Data Analytics Officer
The Caribbean Development Bank (CDB/the Bank) is seeking to recruit a dynamic professional for the role of Data Analytics Officer. The successful candidate will be based at CDB’s headquarters in St. Michael, Barbados.
The Data Analytics Officer is a key member of the Information and Analytics team, responsible for leveraging data to drive strategic decision-making within the organization. This role requires a deep understanding of data analytics, business intelligence tools (with a focus on Power BI), and the ability to turn data into actionable insights. The Data Analytics Officer will collaborate with various departments to enhance data-driven strategies and improve overall business performance.
- Data Analysis: Conduct in-depth data analysis to extract meaningful insights from various data sources, identifying trends, patterns, and opportunities.
- Power BI Expertise: Develop and maintain interactive dashboards, reports, and data visualizations using Power BI to support decision-makers across the organization.
- Data Modeling: Design and implement data models to ensure data accuracy, consistency, and relevance in reporting and analysis.
- Business Intelligence Strategy: Contribute to the development and execution of the organization's Business Intelligence strategy to meet business goals and objectives.
- Data Integration: Collaborate with IT and data engineering teams to ensure seamless data integration and the availability of relevant data for analysis.
- Reporting: Generate and distribute regular and ad-hoc reports to key stakeholders, ensuring the accuracy and timeliness of the information.
- Performance Monitoring: Establish key performance indicators (KPIs) and develop monitoring systems to track business performance and provide insights for improvement.
- Data Governance: Implement and enforce data governance policies and procedures to maintain data quality and security.
- Collaboration: Work closely with cross-functional teams to understand their data needs and provide analytics solutions to address specific business challenges.
- Continuous Improvement: Stay up to date with industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices in data analytics and business intelligence.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
The successful candidate should have:
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field (e.g., Business, Data Science, Computer Science).
- A minimum of 3 years’ proven experience in data analytics, business intelligence, or a related field.
- Strong expertise in Power BI, including data modeling, report/dashboard creation, and administration.
- Proficiency in data analysis techniques and tools, with the ability to translate data into actionable insights.
- Knowledge of data governance principles and best practices.
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Familiarity with data security and compliance regulations (e.g., GDPR, HIPAA) is a plus.
- Experience with other business intelligence tools (e.g., Power BI, Tableau, QlikView) is an advantage.
- Certification in Power BI or related areas is preferred but not mandatory.
The Data Analytics Officer must demonstrate strong ability to:
- Champion innovation and institutional change.
- Take a consultative and collaborative approach to problem-solving.
- Refine and present complex/technical subject matter to stakeholders, at any level.
- Operate with sensitivity in a diverse, multicultural environment and to build effective working relationships at all levels.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to convey technical information to non-technical stakeholders.
The successful candidate should demonstrate a strong proficiency in the following competencies:
Acting as a Champion
Actively identifies problems and opportunities for change and implements solutions where appropriate. Maintains effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or the work environment; and supports people in their efforts to try new things.
Moves quickly to make decisions and commits to a clear course of action; comfortable making decisions based on partial information; willing to take risks in order to maintain momentum; shows a strong bias toward action.
Aligns day-to-day activities around broader organisational goals and objectives; prioritises resources based on the strategic objectives of the organisation; recognises and rewards people based on how their actions support the broader needs of the organisation.
Calls attention to issues that impact customer satisfaction; views situations from the perspective of customers; encourages people to think about customers when making decisions and develops and sustains productive customer relationships.
Consistently communicates with clarity and thoroughness to optimise audience understanding. Communicates information in a clear, concise, and timely manner. Demonstrates effective speaking and presentation skills.
Critically reviews work processes to ensure quality; addresses problems that could impact quality; makes sure project deliverables and services meet all requirements and expectations; does not make the same mistakes twice.
Keeps his/her technical skills current; effectively applies specialised knowledge and skills to perform work tasks; understands and masters the technical skills, knowledge, and tasks associated with his/her job; shares technical expertise with others.
Driving for Results
Bottom-line oriented and pushes self and others to achieve results. Keeps current on project status; makes sure people are aware of project status and what they need to do to keep things moving; redirects project resources and activities to overcome setbacks; elevates project concerns to senior levels of leadership when appropriate.
TERMS OF APPOINTMENT
This role is a full-time position with the successful candidate being contracted on a two-year basis in the first instance, with the possibility of renewal. The salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience. The benefits package includes a pension plan, life and medical insurances.
Before you proceed to apply, please consider the following requirements:
- You must be a national of one of CDB’s member countries.
- You will be required to produce evidence of any educational and professional qualifications to support your application if you are selected for an interview.
- All appointments are subject to satisfactory background checks and references.
CDB fully respects the need for confidentiality of information supplied and assures you that we will not discuss your background and interest with anyone including references, without your prior consent.
The deadline for submission of applications is December 17, 2023 at 11:59 pm AST.
The Caribbean Development Bank is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, or disabilities. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Bank provides reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities who participate in the job application or interview process. Please contact us to request such accommodation.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: