Consultant - Investment Officer, Treasury
The Caribbean Development Bank (CDB/the Bank) is seeking a dynamic professional to fill the role of Consultant – Investment Officer, Treasury (IOT) in the Treasury Unit. The successful candidate will be based at CDB’s headquarters in St. Michael, Barbados.
The Finance Department is responsible for the Bank's financial position through effective planning and management of the functions of financing, investing, general and cost accounting, budgeting, cash flow analysis, financial analysis and reporting. The Department is also responsible for developing and administering financial policies and procedures and strengthening the Bank’s infrastructure and capability to mobilise resources to support its development agenda. The Department also has responsibility for corporate procurement and asset risk insurance.
Reporting to the Manager, Treasury Unit, the Investment Officer is, in accordance with the Bank's approved policies and guidelines, accountable for cash and investment portfolio management, managing interest rate risk through the application of derivative products or other approved means or methods. The officer will also be required to monitor and ensure that the IT support systems, policies and guidelines always align with the Bank’s requirement for accuracy, integrity of information and other business objectives.
1) Manage assigned Investment Portfolios through ongoing research and monitoring of market developments and new products;
2) Trade securities to ensure that the designated portfolios are in accordance with the Bank’s investment policies and guidelines with respect to values, credit quality, amounts and any other limits;
3) Optimise returns from the portfolios and, when necessary, advise management on new or amended investment options to achieve this outcome;
4) Ensure that adequate liquidity is available to fund the Bank’s operations in full and on time and that remaining resources are managed to provide returns;
5) Manage the portfolio of derivatives and hedging instruments associated with the bank’s financial assets and liabilities and provide valuations as required, and maintain oversight of related transactions;
6) Monitor the IT systems of the Treasury Unit to ensure that they are maintained in good order, system upgrades undertaken in full and on time, all required training is obtained, and the integrity and accuracy of the data transferred to the General Ledger (GL) on a daily basis is assured;
7) Maintain up to date information on technology and financial trends related to Treasury functions and where necessary make relevant analysis and recommendations to management;
8) Liaise with staff both within and outside of the unit to ensure that the workflow is timely and accurate and meets required standards;
9) Review payment system records and accounting entries for accuracy and timeliness;
10) Prepare assigned schedules, financial reports, management and other reports as required including those reports and schedules for the Bank’s external auditors or other oversight agencies to the required time and standards;
11) Effect or ensure timely and accurate payments in Corefin, Kyriba and Swift systems (or replacements)
12) Ensure that all items held in the Bank’s safe remain secure, including documentation of the movements of such items;
13) Provide relevant information advice and support to the Bank’s efforts when securing financing for its liquidity requirements;
The successful candidate should have:
- A Master's degree in International Finance or CFA Level 2 designation.
- At least three (3) years of experience in a similar role.
- Technical certified expertise in the fields of financial analysis and investment portfolio management
- Sound knowledge of international capital markets, policies and strategies gained from actual experience;
- Experience in the application and valuation of various financial products;
- Experience in the use of trading, investment and settlement systems
The IOT should demonstrate strong proficiency in the following competencies:
- Ability to conduct continuous capital market research through the use of financial newspapers and reports, analyses by commentators and investors, and discussions with traders and dealers.
- Ability to identify and evaluate unique ways to improve the organization (cost reductions, use of resources, policies/procedures, products); generating useful new ideas, approaches or techniques.
- Ability acquiring and effectively utilising knowledge/understanding gained through study, instruction or experience.
- A high degree of digital agility and adaptability to exploit new technologies.
- Ability to grasp concepts and theories quickly to identify and implement feasible solutions to issues which may arise.
- Understanding what is important to the organization and focusing on business issues (e.g. costs, cash flow, profits, etc.) in making choices.
Delivering High Quality Work
Critically reviews work processes to ensure quality; addresses problems that could impact quality; makes sure project deliverables and services meet all requirements and expectations; does not make the same mistakes twice.
Displaying Technical Expertise
Keeps his/her technical skills current; effectively applies specialised knowledge and skills to perform work tasks; understands and masters the technical skills, knowledge, and tasks associated with his/her job; shares technical expertise with others.
Aligns day-to-day activities around broader organisational goals and objectives; prioritises resources based on the strategic objectives of the organisation; recognises and rewards people based on how their actions support the broader needs of the organisation.
Moves quickly to make decisions and commits to a clear course of action; comfortable making decisions based on partial information; willing to take risks in order to maintain momentum; shows a strong bias toward action.
Consistently communicates with clarity and thoroughness to optimise audience understanding. Communicates information in a clear, concise, and timely manner. Demonstrates effective speaking and presentation skills.
Driving for Results
Bottom-line oriented and pushes self and others to achieve results. Keeps current on project status; makes sure people are aware of project status and what they need to do to keep things moving; redirects project resources and activities to overcome setbacks; elevates project concerns to senior levels of leadership when appropriate.
Acting as a Champion for Change
Actively identifies problems and opportunities for change and implements solutions where appropriate. Maintains effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or the work environment; and supports people in their efforts to try new things.
TERMS OF APPOINTMENT
Before you proceed to apply, please consider the following requirements:
You must be a national of one of CDB’s member countries.
You will be required to produce evidence of any educational and professional qualifications to support your application if you are selected for an interview.
All appointments are subject to satisfactory background checks and references.
CDB fully respects the need for confidentiality of the information supplied and assures you that we will not discuss your background and interest with anyone, including references, without your prior consent.
The deadline for submission of applications is December 17, 2023 at 11:59 pm AST.
The Caribbean Development Bank is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, or disabilities. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Bank provides reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities participating in the job application or interview process. Please contact us to request such accommodation.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: