HEAD OF GLOBAL ENGAGEMENT
Caux Initiatives of Change Foundation (Caux Foundation) is seeking an engaging, compassionate, energetic, highly organized individual to join the team to implement and develop the Caux Foundation’s Global Engagement Strategy in International Geneva (2024-2030).
Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the Head of Global Engagement is also Head of the Geneva Office and member of the Leadership Team of the Caux Foundation. The Head of Global Engagement focuses on the implementation of the Global Engagement Strategy in International Geneva (2024-2030). An MoU between Initiatives of Change (IofC) International and the Caux Foundation regulates the role and responsibilities in support of the IofC network.
This is a full-time or 80% position based in Geneva, Switzerland with responsibilities for deliverables guided by the Global Engagement Strategy in International Geneva (2024-2030) and the programme logframe 2024-2026.
Caux Foundation seeks to increase the organization’s quality in influence and impact at the global, national and local levels by working closely with colleagues across the IofC network and with the liaison officer for the Council of Europe.
This role will help continue consistency in policy messaging and approach to ensure maximum impact, visibility, and a firmly established organizational voice in relevant spaces.
The Head of Global Engagement works as part of the Caux Foundation’s Leadership Team and leads the strategic thinking and planning for Caux Foundation’s engagement in Geneva. The Global Engagement Strategy in International Geneva shapes the Caux Foundation’s approach and priorities and provides the long-term strategic direction and objectives for the Global Engagement. The Head of Global Engagement works closely with colleagues from across the IofC network to contribute to changes on the priority issues.
This role is responsible for the delivery of the Global Engagement Strategy in Geneva and oversees advocacy, policy and engagement activities at the international level with the following priorities:
· PRIORITY 1 – Caux as part of International Geneva
· PRIORITY 2 – Partnerships
· PRIORITY 3 – Caux as an Inner Development Goals Center
· PRIORITY 4 – Art and Conflict
Dimensions of the role
This role will execute an important leadership function, driving international agendas for change in uncertain and complex times with a global mindset. The leadership expectation is also around the team and its development. This requires a high emotional intelligence and at the same time a pragmatic and inclusive way of working. At the Caux Foundation, we work with creative leadership principles bringing a coaching mindset and agile working styles.
The role will:
· Engage in strategic and high-level representation for Caux Foundation with member states and in UN forums, high-level processes and meetings, external events, partnerships and high-level working groups. Act as one of the spokespersons for the organisation.
· Build networks and alliances within and outside the organization to ensure wide support for the priorities of the strategy.
· Share information, intelligence and thought leadership to support the organisation’s effective engagement in International Geneva.
· The role will also ensure alignment with other strategic engagements in collaboration with the teams working on the Community Engagement in Switzerland, Hospitality at Caux, Caux Palace maintenance, training & facilitation, communicaiton and finances / administration.
· Play a leading role in shaping the content and delivering large events in Geneva and in Caux such as the annual Caux Forum.
· As part of the Caux Foundation Leadership Team, contribute to the strategic thinking and planning for the Caux Foundation. Engage across IofC international, representing Caux Foundation with a clear mandate from IofC International in relevant discussions to ensure contextualized delivery of relevant parts of the Global Engagement Strategy, aligning global and local work.
· Lead the Caux Foundation in Geneva to delivery on the Global Engagement Strategy overseeing the implementation of annual plans, managing advocacy and influencing activities on priorities for the Caux Foundation, including the development of current advocacy work as well as the identification of additional advocacy opportunities relevant to Caux Foundation’s work. Sign-off on written and oral statements, as well as public communications in coordination with the Executive Director and in line with Caux Foundation’s policies.
· Work in close collaboration with the Caux Foundation’s Executive Director and in direct contact with the Caux Foundation’s President of the Council and other relevant senior functions at IofC International.
· In collaboration with the Executive Director and in reference to the Resource Mobilising Strategy, work on resource mobilisation and fundraising approaches.
· Drive innovation, quality and results supporting the scale up of effective and evidence-based advocacy approaches and models.
· Ensure knowledge is well managed and key information is shared across the organization relating to political processes and funding opportunities.
· Ensure a meaningful and ethical youth centered advocacy approach with Creative Leadership and other new actors to engagement and policy development through collaboration including with relevant IofC members.
· With the Caux Foundation’s President and Executive Director, represent Caux Foundation and IofC International (as per MoU) towards the United Nations, NGOs, Member States and other stakeholders in external events and partnerships.
· Strengthen communication and collaboration with organizations and individuals to enhance strong working relationships and reputation in Geneva .
Our Employee Value Proposition
· We ambition our Employee Value Proposition to be directly linked to our values, purpose and strategy.
· We put our strategy into action with day-to-day interventions to encourage and develop networks of people to build trust across the world’s divides, lead ethically and live sustainably.
· We aim to create more inclusive talent processes, allowing our teams to live their purpose in everyday work.
· We ambition to create a healthy and inspirational workplace where our team members can be their best (professional) self and live a distinctive experience, the Caux Transformative Experience.
· We offer competitive compensation, physical office space, location, computer equipment, flexibility and schedules.
· We offer different ways to help employees acquire new skills.
· We offer connection and community as the benefits that come from being part of a larger group.
· The size of the team makes it possible to be appreciated and valued for who you are, allowing a sense of mutual accountability, and social relationships.
· The Caux Foundation aims to offer an energizing culture that allows people to express themselves candidly and engenders a sense of belonging.
The successful candidate will have the following technical expertise, skills and knowledge:
· Have the ability to get excited about The Caux Foundation’s mission.
· A positive attitude, open-mindedness and team spirit.
· Significant and proven experience in international work environments and intercultural communication, including a strong understanding of civil society organizations and structures, humanitarian operations and the UN human rights system.
· A masters’ degree or equivalent experience in areas like; human rights, humanitarian operations, political science, international development, or other specific field relevant to IofC’s work.
· A deep and thorough understanding of multilateral and UN systems and diplomacy.
· Excellent knowledge and practice on gender equality and on Diversity, Inclusion and Equity
· Good knowledge and understanding of international politics, political processes and policy development.
· Extensive and documented experience in policy and advocacy work with international actors.
· Experience in leading and managing staff and teams.
· Excellent written and spoken English required.
· Ability to manage uncertainty and complexity.
· Stong interpersonal skills.
· Fluency in French would be advantageous.
· Work experiences across cultures.
If you are a mission driven person, find the IofC mission aspirational and correspond to the profile, we invite you to apply by Monday 18th December 2023 COB. The first interviews of short listed candidates are planned for week 8th January 2024.
Please send your motivation letter and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicate your name on the subject line followed by “Head of Global Engagement in International Geneva”.
All applications will be reviewed and an answer to all applications will be given. Thank you for your interest in Caux Initiatives of Change Foundation
The Caux Initiatives of Change Foundation has a zero-tolerance policy towards the abuse of power, exploitation, bullying, harassment and discrimination and towards fraud and corruption.
Staff behavior must be seen to be of the highest standard and in keeping with the Foundation’s vision, mission and aims. Therefore, all offers of employment are subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: