Manager Analytics and Information
The Caribbean Development Bank (CDB/the Bank) is seeking to recruit a dynamic professional for the role of Manager, Analytics and Information Management. The successful candidate will be based at CDB’s headquarters in St. Michael, Barbados.
The Manager of Analytics and Information Management is responsible for overseeing the development, implementation, and maintenance of analytics and information management systems within the organization. This role requires strong expertise in SharePoint and Power BI, as well as a deep understanding of data analysis and information management best practices. The Manager will lead a team of analysts and collaborate with various departments to drive data-driven decision-making processes.
The Manager, Analytics and Information Management is responsible for:
- Data Governance: Establish and enforce data governance policies and procedures to maintain data quality, integrity, and security.
- Information and Records Management : Establish and enforce information management policies and procedures to maintain Bank record quality, integrity, and security.
- Data Integration: Collaborate with IT and other relevant teams to ensure seamless data integration across various systems and platforms.
- Data Analysis: Perform advanced data analysis, including data mining, trend analysis, and predictive modeling, to extract valuable insights and support decision-making.
- Reporting: Generate regular and ad-hoc reports for different departments and stakeholders, ensuring accuracy and relevance.
- Analytics Strategy: Develop and execute a comprehensive analytics strategy that aligns with the organization's goals and objectives.
- SharePoint Management: Manage and optimize SharePoint environments, ensuring data accuracy, security, and accessibility.
- Power BI Expertise: Leverage Power BI to create interactive and insightful dashboards, reports, and data visualizations to support business needs.
- Team Leadership: Lead a team of analysts, providing guidance, mentorship, and performance management to ensure the team's success.
- Training and Development: Provide training and support to staff and end-users on SharePoint and Power BI best practices.
- Vendor Management: Collaborate with external vendors and consultants as needed for specialized analytics projects or tools.
- Project Management: Lead analytics and information management projects, including scoping, planning, execution, and evaluation.
- Continuous Improvement: Stay updated on industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices in analytics and information management to drive continuous improvement.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
The successful candidate should have:
- A Master’s degree in a relevant field (e.g., Business, Computer Science, Information Management).
- A minimum of 5 years’ proven experience in analytics, information management, or a related field. (leading or driving analytics programmes in a medium to large organisation)
- Strong expertise in SharePoint and Power BI, including data modeling, report/dashboard creation, and administration.
- Previous experience in a managerial or leadership role, with the ability to lead and develop a team.
- Excellent data analysis and problem-solving skills, with proficiency in data manipulation and interpretation.
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Knowledge of data governance principles and best practices.
- Familiarity with data security and compliance regulations (e.g., GDPR, HIPAA) is a plus.
The Information Officer must demonstrate strong ability to:
- Champion innovation and institutional change.
- Take a consultative and collaborative approach to problem-solving.
- Refine and present complex/technical subject matter to stakeholders, at any level.
- Operate with sensitivity in a diverse, multicultural environment and to build effective working relationships at all levels.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to convey technical information to non-technical stakeholders.
The successful candidate should demonstrate a strong proficiency in the following competencies:
Acting as a Champion
Actively identifies problems and opportunities for change and implements solutions where appropriate. Maintains effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or the work environment; and supports people in their efforts to try new things.
Moves quickly to make decisions and commits to a clear course of action; comfortable making decisions based on partial information; willing to take risks in order to maintain momentum; shows a strong bias toward action.
Aligns day-to-day activities around broader organisational goals and objectives; prioritises resources based on the strategic objectives of the organisation; recognises and rewards people based on how their actions support the broader needs of the organisation.
Calls attention to issues that impact customer satisfaction; views situations from the perspective of customers; encourages people to think about customers when making decisions and develops and sustains productive customer relationships.
Consistently communicates with clarity and thoroughness to optimise audience understanding. Communicates information in a clear, concise, and timely manner. Demonstrates effective speaking and presentation skills.
Critically reviews work processes to ensure quality; addresses problems that could impact quality; makes sure project deliverables and services meet all requirements and expectations; does not make the same mistakes twice.
Keeps his/her technical skills current; effectively applies specialised knowledge and skills to perform work tasks; understands and masters the technical skills, knowledge, and tasks associated with his/her job; shares technical expertise with others.
Driving for Results
Bottom-line oriented and pushes self and others to achieve results. Keeps current on project status; makes sure people are aware of project status and what they need to do to keep things moving; redirects project resources and activities to overcome setbacks; elevates project concerns to senior levels of leadership when appropriate.
TERMS OF APPOINTMENT
This role is a full-time position with the successful candidate being contracted on a two-year basis in the first instance, with the possibility of renewal. The salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience. The benefits package includes a pension plan, life and medical insurances.
Before you proceed to apply, please consider the following requirements:
- You must be a national of one of CDB’s member countries.
- You will be required to produce evidence of any educational and professional qualifications to support your application if you are selected for an interview.
- All appointments are subject to satisfactory background checks and references.
CDB fully respects the need for confidentiality of information supplied and assures you that we will not discuss your background and interest with anyone including references, without your prior consent.
The deadline for submission of applications is December 17, 2023 at 11:59 pm AST.
The Caribbean Development Bank is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, or disabilities. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Bank provides reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities who participate in the job application or interview process. Please contact us to request such accommodation.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: