Information Technology Officer (Information and Records Management)
The Caribbean Development Bank (CDB/the Bank) is seeking to recruit a dynamic professional for the role of Information Technology Officer (Information & Records Management). The successful candidate will be based at CDB’s headquarters in St. Michael, Barbados.
The successful candidate will play a critical role in the efficient organisation, maintenance, and retrieval of company information and records. They will be responsible for implementing best practices in information and records management, with a primary focus on utilizing SharePoint as the central platform. This role demands a detail-oriented, tech-savvy professional with a strong commitment to data integrity, compliance, and accessibility.
The Information Technology Officer (Information & Records Management) will be responsible for:
- Information and Records Management Strategy: Support the development and implementation of a comprehensive information and records management strategy aligned with organizational goals. Leverage SharePoint's capabilities to enhance data management and accessibility.
- SharePoint Administration: Serve as the primary administrator for SharePoint, including configuring document libraries, managing permissions, and ensuring proper access controls are in place.
- Records Retention and Disposal: Establish and maintain records retention policies in compliance with legal and regulatory requirements. Ensure timely disposal of records that have reached the end of their lifecycle.
- Metadata Management: Define and enforce metadata standards to improve searchability and categorization of documents within SharePoint.
- User Training and Support: Provide training and support to employees on proper document management practices within SharePoint, including version control and metadata tagging.
- Security and Compliance: Ensure that all information and records stored in SharePoint are secure, confidential information is appropriately protected, and compliance with relevant data protection regulations is maintained.
- Document Workflow Automation: Implement workflows and automation within SharePoint to streamline document approval, review, and archiving processes.
- Quality Assurance: Regularly audit SharePoint content to ensure accuracy, completeness, and adherence to established guidelines.
- Collaboration and Integration: Facilitate collaboration among teams by optimizing SharePoint for document sharing and co-authoring. Integrate SharePoint with other relevant tools and systems as needed.
- Continuous Improvement: Stay updated on industry best practices and technology advancements to propose and implement improvements in information and records management processes.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
The successful candidate should have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Information Management, Library Science, or a related field.
- Proven experience in information and records management, with at least three (3) years of hands-on experience with SharePoint.
- A strong understanding of information governance principles and records management standards.
- Familiarity with relevant regulatory frameworks (e.g., GDPR, HIPAA) and compliance requirements.
- Proficiency in SharePoint administration and configuration.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
A graduate degree in Science, Information Management, Library Science, or a related field will be considered an asset.
The Information Technology Officer (Information & Records Management) must demonstrate strong ability to:
- Champion innovation and institutional change.
- Take a consultative and collaborative approach to problem-solving.
- Refine and present complex/technical subject matter to stakeholders, at any level.
- Operate with sensitivity in a diverse, multicultural environment and to build effective working relationships at all levels.
- Detail-oriented with strong problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
The successful candidate should demonstrate a strong proficiency in the following competencies:
Acting as a Champion
Actively identifies problems and opportunities for change and implements solutions where appropriate. Maintains effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or the work environment; and supports people in their efforts to try new things.
Moves quickly to make decisions and commits to a clear course of action; comfortable making decisions based on partial information; willing to take risks in order to maintain momentum; shows a strong bias toward action.
Aligns day-to-day activities around broader organisational goals and objectives; prioritises resources based on the strategic objectives of the organisation; recognises and rewards people based on how their actions support the broader needs of the organisation.
Calls attention to issues that impact customer satisfaction; views situations from the perspective of customers; encourages people to think about customers when making decisions and develops and sustains productive customer relationships.
Consistently communicates with clarity and thoroughness to optimise audience understanding. Communicates information in a clear, concise, and timely manner. Demonstrates effective speaking and presentation skills.
Critically reviews work processes to ensure quality; addresses problems that could impact quality; makes sure project deliverables and services meet all requirements and expectations; does not make the same mistakes twice.
Keeps his/her technical skills current; effectively applies specialised knowledge and skills to perform work tasks; understands and masters the technical skills, knowledge, and tasks associated with his/her job; shares technical expertise with others.
Driving for Results
Bottom-line oriented and pushes self and others to achieve results. Keeps current on project status; makes sure people are aware of project status and what they need to do to keep things moving; redirects project resources and activities to overcome setbacks; elevates project concerns to senior levels of leadership when appropriate.
TERMS OF APPOINTMENT
This role is a full-time position with the successful candidate being contracted on a two-year basis in the first instance, with the possibility of renewal. The salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience. The benefits package includes a pension plan, life and medical insurances.
Before you proceed to apply, please consider the following requirements:
- You must be a national of one of CDB’s member countries.
- You will be required to produce evidence of any educational and professional qualifications to support your application if you are selected for an interview.
- All appointments are subject to satisfactory background checks and references.
CDB fully respects the need for confidentiality of information supplied and assures you that we will not discuss your background and interest with anyone including references, without your prior consent.
The deadline for submission of applications is December 17, 2023 at 11:59 pm AST.
The Caribbean Development Bank is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, or disabilities. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Bank provides reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities who participate in the job application or interview process. Please contact us to request such accommodation.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: