781,844 (USD 5,636-6,916; EUR 5,339-6,552). An offer of appointment for an initial contract will normally be made in the lower half of this range, with due consideration being given to experience and qualifications. Progression within the salary scale is based on annual performance reviews. SPC salaries are not presently subject to income tax in New Caledonia.
Benefits for international staff employees based in New Caledonia – SPC provides subsidised housing in Noumea. Establishment and repatriation grant, removal expenses, airfares, home leave travel, health and life and disability insurances and education allowances are available for eligible employees and their eligible dependents. Employees are entitled to 25 working days of annual leave per annum and other types of leave, and access to SPC’s Provident Fund (contributing 8 % of salary, to which SPC adds a matching contribution).
Languages – SPC’s working languages are English and French.
Recruitment principles – SPC’s recruitment is based on merit and fairness, and candidates are competing in a selection process that is fair, transparent and non-discriminatory. SPC is an equal-opportunity employer, and is committed to cultural and gender diversity, including bilinguism, and will seek to attract and appoint candidates who respect these values. Due attention is given to gender equity and the maintenance of strong representation from Pacific Island professionals. If two interviewed candidates are ranked equal by the selection panel, preference will begiven to the Pacific Islander. Applicants will be assured of complete confidentiality in line with SPC’s private policy.
Closing date: 17 December 2023 – 11:00 pm (Noumea time)
Job Reference: CR000150
Applicants must apply online at http://careers.spc.int/
Hard copies of applications will not be accepted.
For your application to be considered, you must provide us with:
- an updated resume with contact details for three professional referees
- a cover letter detailing your skills, experience and interest in this position
- responses to all screening questions
Your application will be considered incomplete and will not be reviewed at shortlisting stage if all the above documents are not provided. Applicants should not attach copies of qualifications or letters of reference. Please ensure your documents are in Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF format.
SPC does not charge a fee to consider your application and will never ask for your banking or financial information during the recruitment process.
Screening questions (maximum of 2,000 characters per question):
- Please describe your level of experience with implementing ICT related Infrastructure projects for example Traditional , HCI, Cloud or networking Infrastructure ) and the role you played in these projects.
- Describe your level of experience (with examples) in managing a small sized technical team and collaborating various other technical and project teams (geographically dispersed) to ensure effective and efficient infrastructure implementation and support.
- Describe proactive approaches used to ensure maximum infrastructure availability and examples of tools/processes used.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: