DRC General Secretariat Student Assistant
Do you want to experience what it is like to work for Denmark’s largest humanitarian NGO operation in more than 40 countries? And do you want to support the Secretary General and team? Then apply for our DRC General Secretariat student position starting mid/end January 2024.
Who are we?
The Secretary General’s office is a small team, supporting the Secretary General and overall governance of DRC. It supports the meetings of the Executive Management Team, the Board of Directors, and the Council of DRC. It coordinates closely with departments and regions across DRC on strategic projects.
About the job
The student assistant will become part of the Secretary General’s office and will assist in various administrative tasks, including support on internal communication. You will be coordinating your work closely with the colleagues of the Secretary General’s Office.
The tasks will include, but are not limited to:
- Bookkeeping, including travel requisitions and reports.
- Archiving of key documents and assisting with collecting signatures from Chairperson, Board of Directors, and Secretary General.
- Assisting with updating intranet and other internal communication tasks to leaders and staff globally.
- Other ad hoc administrative tasks as per the needs of the Secretary General’s office.
As a student assistant in the Secretary General’s office, we offer you the opportunity to:
- Gain experience working in an internationally recognized humanitarian NGO.
- Work independently and with a lot of responsibility.
- Be part of a small enthusiastic and dynamic team.
- Support financial tasks and gain technical skills by working with the DRC ERP system ‘Microsoft Dynamics’ to process expenses, as well as archiving.
- Gain experience in working with internal communication primarily via the DRC intranet (Microsoft SharePoint).
Your field of study is not paramount, but it will most likely be within social sciences, political sciences, communication, and/or international affairs.
To apply for the student assistant position, you must meet the following requirements:
- Confirm that you have the required permits to work and live in Denmark.
- Be enrolled at a university during the period of your employment in DRC.
- Be fluent in spoken and written Danish and English.
- Have the ability to navigate in a challenging environment and handle a wide range of complex tasks and sensitive information.
As a student assistant in the General Secretariat, we expect you to:
- Commit to the values and Code of Conduct of the Danish Refugee Council.
- Be able to work independently and proactively and handle challenges in a constructive and positive way.
- Be able to work as part of a team.
- Have an interest in and flair for administrative tasks incl. financial management. Be open-minded and flexible towards the different tasks assigned to you.
All employees should master DRC's core competencies: Taking the lead, Collaborating, Striving for excellence, Demonstrating integrity, and Communicating.
Contract length: This is a permanent position (though subject to being enrolled in a university), and we are therefore looking for a student assistant who will not finalize their studies before Summer 2025.
Working hours: 15 hours per week. The working hours should preferably be split on 3 working days per week and within normal office hours from 8:00 to 17:00.
Workplace: As a student assistant, you will be working at the Danish Refugee Council’s headquarters in Copenhagen.
Start date: Mid/end January 2024, or soonest possible.
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with the agreement between DRC and HK.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV in English. Apply online on our page Current Vacancies at www.drc.ngo.
Closing date for applications: December 11th, 2023. We expect to conduct interviews during week 51 (18-22 December 2023). Due to the urgency of filling the role, we may conduct interviews on a running basis, so we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
For questions regarding the vacancy please contact Executive Assistant to the Secretary General, Trine Korsholm Jensen, 93918255, firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: