Learning and Development Lead
Are you a Korean national? On behalf of several participating organizations, Impactpool seeks Korean nationals for our upcoming Virtual Career Fairs for:
Asia-Pacific Event: Register here
Learning and Development Lead
- Grade: CF5
THE OECD – Who we are, what we do
The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) is an international organisation comprised of 38 member countries, that works to build better policies for better lives. Our mission is to promote policies that will improve the economic and social well-being of people around the world. Together with governments, policy makers and citizens, we work on establishing evidence-based international standards, and finding solutions to a range of social, economic and environmental challenges. From improving economic performance and creating jobs to fostering strong education and fighting international tax evasion, we provide a unique forum and knowledge hub for data and analysis, exchange of experiences, best-practice sharing, and advice on public policies and international standard-setting.
THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTORATE (EXD)
The Executive Directorate (EXD) is the steward of OECD resources, on behalf of the Secretary-General. Our focus is on people and their wellbeing; the effective and efficient management of the budget; the safety and security of staff, Delegations, visitors, and of the OECD’s data; maintaining and sustaining physical and digital infrastructure; and enabling the convening power of the OECD through conferences, meetings and events, whether virtual, physical or hybrid. As well as providing corporate services, functions and management support to our staff and Members, we provide integrated, strategic and expert advice on corporate policies and management issues to the Secretary-General, to Council and to Standing Committees, to which we regularly report on corporate matters. We also provide compliance and risk management functions (for management areas under our purview). Ours is a fast-paced environment focused on delivering management excellence across all of our functions.
THE HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT SERVICE (EXD/HRM)
Within the OECD’s Executive Directorate (EXD), the Human Resource Management Service (HRM) is responsible for providing stewardship of the Organisation’s human capital on behalf of the Secretary-General. Overseeing three divisions (HR Operations, the Client Services Group and the Talent Management and Analytics Group). The Talent Management and Analytics Group (TMA) develops, implements and supports a variety of human capital projects for the Organisation’s workforce. The division ensures that business processes and tools are up-to-scratch and provides data-driven solutions to help build diverse, inclusive and effective teams. TMA also manages the OECD’s learning and development initiatives and runs several programmes aimed at ensuring the OECD attracts outstanding talent from interns right up to senior managers.
EXD/HRM is looking for a Learning and Development Lead to play a key role in the development and implementation of forward looking Talent Management initiatives, with a main focus on Learning and Development. The Learning and Development Lead will report directly to the Head of TMA.
Learning and Development
- Develop and execute a learning and development strategy aligned with the OECD's HR strategy and broader organisational goals.
- Collaborating with clients to design and develop leadership and management programs, workshops, and initiatives tailored to different audiences.
- Ensure forward looking planning of the learning resources and management of the budget allocated for learning and development programs to ensure optimal resource allocation.
- Oversee the delivery of OECD’s executive coaching and leadership programmes.
- Manage the relationship with L&D service providers including management of call for tenders and other procurement processes.
- Create KPIs, design and track learning dashboards that provide insights on L&D activities that support Directorate and organisational decision making.
Innovation in Talent Management:
- Pilot new technology solutions and practices in the areas of Performance, Learning & Development, and Organisational Culture, including but not limited to artificial intelligence approaches.
- Keeping abreast of the trends and market developments in the field of adult learning & education through applied research, conducting experiments and presenting results to senior management.
- Continuously refine and update training offering to align with evolving business needs and industry trends.
Supervision and Coordination
- Manage 3 full-time staff with various skill sets to deliver common standards of services to the Organisation.
- Partner with relevant internal stakeholders to communicate and roll-out learning initiatives. Work closely with other teams within EXD/HRM and Directorates in terms of supporting the deployment of broader talent initiatives across the OECD, this will include ongoing learning and talent programmes coherent with ongoing HR reforms of the OECD Employee Value Proposition.
- Represent the work of TMA for both internal and external stakeholders as requested.
- Advanced university degree in the field related to the Organisational Development such as Business Administration, Education, Human Resources or Organisational Psychology.
- At least 5 years professional experience in developing and launching effective tools and practices in leadership and organisational development in an international and cross-cultural setting.
- Experience managing a team, demonstrating leadership and coaching skills.
- Strong project and budget management skills, including the ability to plan, execute, and evaluate learning initiatives.
- Proven track record of demonstrating intellectual rigour and curiosity to accurately assess issues and seek solutions that are efficient and effective under different business environments.
- Proven experience in crafting and delivering effective messages to various stakeholders for their engagement with new tools and practices.
- Proven track record in guiding, managing and developing staff members with varying backgrounds and career objectives.
- Familiarity with commonly used leadership development tools such as those related to executive coaching, developmental assessments and 360 evaluations.
- Awareness of industry trends and best practices in the Learning and Organisational Development Domain.
- Proficiency in the use of standard software applications (MS Office).
- Sound knowledge of the Organisation’s HR Information systems (SAP) and experience with learning management systems (LMS) and other training technology tools.
- Fluency in one of the two OECD official languages (English and French) and a knowledge of, or a willingness to learn, the other.
- Knowledge of other languages would be an asset.
- For this role, the following competencies would be particularly important: Enable People, Ethics and Integrity, Collaboration and Horizontality and Innovate and Embrace Change.
- For these competencies please refer to the level 2 indicators of the OECD Core Competencies.
- Two-year fixed term appointment, with the possibility of renewal.
- Depending on level of experience, monthly salary starts at 7,206 plus allowances based on eligibility, exempt of French income tax.
- Please note that the appointment may be made at a lower grade based on the qualifications and professional experience of the selected applicant.
Please note that our Rules and Regulations stipulate that the mandatory retirement age is 65.
The OECD is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes the applications of all qualified candidates [who are nationals of OECD member countries, irrespective of their racial or ethnic origin, opinions or beliefs, gender, sexual orientation, health or disabilities
The OECD promotes an optimal use of resources in order to improve its efficiency and effectiveness. Staff members are encouraged to actively contribute to this goal.
This vacancy will be filled as soon as possible, and applications should reach us no later than Wednesday 13 December 2023 23h59.